Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've had folks ask where the maps are, open them up to look while jotting down directions, then fold 'em up (usually incorrectly) before leaving.

2IHIW people call the pharmacy looking for TM's....someone calls almost daily for a certain TM and we have told her time and time again what the "main" store number is and she continues to call the pharmacy looking for this person! Yesterday, she asked us to just page the person and not transfer her to the operator...when I explained that we weren't able to do that, only the operator could page someone, she got pissy with me!

Another one: when the pharmacy is "closed" for lunch, we have signs up that CLEARLY say "when only one pharmacist is on duty, the pharmacy will be closed from 1:30-2:00" People will READ the signs, then ask us WHEN the pharmacist will be back and we'll be back open! Ummm....it's on the sign you just read, do you not comprehend "closed from 1:30- 2:00"????? :dash2:

2IHIW people call the pharmacy looking for TM's....someone calls almost daily for a certain TM and we have told her time and time again what the "main" store number is and she continues to call the pharmacy looking for this person! Yesterday, she asked us to just page the person and not transfer her to the operator...when I explained that we weren't able to do that, only the operator could page someone, she got pissy with me!

...and now we are hanging up!

Another one: when the pharmacy is "closed" for lunch, we have signs up that CLEARLY say "when only one pharmacist is on duty, the pharmacy will be closed from 1:30-2:00" People will READ the signs, then ask us WHEN the pharmacist will be back and we'll be back open! Ummm....it's on the sign you just read, do you not comprehend "closed from 1:30- 2:00"????? :dash2:

They must really need their drugs...

I also hate it when guests call me by name and i do not know them. My nametag is put to good use when other team member from the floor that do not knwo me are helping on the front lanes and need my help for something. Its just kind of creepy when the guest calls me by name but i do not know theres and they same my name multiple times throughout the transaction.

Also when they put their money on the belt. Why would you ever do that? The money could be sucked under easily i always try to grab it as quick as i can when they do that.

And when a guest fills up the whole belt with items then throws their huge purse in the middle of the paying area so there is no room for me to put the bags and they start texting on their iphone, and their cart is behind them. WTF do you expect me to do?
Thats all i got right now.

Yeah... I've been getting a lot of the people lately that call my by my name. I mean, yeah, it is there... but it still kind of bugs me every now and then. I sometimes joke with them about how they know my name, so now I should know theirs to make it fair. :p

Ooooooh, I already know YOUR name (prissy b*tch, drama queen, iPhone man, mother from h*ll, nightmare on checklane 7, guest service pain-in-the-a$$, self-absorbed metrosexual, etc).

I also hate it when guests call me by name and i do not know them. My nametag is put to good use when other team member from the floor that do not knwo me are helping on the front lanes and need my help for something. Its just kind of creepy when the guest calls me by name but i do not know theres and they same my name multiple times throughout the transaction.

I've been getting this one a lot lately too. I also hate it when <offtopic>my laptop emits a burning smell. D-: If anyone knows how to fix this, please PM me. (I'm on a desktop right now, but I'm not on as often without my laptop.)</offtopic>

I've been getting this one a lot lately too. I also hate it when <offtopic>my laptop emits a burning smell. D-: If anyone knows how to fix this, please PM me. (I'm on a desktop right now, but I'm not on as often without my laptop.)</offtopic>

Could be your battery or your fan not working. Google your laptop name for any recalls.

Re: guests leaving money on the counter - it's a mild irritant when you place stuff in their hand only to see them put it away then nearly empty your sanitizer bottle before walking away. If they only knew how much I use when THEY walk away...

That reminds me of how tonight, a guest's child had what was left of a ring pop with saliva still on it and the guest had the nerve to ask me to throw it in my trash bin. I was beyond disgusted.

Also, another thing concerning guests and their children...it really bothers me when they let their children get all in my area and even going as far as to sitting in the area where the medium bags hang, so I'm left with limited bagging space. I also can't stand when they let their children be rude without correcting them. So many ill-mannered children snatch things from me and say "Gimme my (insert toy or candy name here), or "Hurry up and bag it!" and I don't hear a word from their parent(s). :angry:

I'm using this post to vent because I had a horrible night. lol. How could I forget to mention how much I despise guests getting mad at me just because an item didn't ring up on sale? I didn't tell the computer make the price higher. I didn't put the "sale" sign up. This one guy was in the process of purchasing a belkin item and it rang up as $39.99. He immediately snapped at me, "There was a sign back there that said $29.99! I'm not paying that price!" Me, not wanting to get into trouble said "I'll call someone who can confirm that price." He shot back "You have a whole line behind me! Forget it!" and gave me this evil look. Pure retardation. I can't stand the penny pinching guests, either. Some rice rang up as $1.10 and the guest said, "in the paper, it said $1.07" I wanted to scream. It's like some of them live to make other peoples' lives miserable.

One more thing and I'm gone. :laugh4: I hate when I turn my light off when I'm abt to get off or go on break and people still come up to me and I tell them I'm closed and THEN, that's when they look up at my light. Should've done that in the first place.

I really hate when I cashier and the register double scans an item, of which I am always well aware of by the loud beep, and the guest feels the need to develop an attitude and point it out. As though I'm just trying to get them to pay more. It also irritates me when people reach over the counter to pull off their bags. Trust me, I'll pull them out and put them in your cart even, if you just develop some patience!

I really hate when I cashier and the register double scans an item, of which I am always well aware of by the loud beep, and the guest feels the need to develop an attitude and point it out. As though I'm just trying to get them to pay more. It also irritates me when people reach over the counter to pull off their bags. Trust me, I'll pull them out and put them in your cart even, if you just develop some patience!
This irritates me also. Especially, if I haven't even finished filling them. So then they end up with one or two items in a bag. If they'd only just be patient!

I hated it when I was the only scheduled opening cashier untill 12noon. The GSTL told me to go on break when it gets quiet. Once I finish on what appears to be the final guest, another line of guests come up. I am nice enough to stay on and work till it quiets down. But when it turns into 1100am, and guests still are coming up to the lanes...when I finally get a break from guests, I try to turn off my light and get my break.

...Guests look at the check lane light. If its off, I am closed. Don't complain to me about leaving you. I didn't make the schedule.

...GSTL, you need to have better scheduling so I can get my breaks. If I have to fight with guests to take breaks, call someone in or re-do the schedule. Bring guests to Guest Service or have the CA over for 15 minutes.

Most of the time, I had to work through my break. And end up having my break at the end of the shift or 15 minutes of my lunch.

I hated it when I was the only scheduled opening cashier untill 12noon. The GSTL told me to go on break when it gets quiet. Once I finish on what appears to be the final guest, another line of guests come up. I am nice enough to stay on and work till it quiets down. But when it turns into 1100am, and guests still are coming up to the lanes...when I finally get a break from guests, I try to turn off my light and get my break.

...Guests look at the check lane light. If its off, I am closed. Don't complain to me about leaving you. I didn't make the schedule.

...GSTL, you need to have better scheduling so I can get my breaks. If I have to fight with guests to take breaks, call someone in or re-do the schedule. Bring guests to Guest Service or have the CA over for 15 minutes.

Most of the time, I had to work through my break. And end up having my break at the end of the shift or 15 minutes of my lunch.

That blows. My GSTL who does the schedule is pretty good with consistence. We have 2 at 8, and 1 at 10 every day. Usually a 12pm person, too.

The lack of respect is a big issue for me. Some of the guests act so above me and some have belittled me in various ways or seem proud of themselves when their bill comes to $300. Sometimes I just want to tell them that I have a bachelor of science degree and could possibly make just as much money as they (or their husbands for those who don't work themselves) do if I wanted to. And it doesn't even matter what education level a team member has, we all deserve to be treated with respect from our guests just as we treat them with respect.
Ah yes but that would go against all unspoken laws that guests follow the clerk at the lanes is always below you and it is perfectly in your right to act all smug and superiour to them. i once had a guest tell her son not to drop out of school or she will end up like me, working retail, so to shut her up i said to her, very politly, "ma'am i have a doctorate in astrophysics and am currently looking to be employed as CAPCOM for NASA, this is just something to occupy my time until that happens" oh she was quiet for the rest of her transaction. when i said have a nice day she just stared at the floor. best friendly guest smackdown ever

That reminds me of how tonight, a guest's child had what was left of a ring pop with saliva still on it and the guest had the nerve to ask me to throw it in my trash bin. I was beyond disgusted.

Also, another thing concerning guests and their children...it really bothers me when they let their children get all in my area and even going as far as to sitting in the area where the medium bags hang, so I'm left with limited bagging space. I also can't stand when they let their children be rude without correcting them. So many ill-mannered children snatch things from me and say "Gimme my (insert toy or candy name here), or "Hurry up and bag it!" and I don't hear a word from their parent(s). :angry:

I once had a kid run behind my station, go up to the register computer and hit power during the middle the transaction. We both just kind of laughed it off and restarted the transaction on the next register.

I had a kid from the lane behind me hit the cpu button during a trans while I was bagging up the last of my guest's merch. My guest (& it was a LARGE trans) was NOT amused.
The mom was like "Oopsie" when my guest pointed out everything I was going to have to unbag & re-ring. She walked off with her toddler muttering about how "that lady wasn't very nice, was she?"

I hate when parents let their children lay on the bottom of the cart. Head sticking out near the wheels. Makes me sick to my stomach.

When I politely ask them to NOT have their child there, they give me these hateful looks.
I'm just here to protect your child from your stupidity.

^This.
I remember having to get a pair of scissors to cut a little girl's hair loose after it wound around a wheel. She screamed the whole time & her mom never once acknowleged her own stupidity at letting her daughter 'cart surf'.

We had one child get her leg stuck in the metal grate. Her mother sat there and watched us impatiently as we tried to butter her leg enough to remove it.

"Can we hurry this up, I have to get out of here."

I've never wanted to tell a guest off so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back