Archived I called out on Christmas Eve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because Family > Target.

First time in my two-year Target career. Scheduled as cashier 3:30-10:30; found no one who could cover me.

The lines may be a little longer with one less cashier, but frankly I have no sympathy for those procrastinators who waited until today to shop.

Nothing personal against my fellow TMs. Sometimes in life you have to have an asshole moment for yourself.

Hope you feel better. As they probably reminded you when you called, if you have enough hours for holiday pay, you don't receive pay on the holiday if you call out the day before or the day after the holiday.

I called out as well. But I really didn't want to. I'm actually sick. I came down with the flu Monday and still had a fever when I was supposed to be at work this morning. But again, they made it without me, I'm sure. Oh, well. I'll be putting in for some vacation time next time I work.

Didn't call out, but our team did what we needed to and dipped early. I can't blame you. The fact of the matter is that the pay isn't worth family sacrifices, should you have to make that choice. At least you realized that before me. It's my fourth christmas, FYI.

I applaud you. I worked last night, but I'm going to try to avoid it if I'm still working at Target next year.

I called out as well. But I really didn't want to. I'm actually sick. I came down with the flu Monday and still had a fever when I was supposed to be at work this morning. But again, they made it without me, I'm sure. Oh, well. I'll be putting in for some vacation time next time I work.

Same. Tomorrow isn't looking good either at this rate. I'd for sure rather be working. I'm totally miserable. I can't remember the last time I got this sick, this fast.

If you don't like the hours, change your availability or find another job.

"Because Family > Target." Really? Doesn't your job at Target help to feed your "Family?"

Your skipping work just means the other TMs have to make up for your bullshit. Good job!!!

"Because Family > Target." Really? Doesn't your job at Target help to feed your "Family?"

Your skipping work just means the other TMs have to make up for your bullshit. Good job!!!
U sound like a good little Target bitch

There are ways of disagreeing without insulting people!
Keep it civil.

Bro, I have no dependents so the only person I feed is myself. Family refers to extended family. Please reserve judgement for when you know FACTS.

It has nothing to do with Target.

It's merely a work ethic. You don't make others work harder just because you don't like the hours you're assigned to work.

Easypeasyjapanesy!

When you get old and gray
You will never say
I wish I had spent
All my time to make rent
Living for my job
And not my family.

You're right. Others should be made to make up for your slack.

Why should you have to show up for work if you don't want to?

Sure you did! That's why you said "we" and "everyone."

Please! Try to keep up.

Perhaps you need your coffee... ;)

Honestly staying open until 10pm on Christmas Eve was ridiculous. Everything else was closed by 6. I don't blame anyone for calling out on that night. Family is greater than Target. I think most of us gave up plenty of family events so we could work at Spot through the holiday season starting with the assinine Thanksgiving hours. The people who did call in made a judgement call for themselves. So if the lines were longer and service wasn't as good so be it. If you wait until 7pm on Christmas eve to buy presents the service you receive will be the service you deserve. I hope those of you that did call out had a wonderful time with your families, I really do. And if any leadership made their teams stay past 10 pm to zone the store they are flat out assholes.

My LOD was luckily not remotely pestering anyone to finish stuff before leaving. She in fact did the opposite and was the one pestering me and trying to drag me out the door. Last three people in the store were her, her daughter (CTL), and myself.

We all left a few minutes after the last guest exited.. We have an uber cool STL.

If your STL was there you had an obviously awesome STL. Ours? Hah, she didn't step foot in the store on Christmas Eve.

Nor did any ETL's.

Only one Sr. TL there all night as well.

From 6:30-10:00 we had 1 TL, the LOD/Sr. TL, and a bunch of TM's, anyone else high up the hierarchy took the day off or left early.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back