Archived Huddles

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel like I should be able to go to one huddle per day. Do you guys think this is wrong? I came in after the flow/BR huddle so I went to the sales floor huddle at 9. I work BR. No one told me anything, but it seems fair to me. Also when I close BR I like to go to the SF huddle, if I have a walkie on 1 of course. I know GE or operator never get to go to huddles...

Huddles....as a cashier my store does zilch to tell us what is going on and what to expect.
I used to read "news to use" and the monthly "RED" magazine......however, the "news to use" doesn't seem to be current....in that it takes forever for the magazines to get out to store leadership.
RED magazine....well....making that a quarterly magazine sure has made the magazine pretty useless. I wish they'd go back to printing that monthly.

I will say that the table tents in the breakroom usually have good information...and they are really good at keeping these up-to-date.

So, while huddles are great and useful for people on the salesfloor, the rest of us get nothing....unless they happen to have the huddle at the front lanes and I'm there for the opening shift....usually these two things don't happen the same day!

Hey, if you can get to one huddle a day, then go for it!

i usually went to the sf huddle when I closed backroom and I went to the 8am huddle when i came in at 7 for the backroom

Well yesterday was Freshness Friday so it wasn't a total waste.

80% of the time huddles are just the same pushing for red cards, reminders to come for back up, safety tips, company propaganda, forced recognition, etc.
The problem is you don't know when the 20% of important store news is going to be dripped into the mix.
At our store the backroom had their own huddles separate from the front of store.
I tried to show up for 2 or 3 huddles a week.
Really did my best to skip the smart huddles if I could.
Not because I didn't want to do the work but I really didn't have the extra hour or more in my day to lose.
I did like doing Freshness Friday.

We don't have any huddles after noon at my store any more. There's usually a 10am (I think?) huddle and that's it. The bast the closing team ever gets is a walkie "huddle" after hours (basically the LOD spewing sales/redcard/attachment information at us and that's all) and anyone working a mid never gets to huddle.

Get to them when you can! Huddles are useful and helps you get to know the faces behind the names barked over the walkie as well as what areas they work in. That is very useful when you need help or when you're asked to help someone... Huddles also help communication, which is in the crapper at my store right now. My experience is that huddles are the best time to communicate if pulls are piling up, for example.

*Now that I think of it, though, the VIBE has ruined huddles for the most part.

Just talk to your backroom TL...why anyone would want to voluntarily sit through 10 minutes of Target buzzwords and superfluous information is beyond me...

Just talk to your backroom TL...why anyone would want to voluntarily sit through 10 minutes of Target buzzwords and superfluous information is beyond me...

Heh, the only huddles I've found useful were several years ago and they were closing huddles, meaning that each area stated where they were on the zone and if they might need help or if they might be able to help other areas out early.

I feel your sentiment, though. The rare morning shifts I get, I avoid the huddles anymore because they're lacking any real relevance.

I avoid my TL like the plague. She usually tells me I need to help backstock, but then they call for pulls so I end up doing that. Pretty sure she was at lunch when I went to the huddle or she would've been asking where I was on the walkie.

BR comes to SF huddles at my store a lot of the time. But the backroom TL has a quick weekly meeting with them to cover anything pertinent anyway. Our STL will go on and on and on about numbers and reports until one of the etls shuts him down. Our huddles are ridiculously long.

He was going on about red cards, but most of the people at the huddle were POG, and they never go up for backup even though they work 6-2:30.

We haven't had huddles in so long... unless they're having all of them during my breaks.

Last huddle I attended, we just talked about how the zone/sign takedown was going. Thaat was pretty much it. No one ever does recognition except TLs. Other than that, a lot of huddles in the past have been useful. I learned about shopkick, snippity snaps coupons, coupon scams, the baby formula thief we used to have in huddles. The budget update is also a nice way to mentally prepare for having no hours on the next schedule -__-. I have a short attention span, though, so the huddle's like a mini-break. That's really why I like them, but I don't think having them is a bad idea. Most of the time, they just don't give us any updates or new information that would actually be beneficial to TMs.

Huddles....as a cashier my store does zilch to tell us what is going on and what to expect.
I used to read "news to use" and the monthly "RED" magazine......however, the "news to use" doesn't seem to be current....in that it takes forever for the magazines to get out to store leadership.
RED magazine....well....making that a quarterly magazine sure has made the magazine pretty useless. I wish they'd go back to printing that monthly.

I will say that the table tents in the breakroom usually have good information...and they are really good at keeping these up-to-date.

So, while huddles are great and useful for people on the salesfloor, the rest of us get nothing....unless they happen to have the huddle at the front lanes and I'm there for the opening shift....usually these two things don't happen the same day!

Just recently, my GSTLs started doing "cashier huddles." It's not really a huddle, per se; more of a one-on-one thing. When we come in for our shifts, we check in with the GSTL and they tell us our break times, Red Card goal, how many Red Cards we have so far, how many more Red Cards we need after we hit the goal because we're behind for the week, more pointless BS about Red Cards, even more pointless BS about Red Cards, an occasional pop quiz on front end policies, and any new information that we may not have received yet.

Shop kick is no good.

Huh? I got an email recently from shopkick about some new features that worked with Target (when you look through the lookbooks, you can buy directly from the website now and I guess the points are involved)
I'm working toward Redbox movies (I earned about 3 already), though so I don't really care and my checkins to Target (only when I'm off the clock, I swear) are still counting toward my points.

Cashier "huddles" sound like a good idea, although, I'm sure cashiers don't care about all the reiteration of the redcard importance. I was so mad that time a cashier almost didn't take my Cartwheel coupon, though haha, so I'm all for it. I even made a complaint on Cartwheel's getsatisfaction page, where it was added to a thread where a bunch of people made the same complaint. I still occasionally get updates about new replies to that thread.

No one calls us on channel 2 for for huddle, not even our Team lead when he's TLOD on sales floor. No one likes us :(
But I don't really give a rats ass.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back