Archived I can’t do this anymore

Should I stop showing up or go through my resignation date?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been working at target for 3.5 years and I just put in my resignation for the end of March. I work there every other weekend as a Beauty team member/cash office. But since I put my two weeks in they scheduled me as a cashier. And I HATE CASHIERINGG. I did it for almost two years. I despise cashiering and I know I have 6 more days left in a Span of a month. I don’t know if I can do it. How can I tell them to stop scheduling me as a cashier ?!???

I have been working at target for 3.5 years and I just put in my resignation for the end of March. I work there every other weekend as a Beauty team member/cash office. But since I put my two weeks in they scheduled me as a cashier. And I HATE CASHIERINGG. I did it for almost two years. I despise cashiering and I know I have 6 more days left in a Span of a month. I don’t know if I can do it. How can I tell them to stop scheduling me as a cashier ?!???

Ask

The only reason I gave my notice so early is because I have 80 hours of vacation and since I only average 16 hours a week it has to be spread out in a month. I decided to work as well as using my vacation hours in. Should I go back and take time off ?

You'll want to put in for vay-cay before they schedule you any more cashier shifts since vay-cay can't be applied above your weekly average.
Get with your HT-ETL or a friendly hrtm.

I personally used to love working for target that now I’m getting sick of the horrible management and some people that work there. I love my job but I can’t deal anymore with mangement! They are all horrible people outside of work! Like I wish I called fucking ap on an etl coming in on her day off to tell people in cosmetics what to do and they came in fucking normal clothes and went to the back room even though your not allowed too off the clock but because they are an etl there allowed to do what ever they want! That was according to team leads. Idk though sketchy as hell!

I personally used to love working for target that now I’m getting sick of the horrible management and some people that work there. I love my job but I can’t deal anymore with mangement! They are all horrible people outside of work! Like I wish I called fucking ap on an etl coming in on her day off to tell people in cosmetics what to do and they came in fucking normal clothes and went to the back room even though your not allowed too off the clock but because they are an etl there allowed to do what ever they want! That was according to team leads. Idk though sketchy as hell!
Etls get a salary and technically are always on the clock, so yes they can come in wearing street clothes and tell people what needs to be done and visit the backroom if they'd like.

Etls get a salary and technically are always on the clock, so yes they can come in wearing street clothes and tell people what needs to be done and visit the backroom if they'd like.
I can back this. ETLs come in wearing their pajamas during power outages all the time haha. They just come to check on things if they live around the area. Pretty sure ETLs can also call and give orders through the phone while they are supposed to be on vacation too.

ETLs at my store wouldn’t help cashier under any circumstances, ever. I doubt that they can even remember how to ring up guests, if they ever knew, but our cashiers would pay some serious money to watch them try and hustle for red cards...

ETLs at my store wouldn’t help cashier under any circumstances, ever. I doubt that they can even remember how to ring up guests, if they ever knew, but our cashiers would pay some serious money to watch them try and hustle for red cards...
I have one ETL who helps out at the checklanes, in fact he’s the only leader who jumps on when it’s busy. Not even the Leads help out.

Omg there is so much wrong with this. I can’t even....

I have one ETL who helps out at the checklanes, in fact he’s the only leader who jumps on when it’s busy. Not even the Leads help out.
We are not supposed to.. ESPECIALLY GSTLs!

If a gstl had to hop on a lane you failed at your job unless otherwise told by upper leadership.. even then they never make me hop on it’s called SPEED WEAVING and calling for back up. If a gstl is on a lane it becomes worse when three cashiers need your help and you’re stuck thus increasing back up of the lanes..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back