Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Had a weird one like that occur the other day. I was wearing a joke name tag that said MacGyver (actual name tag, not one with a label, but actual indentations. One of my friends got it made up). I looked at a guest about 20 feet away and she shouts out "Brian," and starts walking towards me. I'm about to respond, since that's my name, but I realize I'm wearing the fake nametag and she can't be talking to me. So I look behind to see if there's a Brian-looking kid there. Nope. She then approaches me and says "Brian, where is handsoap." Now this confuses me even more, because a regular person who had learned my name would know where it was, and an irregular guest wouldn't know my actual name.

I give her the location, she wanders off and I'm left there dumbfounded wondering how things just went down.

We have a couple of TMs that have those type name badges. One girl uses Foofie. (Or did at one time) Others have used the vendor name badges when they don't have theirs. I leave mine in my TM folder so I'll have it everyday, along with a box cutter.

As to people using your name....Not so much at work, but when I'm out shopping or whatever and people walk up to me and start talking to me. Might ask about my brother, or whoever. I'm too embarrassed to ask who they are, so I just answer their questions. Then I continue wondering, where do I know this person and what is their name??? :confused:

Had a weird one like that occur the other day. I was wearing a joke name tag that said MacGyver (actual name tag, not one with a label, but actual indentations. One of my friends got it made up). I looked at a guest about 20 feet away and she shouts out "Brian," and starts walking towards me. I'm about to respond, since that's my name, but I realize I'm wearing the fake nametag and she can't be talking to me. So I look behind to see if there's a Brian-looking kid there. Nope. She then approaches me and says "Brian, where is handsoap." Now this confuses me even more, because a regular person who had learned my name would know where it was, and an irregular guest wouldn't know my actual name.

I give her the location, she wanders off and I'm left there dumbfounded wondering how things just went down.

That is weird.

The random nametag reminds me of this former cashier that used to do the same thing except he just wrote joke names on the paper ones.

I hate it when people who have absolutely no clue about anything that goes on in a certain workcenter feel like they are qualified to tell you how to run it. Yeeeah, because of course YOU understand what the TMs in that area deal with on a daily basis. :thumbsdown:

I hate it when people call the store to put things on hold... it is not my job to do your shopping for you. I've started just saying we have a large quantity in stock, so I cannot put it on hold because of limited space available for holds.

I'm so tired of having to explain to guests that their doctors are idiots (or whoever in their office is sending the prescription electronically) who don't know how to write a prescription! You cannot give 11 refills on CIII or CIV meds so STOP giving them!!! Our guests get rather pissy when they find out after their 6th fill that they have to get a new script and they blame US! If you're going to prescribe a medication, you should KNOW what classification it has (and I'm not talking about newer stuff, I'm talking about "old school" stuff that's been around A LONG time that they should've learned in med school!)

I hate it when a guest comes to checkout and they put 1 item at a time on the belt waiting for me to scan it so they can check the price.

Or when they bring a cart load of items and just then decide on what to keep or not. Example, lady had a cart of jeans, she was looking at them one at a time deciding which ones to take, and the ones she didn't want them, she just started putting them everywhere on the checklanes.

Or ladies that pay with money that is stuffed in their bra. It's hot and you are sweaty. I don't want to touch that.

how about when the idiots who installed the shelving 12 years ago in the last remodel did not install it right and most recently placed too many batteries on hooks causing the peg board to fall when we were moving the asiles so the floor people can tear up the tile. But hey I got paid time and a half so what do I care?

I hate when people flex aisles I have just set less than a week ago. Drives me mad!

I hate it when a guest comes to checkout and they put 1 item at a time on the belt waiting for me to scan it so they can check the price.

Or when they bring a cart load of items and just then decide on what to keep or not. Example, lady had a cart of jeans, she was looking at them one at a time deciding which ones to take, and the ones she didn't want them, she just started putting them everywhere on the checklanes.

Or ladies that pay with money that is stuffed in their bra. It's hot and you are sweaty. I don't want to touch that.

You must live in a classy place! That is revolting and I see some gross ************ (PFresh).

Ugh, my little sister has been known to keep her cell phone there: it's a flip phone, so she clips it over her shirt right where her bra is. Don't get me wrong, I love the girl to death, but sometimes I find myself asking, "Really? We came from the same womb?" Lol.

That describes about 2/3 of the guests at my store. Well, except the bra thing. I had one lady do that, and the bills were quite damp. I soaked my hands with sanitizer after she walked away.

That describes about 2/3 of the guests at my store. Well, except the bra thing. I had one lady do that, and the bills were quite damp. I soaked my hands with sanitizer after she walked away.
Ugh. :/ I especially hate it when they, right in front of you, reach into their shirt/bra and remove the money.

Bad enough that 99.9% of the time it's damp/icky, but I'd rather not know for sure where it came from...

This isn't really a hate, but I can't say I like it either, so I'm just going to post it here...

I'm not fond of when a guest approaches me and refers to me by name. It just feels weird to have a stranger use my name when I don't know theirs, I know I'm wearing a name tag, but still...Maybe I'm odd lol

THIS! I hate when they say "Bye Ashley!" (not my real name:p)

I'm all like o_O Wait.... did...i ... know them?

That and it's creeeeepy.

"Hey Jessica how you doing today"
NO! I am just a Team Member to you! Don't use my name o_O

THIS! I hate when they say "Bye Ashley!" (not my real name:p)

I'm all like o_O Wait.... did...i ... know them?

That and it's creeeeepy.

"Hey Jessica how you doing today"
NO! I am just a Team Member to you! Don't use my name o_O

Fortunately, in the pharmacy, I almost always know the guest's name (unless someone else is picking up the prescription) but I have that happen at my husband's corporate events....he has people who work for him in offices all around the country and I might meet them once, maybe twice, a year. Plus, when I meet them, there's usually alcohol involved and there's NO WAY I can remember who is who :rolleyes: I feel like an idiot because they all say "Hi Mamak! How have you been? This is my husband/wife so-and-so...this is *boss's* wife MamaK" and all I can come up with is "Nice to meet you so-and-so. I've been well. How about yourself ???" I realize in "the business world", it's good practice to always call the person you're dealing with by name, but I'm HORRIBLE at remembering names :disappoint: I can't even remember our ETL's name and I see her almost every time I work :(

Last edited:
I hate it when people who have absolutely no clue about anything that goes on in a certain workcenter feel like they are qualified to tell you how to run it. Yeeeah, because of course YOU understand what the TMs in that area deal with on a daily basis. :thumbsdown:

^^ This :facepalm:

I hate it when I go into Target (no longer employed) and even Walmart on my lunch wearing my security pass lanyard, and people automatically think I work there. Does it look like I am wearing red and khaki. Do any other TMs wear lanyards.

Not really related to Target but some TMs do it. I hate it when people use baby words like anyways and ascared. It is anyway and scared we're not in 2nd grade anymore use the proper terms.

I hate it when guests complain about having to go get a drink at food ave. Yes because it's so much work:girl_blum:

I hate it when I get coached for showing up late because the schedule was changed AFTER I wrote mine down, I wasn't told, and I never looked again until I realized I was late:rtfm: It's a good thing I DID because I would have been an hour early today and expected to leave 2 1/2 hours earlier tomorrow...next week changed as well, but I was working when it was being changed so I was able to SEE the changes.

I hate it when I get coached for showing up late because the schedule was changed AFTER I wrote mine down, I wasn't told, and I never looked again until I realized I was late:rtfm: It's a good thing I DID because I would have been an hour early today and expected to leave 2 1/2 hours earlier tomorrow...next week changed as well, but I was working when it was being changed so I was able to SEE the changes.

Did they post it after the changes? If so, look in the lower r.h. corner. There should be a date & time stamp when it was printed out. You could point out that it was amended AFTER you copied your schedule as well as pointing out the discrepancies in print dates/times between that page & the others.

Did they post it after the changes? If so, look in the lower r.h. corner. There should be a date & time stamp when it was printed out. You could point out that it was amended AFTER you copied your schedule as well as pointing out the discrepancies in print dates/times between that page & the others.

I didn't think HR was allowed to alter the schedule that is posted after it is put up.(as in take it down and put a different one up) Even if they were aloud to I wouldn't be surprised if my HR manipulated the date to look like it was printed on the day the schedule is supposed to be put up. There have been multiple times when I knew the time I wrote down was correct and the schedule said diffierntly. (alhough I didn'r know about the date in the corner at the time.

I didn't think HR was allowed to alter the schedule that is posted after it is put up.(as in take it down and put a different one up) Even if they were aloud to I wouldn't be surprised if my HR manipulated the date to look like it was printed on the day the schedule is supposed to be put up. There have been multiple times when I knew the time I wrote down was correct and the schedule said differently. (although I didn't know about the date in the corner at the time.

At my store, HR does change schedules after they get posted, but as far as I know, they only change it for TMs who post or pick up shifts. It's usually safe to assume that a TM involved in a shift swap would be aware of the schedule change. And they always write on top that it has been updated and the date on which it was changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back