Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
City Targets, Alaska, and Hawaii stores are exempt from the price match guarantee

Of course, Alaska and Hawaii, the red headed step children of the US.
All chain retail stores feel they can screw over the folks that live in those states.

[video=youtube;qyVgDW7h0Fw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qyVgDW7h0Fw[/video]

I'd simply cry.. :( There's no way, anyone here, let alone probably 60-80% of americans could afford to shop or purchase anything.

Last edited:
I hate it when...

Guests clean out their cars and leave the trash in the nearest cart.

Guests leave car seat boxes, beer bottles, dirty diapers, used hypodermic needles, weekly ads, half-drunk ICEEs, or dead rodents in shopping carts.

Guests drive up next to me at 10:56 asking when we close.

Guests put shopping carts from other stores in our corrals, or leave our shopping carts at the opposite end of the shopping center.

Guests make a mess in the restroom, then simply don't tell anyone about the mess. They don't even need to say they did it; it's not like we have security cameras in there. The longer a mess goes unknown to the CA, the more guests are gonna see it.

Guests ask me if we sell beer. No, this is Pennsylvania, that's illegal. No, I don't know where the nearest liquor store is.

Guests leave carts next to, but not in, a cart corral. Really? You couldn't be bothered pushing it the extra two feet?

Guests ignore the stop signs in front of the doors.

Also, all the crying children. So much crying.

I hate it when...

Guests clean out their cars and leave the trash in the nearest cart.

Guests leave car seat boxes, beer bottles, dirty diapers, used hypodermic needles, weekly ads, half-drunk ICEEs, or dead rodents in shopping carts.

Guests drive up next to me at 10:56 asking when we close.

Guests put shopping carts from other stores in our corrals, or leave our shopping carts at the opposite end of the shopping center.

Guests make a mess in the restroom, then simply don't tell anyone about the mess. They don't even need to say they did it; it's not like we have security cameras in there. The longer a mess goes unknown to the CA, the more guests are gonna see it.

Guests ask me if we sell beer. No, this is Pennsylvania, that's illegal. No, I don't know where the nearest liquor store is.

Guests leave carts next to, but not in, a cart corral. Really? You couldn't be bothered pushing it the extra two feet?

Guests ignore the stop signs in front of the doors.

Also, all the crying children. So much crying.

Also, to add to yours:

Guests leave carts in front of the door instead of putting them back where they go.

Guests leave carts at the end of the check lanes (seriously, I had a guest get SUPER pissed off at a guy who took his 6 bags of groceries out of his cart and just left it in front of the card reader, but I did get a thank you from the woman behind him for moving it out of her way).

Guests who leave carts in Food Ave.

Guests who stand there, stare at you to make sure you 'aren't looking' (I ain't f**king stupid, I know what you are doing) and leave the cart and/or throw trash in it.

Guests who leave cartons of eggs in the basket, then put them back at the front of the cart rows (our CA was SUPER pissed because of this one night; spent a good half hour trying to clean all the smashed egg up).

Guests who push their empty carts into other peoples cars (seen it happen).

Guests who let their 'precious angels' run around like the demon Hell spawn they are with carts and run into shelves, people, just everything.

Guests who let their 'precious angels' run around like the demon Hell spawn they are with carts and run into shelves, people, just everything.

Bonus points if the kids are screaming at the top of their lungs at the same time. Ugh. There were four kids and three adults. Of course none of the adults could be bothered to watch the kids.

Bonus points if the kids are screaming at the top of their lungs at the same time. Ugh. There were four kids and three adults. Of course none of the adults could be bothered to watch the kids.

Of course they don't! What the hell does Target pay us for except to watch a bunch of hell-raising heathens!? :angry:

We get paid too much anyways, right???

OMG! I can't wait for the kids to go back to school! Today there was this family, kids yelling at top of their lungs, jumping in the cribs, using the sl racks as monkey bars while their mother completely ignored them....

Since this thread had been revived....

List of hates:

Women who disappear into the fitting room, or around the checklane, or to the restroom, or wherever, and leave their purse, wallet, and keys ( and, as before mentioned, the kids... ). Guess I've got "an honest face" ( you better hope I do, ladies! ). That said, I hope you don't think I'm going to jumps in if someone tries to snatch your purse, other than by calling AP...

The guys who keep going through my checklane to buy condoms and insist on staring at me the whole time. Really? REALLY?
'Cuz that's not odd, or weird, or creepy, or off-putting, or any number of other things...I mean, congratulations and all, and have a good weekend and uh, I hope the product is relaible and all, but....that's all I got for ya...

Ah, the old fave: The people who insist upon reading the name tag and calling you by the name on that name tag. except. that...

They almost unfailingly pronounce it in a way in which it was not meant to be.

( That's a nice way to say people mispronounce my name. I have had to resort to saying that my mother wasn't very good with languages, just to avoid offending the very people who insist upon mispronouncing my name... )

( Seriously, people-"Shoppi" would suffice )

Women who disappear into the fitting room, or around the checklane, or to the restroom, or wherever, and leave their purse, wallet, and keys ( and, as before mentioned, the kids... ). Guess I've got "an honest face" ( you better hope I do, ladies! ). That said, I hope you don't think I'm going to jumps in if someone tries to snatch your purse, other than by calling AP...
I had a guest ask me if she could leave her cart outside the bathroom....she had already paid for everything and I guess couldn't be bothered to take her 1 BAG (that looked like it had MAYBE 3 items in it) in with her. When I said "Yes, it should be fine there" and kept walking, she came out of the hallway and asked "Aren't you going to stay here and watch it?!?!?!?!" like I have nothing better to do than stand there and watch your friggin bag! When I said "Sorry, I have to get back to work", she then asked "Well, what do you expect me to DO with it?" The look on her face when I said "Ummm....take it in there WITH you" was priceless!!!

I hate it when I am in my full red&khaki glory WITH my nametag clearly visible, and a guest asks me, "do you work here?" Is this a real question? Do these people really believe that there is a chance that I am in a Target store with a Target logo on both my shirt AND clearly visible nametag just hanging out? YES, GENIUS, I FUCKING WORK HERE! "Can I help you find something?"

That or when you're cashing: "Are you open?" when your light is on and you're standing there waiting for them to unload their cart.

At least they're not the one's piling in your lane when you're backing up and you've just turned your light off to try and get back to the zone (which is probably hopelessly behind at that point). That is what I hate.

That or when you're cashing: "Are you open?" when your light is on and you're standing there waiting for them to unload their cart.

At least they're not the one's piling in your lane when you're backing up and you've just turned your light off to try and get back to the zone (which is probably hopelessly behind at that point). That is what I hate.

Blame your gstl on that one... Lack of speedweaving

I hate it when I am in my full red&khaki glory WITH my nametag clearly visible, and a guest asks me, "do you work here?" Is this a real question? Do these people really believe that there is a chance that I am in a Target store with a Target logo on both my shirt AND clearly visible nametag just hanging out? YES, GENIUS, I FUCKING WORK HERE! "Can I help you find something?"

I'd love for them to try that on Halloween. I could just say, "No, it's just a Halloween costume" if they really irritate me.

I hate it when a guest ties up my lane for what seems like forever writing a check. Even if your not going to get a redcard, atleast get a bank debit card to keep the line movig.

I hate when parents let their spawn run amok in the store and said spawn destroys several aisles because they find it amusing. My mother would have had my head.

I hate it when I need a DPCI while cashiering and the GSTL isn't no where to be found.

I think Target should get more walkies and give one to every cashier, that way if we need an item or a dpci we can just ask for it from someone on the sales floor instead of trying to locate our GSTL and stalling the line

AHHH! This! I swear, I have this problem at least two times every day! No one ever comes when I press the help button, and I feel like a frantic idiot trying to flag down anyone that might happen to be walking by...This is seriously one of my biggest problems at Target.

This seems to be happening more and more often lately:
I hate it when a guest comes with a lot of items, sees you bagging them and setting them all on the counter--and just STANDS there watching you, not putting anything back into their cart!

Today, I had a lady come to my register with three kids and a cart FILLED with things. I ran out of room eventually, and she was still putting things on the belt. I didn't want to be rude, but I had to say something, so I gently said, "Um, ma'am, I have nowhere else to put your items...would you like another cart?"

And she said, "No, that's okay."

I just wanted to put her bags on the floor, seriously; but of course, I didn't do that. When I stopped ringing her up and suspended her transaction, she got the message and started putting her stuff in her cart quickly.

I hate it when a guest ties up my lane for what seems like forever writing a check. Even if your not going to get a redcard, atleast get a bank debit card to keep the line movig.

Even before the debit card was available fi I was paying by check I would have it 3/4 written out before I got in line so all I had to do was put in the amount.

You are complaining about check writing? seriously? Arguing over prices, coupons, which items to give back due to insufficient cash, etc. waste far more time. Moreover, card declines cause no less trouble than check declines.

I think many who have used plastic all their lives are phobic of checks and miscount the time involved as a result. That is the only possible explanation for the derision of check writing.

Wow, Target sucks.. maybe just my store, i work all different parts of my store, my best stories are when i was cart attendant and backroom tm. CA i parked my machine and this lady backed her car into it!!! Then she got out... omg.. SHe STaRTeD YeLLiNG aT Me!!! Hahahaha!!!! Okay, you werent in the car when i parked it, so you must have walked passed my machine to get in haha!

As a backroom tm, its a 25 foot walk to the restroom from the recieving doors, backroom isnt really supposed to deal with guests at my store but im more than capable of doing so. and in 25 feet to the bathroom, i get stopped 3 times.. 3!!!! About the 3rd guest i just about had it haha, they were looking for a clear tub, first thing that came to my mind was
"look lady, you need help finding this little plastic box, I GoTTa TaKe a DuMP!" Hahah geez!!! And do i get noticed for my good deeds?! Nope, thanks Boss!!

Wow, Target sucks.. maybe just my store, i work all different parts of my store, my best stories are when i was cart attendant and backroom tm. CA i parked my machine and this lady backed her car into it!!! Then she got out... omg.. SHe STaRTeD YeLLiNG aT Me!!! Hahahaha!!!! Okay, you werent in the car when i parked it, so you must have walked passed my machine to get in haha!

As a backroom tm, its a 25 foot walk to the restroom from the recieving doors, backroom isnt really supposed to deal with guests at my store but im more than capable of doing so. and in 25 feet to the bathroom, i get stopped 3 times.. 3!!!! About the 3rd guest i just about had it haha, they were looking for a clear tub, first thing that came to my mind was
"look lady, you need help finding this little plastic box, I GoTTa TaKe a DuMP!" Hahah geez!!! And do i get noticed for my good deeds?! Nope, thanks Boss!!

When I worked at spot that kind of crap annoyed me more than my ETL's/TL's trying to reach me on the walkie when I am in the middle of 'doing the deed'

That pun above may or may not have been intended.

I hate it when guests make you look like the evil worker just to try to get their kids to calm down.. "otherwise this worker here will take you away"

Or when a guest thinks they can use you as their personal price scanner. One time this lady shopping at toys had me follow her around with my PDA scanning clearance toys to make sure the marked price was right. then her daughter says "mom, let the guy go he has stuff to do" and she replies with " thats why he gets paid for, this is his job.. help people shop and find stuff" ugh she sounded so arrogant not to mention she reeked like cigar.

I hate it when guests make you look like the evil worker just to try to get their kids to calm down.. "otherwise this worker here will take you away"

Or when a guest thinks they can use you as their personal price scanner. One time this lady shopping at toys had me follow her around with my PDA scanning clearance toys to make sure the marked price was right. then her daughter says "mom, let the guy go he has stuff to do" and she replies with " thats why he gets paid for, this is his job.. help people shop and find stuff" ugh she sounded so arrogant not to mention she reeked like cigar.

And they're ALWAYS right next to a price scanner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back