Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Was this at your store? Seriously 40,000 in dysons? The dude must be like 24 and not have a job or something to have the time to take $40K in vacuums. Are they spiderwrapped?
Gods no. I wouldn't post something that could easily identify which store I work at, and that's at least across the entire district, possibly the group.

Gods no. I wouldn't post something that could easily identify which store I work at, and that's at least across the entire district, possibly the group.

I was going to say, $40K in Dysons, that man must have a hell of a lot of carpet:rolleyes:

I think I remember my AP telling me about a similar case, but not in my district or group thank God.

Or they were trying to be polite and it came out wrong. I do it all the time...

Waiter: "Enjoy your meal!"
Me: "You too!"

Airline gate agent: "Have a nice flight!"
Classic Brian Regan.

Classic Brian Regan.
I knew I heard it somewhere! I didn't even realize that was almost an exact quote, it was just the first examples to pop into my mind.

I hope so, but I feel like more often then not they don't even notice what they said didn't make sense, cause I'll follow up with a a "have a good day" and they never give a second glance.

I had a string of people do it on my last shift, starts to hurt after awhile.

Guest: Beach towels.
Me: I'm sorry?
Guest: Beach towels!
Me: No, my name's Kyle. (points to nametag)
Guest: (looking at name tag) Oh, you don't work here?
Me: (looking pointedly at tag, which features a rather obvious Target logo and my name) I do. CIHYFS?
Guest: (suddenly calm and reasonable) Where do you have beach towels?
Me: Riiiight this way.

Guest: Beach towels.
Me: I'm sorry?
Guest: Beach towels!
Me: No, my name's Kyle. (points to nametag)
Guest: (looking at name tag) Oh, you don't work here?
Me: (looking pointedly at tag, which features a rather obvious Target logo and my name) I do. CIHYFS?
Guest: (suddenly calm and reasonable) Where do you have beach towels?
Me: Riiiight this way.
This is why I rarely have any hopes for the human race...

I forgot that target gives people bags in other places. Here in California the wonderful legislature has banned all plastic bags and mandated charging ten cents per bag for paper, so no one ever gets bags here; they all bring in HUGE reusable bags. It makes it kind of difficult to determine whether the "guest's" bag was empty when she entered or if she stuffed $1000 worth of clothing and cosmetics in there.

I'm paranoid about carrying and reusing bags (hello flashbacks to the golden days of retail where Tower Records would ask you to claim-check your outside bags!) in CA stores that I keep them folded up and stacked in my hand basket or cart. I wonder if the reusable bag usages makes for a harder job for AP?

I'm paranoid about carrying and reusing bags (hello flashbacks to the golden days of retail where Tower Records would ask you to claim-check your outside bags!) in CA stores that I keep them folded up and stacked in my hand basket or cart. I wonder if the reusable bag usages makes for a harder job for AP?

Yes, it does. There's a lot of people that come in with gigantic bags and later leave and claim that they didn't get anything. The worst are the cooler bags because they can hide more stuff and not have obvious bulges. My store also doesn't have an APS at the moment, so can't stop people who do conceal.

I hate when you submit a 300 picture order at 8:55 PM (lab closes at 9) and expect it to be ready in 1 hour. That's not happening, the time on the receipt is the time it's done. Oh, we're closed? Sorry. Oh, that's like an hour and a half and you have 20 minutes before you need to get your kid? Poor planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine, nor can I summon the magic blue smoke and make my printers go faster.

I hate it when I delete a label batch before I actually print it. I also hate the store applications user interface for letting this happen.

I hate it when you're up for backup and the checklanes get a quiet, so you get off the register and the moment you return to your section you hear on the walkie "team we need backup to the checklanes, we need backup to the checklanes."
Or when you've turned your light off, are wrapping up the last guest and while you're distracted somebody empties their cart on your lane.

I hate it when a guest brings a handbasket full of crap to check out at my counter, telling me they want it bagged.
When I hold up the only bags we have (the little handle bags), they say "Don't you have anything BIGGER?!"
Why no, we don't.
We don't bag freakin' drinks after all....

LOL Every so often I have this convo:

Me: Hey there! How are you?
Guest: Great! How are you?
Me: I'm well, thanks! How are you?

Me: Uh...yeah.

We both get a kick out of it at least. I've also had total brain meltdown (it happens often as this is a second job for me) and a guest will say thank you and I'll go "you too!" lol

A few weeks ago while working on TCM, I got curious and looked at what the Investigations Center had going. I saw a case that they had just opened on a subject who's been walking out with one or two dysons at a time. Total amount proven as of then? $40,000.
And corporate wants to cut AP hours. o_O

Might be the ring we had that was just killing us.... HD to chain the Dyson to the base decks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back