Archived I came in on the wrong day and worked an entire shift. Am i screwed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

I was just hired last thursday and I got my schedule for my first week in orientation. I joted down the days and times I had to work on my phones notepad and used that as a reference.

I was supposed to work sunday (30th) and saturday (6th). But being a major idiot I showed up on saturday the 29th and worked my entire shift (7 hours) and then came in the next day and worked my sunday shift too.

I just now (1st) realised that I completely was not supposed to work on saturday but did anyway. I clocked in and out and everything.

What should I do? Should I call someone? Or should I just pretend that it never happened and come in on the 6th to work another shift? I'm also a minor if that matters.

Thanks.

how did you clock in if you werent scheduled doesnt it beep at you if you try

i wouldnt say anything tho if they havent they probably wont notice but thats just me

How is this even possible? Weren't you doing training shifts? Surely somebody, the LOD, a TL, your trainer, whoever would've noticed you weren't on the daily grid?
I just showed up on the wrong day and told them the hours I thought I was supposed to work and they went with it. Gave me a schedule on when I should go on break and everything. I just hope I don't get in trouble for it, even though it is entirely my fault. :(

I'm surprised the time clock allowed you to clock in.

Sounds like an honest mistake to me. You won't be fired over it.

As you are young let this be a lesson to you to always double check your schedule. Don't assume, while this isn't the biggest deal in the world it can get you in trouble down the road.

We had a trainee call out her first two shifts so you are good. Apologize and bring it up before they bring it up to you

Timeclock shouldn't of let you do that... should of said "ERR: Not on schedule" or something like that while beeping obnoxiously. Did you have a GSTL clock you in? Anyone? That's kind of insane, but I highly doubt anything can be done against you. It's 100% a mistake and it happens especially when you're new. Just let someone know, they can't not pay you for the work you did.

Sounds like an honest mistake to me. You won't be fired over it.

As you are young let this be a lesson to you to always double check your schedule. Don't assume, while this isn't the biggest deal in the world it can get you in trouble down the road.

Building off this, it's better to have worked an extra day rather than had an NCNS

Just be up front with your TL about it. They will probably be ok with it as long as there isn't another occurrence during your 90 days.

But your TL should have been more apprised of your training schedule and when you actually started, and the time clock should have denied your punch.

The LOD who forced you through on the time clock should have known something was off. I mean if you were scheduled, he or she wouldn't have needed to assist with clocking you in.

And even then, they should have had a form called a "Grid", which is just a report with everyone's schedule that day broken down by department. It'd have been easy to check that to see you weren't scheduled.

When she forced the time clock she said that it was normal to have to be forced in if it was the first time someone worked. And since it was my first shift it made sense.

We usually tell new hires on their first day not to bother clocking in. They can try if they want but 9 times out of 10 it won't work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back