Archived I hate it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hate it when I'm in an aisle all by myself. No one to my left. No one on the right. The coast is CLEAR. I let one rip. ALL OF A SUDDEN OUT OF NOWHERE, "excuse me can you help me?" Damn lady you couldn't need me 30 seconds ago BEFORE I just farted?

I hate it when guests ask for the most obscure item they could possibly think of. Then I feel like a jerk when I have no idea what they're talking about or what section it might possibly be in.

I hate it when it has me pull a bunch of an item when there's only room for one more.

I hate it when the location and price tag do not match.

I hate it when co-workers gossip about one another. We are all in this hell hole together, fake being nice and keep your opinions to yourself.

I hate it when the ETL watches over the lanes making sure everyone keeps pestering guests about red cards. How about you get a red card yourself.

I hate it when we have backup cashier calls every 10 minutes. SCHEDULE SOME MORE PEOPLE YOU IDIOTS!

I hate it when I realize I can't blame the people at my store for the crappy way this corporation is run. I wish an executive would randomly show up at the store asking questions so I could give him/her a piece of my mind. Then when I find myself at a different yet equally crappy job I can at least hold on to that moment. Target CEO made 19 million last year. Don't ever forget that.

I hate it when a guest ties up my lane for what seems like forever writing a check. Even if your not going to get a redcard, atleast get a bank debit card to keep the line movig.

You are complaining about check writing? seriously? Arguing over prices, coupons, which items to give back due to insufficient cash, etc. waste far more time. Moreover, card declines cause no less trouble than check declines.

I think many who have used plastic all their lives are phobic of checks and miscount the time involved as a result. That is the only possible explanation for the derision of check writing.

It's a little frustrating when it's on a Saturday, with all checklanes open and there are still lines, and someone decides to write a check.

I hate it when a guest ties up my lane for what seems like forever writing a check. Even if your not going to get a redcard, atleast get a bank debit card to keep the line movig.

You are complaining about check writing? seriously? Arguing over prices, coupons, which items to give back due to insufficient cash, etc. waste far more time. Moreover, card declines cause no less trouble than check declines.

I think many who have used plastic all their lives are phobic of checks and miscount the time involved as a result. That is the only possible explanation for the derision of check writing.
I don't mind when they write a check, but when they sit there and balance the checkbook and take FOREVER is when I start getting a bit pissy. We have one guest who comes to the pharmacy who will write the check, dig in her purse (which is the size of a beach tote) for a calculator, then proceed to subtract the check out, even if there are 5 people standing in line behind her. I understand wanting to do it right away so you don't forget, but at least step aside so I can help the people BEHIND you!!!

"but it says online you have it." And here is my reaction to that:

nby.gif

I think I have a legitimate complaint here.

Yeah, I work at a liquor store.

Vodka, whiskey, scotch, bouron, wine, ect?

But when the door entry to the store is right next to the wall full of nothing but VODKA?
(it takes a special kind of stupid to not notice this. i mean, come on, for real?)

and you walk up to me, when i'm at the opposite end of the store sorting out wine to make the wine consultant's job easier?

and you ask me where the vodka is?

I wish aggrivated assault was legal.

p.s: if i'm taking out trash out the back door, don't ask if you can walk in through that. i'm honestly going to just stare at you, or state a mind boggling number of safety issues "oh wait, it's quicker for me to get my happy juice!!!" yeah i'm not going to risk my job just so you can get plastered quicker. i love to drink myself, i'm not that stupid. and if you actually try this, i can bolt a hundred meter dash quicker than you, and i weigh almost 300 pounds. the distance from the dumpster is half that. and you wouldn't try to pull this shit on someone who's a foot taller than you, huh?

Last edited:

nby.gif

I hate when they come up to me saying this and I look on my target app and it clearly says "online only" like really? Do you need glasses or something?

At that point I just give them this LOOK.

"This is online only."
"If it was in the store, where would it be?"
"It would be on the clearance rack where we put all the online-only returns, but I will guarantee you with 100% certainty that we do not have that in the store."

I hate it when a guest comes to checkout and they put 1 item at a time on the belt waiting for me to scan it so they can check the price.

Or when they bring a cart load of items and just then decide on what to keep or not. Example, lady had a cart of jeans, she was looking at them one at a time deciding which ones to take, and the ones she didn't want them, she just started putting them everywhere on the checklanes.

Or ladies that pay with money that is stuffed in their bra. It's hot and you are sweaty. I don't want to touch that.

You must live in a classy place! That is revolting and I see some gross ************ (PFresh).

I used to work at a store that was frequented with the lower end of society. Seeing this was an almost expected occurance on a cashing shift.

I hate walking thru the lot & seeing carts clustered AROUND but not INSIDE the cart returns.

One of these days I will re-arrange them around a car and see how the guest feels about being boxed in .. Muahahahhaha :big_boss:

I so wanted to do that to one of the bitchy ETL interns but I got fired before i had the chance lol

I hate it when...they put items on sale that have no sales floor locations (and won't be on a planogram for at least a month).

IHIW people think poor planning on THEIR part constitutes an emergency on MY part....don't call us for a refill 10 minutes before you need to leave, especially if it needs an insurance override or if you're out of refills. 3 people pulled that on us today, 1 was leaving in 20 minutes and needed 4 transfers, 1 was leaving tomorrow out of the country for 2 1/2 months & needed an insurance override, & 1 was "supposedly" going "out of the country" tomorrow for 3 months and was out of refills. The last one was a REAL joy to deal with because after we got the okay from the doctor, we then had to try and get 2 overrides from the insurance: 1 for early refills because she just got them filled 2 weeks ago & 1 for 3 months instead of 1, both of which were denied. Of course, it was OUR fault the insurance wouldn't give her the overrides (they were denied because she's only allowed 1 override per med per year and she's already USED them this year....in MARCH, when she "supposedly" was "going out of the country for 3 months":rolleyes:)

I hate it when my planogram team sets an aisle in the PDA but doesn't actually go and put the new labels up. (travel items in luggage, board games)

I hate it when I'm pushing in market, see second location in PDA but, it is no where to be found OR after I'm done working and shopping the store I see cereal or maybe coffee up front, but never tied. Happens all the time . That's why challenge is called challenge

nby.gif

There was a guest the other day who called asking if we had any frozen character dolls. We checked, didnt have any. She calls back later in the day and says "I know you guys have some, it says online you do" So she made us check again to make sure. If she really thinks we have one, she should get into her car, and drive up to the store to look for herself lol

Those are the type you wish you could turn loose in the store & say "You find one, it's yours!"
Let them go on a day-long scavenger hunt through every aisle.

nby.gif

There was a guest the other day who called asking if we had any frozen character dolls. We checked, didnt have any. She calls back later in the day and says "I know you guys have some, it says online you do" So she made us check again to make sure. If she really thinks we have one, she should get into her car, and drive up to the store to look for herself lol

Tell her you think they weren't stocked in the freezer and they must have melted!!

I hate it when guest give me (overnighter) an attitude because they couldn't find help sooner (all closing salefloor are backup cashiering)... although I've overheard closing salesfloor trying to help guests and not being very good cuz they don't know where anything is (because they cashir more then work floor).. so I'm the best option for help and I don't mind not having to throw truck

1. I hate it when guests with infants leave dirty diapers OPEN facing UP in the restroom garbage cans.

2. Women who flush (unsuccessfully) flush tampons or pads down the toilet.

3. Guests complain that the doors to the mall (yes, I'm in a store attached to a mall) are closed and locked when the mall isn't open.

4. Guests leave popcorn bags/beverages on shelves right near the mini-assistance centers with trash cans.

5. The 2 beggars who are ALWAYS thrown out by AP, yet continue to beg outside of the store.

6. The teenagers on Friday nights, including...
-The use of bean bag chairs and the furniture focals as a social space/makeout area (if you want to sit, use the food court in the mall or Food Ave)
-The 'testing' of skateboards and bikes
-The 'testing' of the balls from the bin
-The 'testing' of the blu-tooth speakers
-The teenagers smoking outside of our doors (even though we constantly remove them)
-Teenagers coming back into the store after we kick them out
-Teenagers' parents coming to store to complain about us kicking their 'precious angel' out
(I could go on, but that could fill a book)
-Teenagers who have discovered where the switches to the auto doors are and the location of the TM doorbell

7. The 2 cashiers who constantly leave their lanes, yet leave their light on, not hurrying back to their lane when a guest approaches... For some reason, even though the hanger bin is just steps away from the lanes, it takes them 10 MINUTES to dump hangers!

8. The people who block the vestibule, entry way, exits, or hallway to the restroom to talk

8. The people who go down the office corridor to find the bathroom then getting mad when I inform them it is on the OTHER side of the doors

10. Guests who complain on the survey about us not having Starbucks, Super T, P Fresh, etc and the ETL-GE still complaining about guest service (obviously, it's not a guest service issue... but one that is out of our hands!)

11. The woman who asked me if open a box of Kotex because it was "an emergency" and got mad when I directed her to the tampon machine in the restroom

12. The operator with the most annoying voice getting on to inform TM's she is going offstage, to the restroom, to her car, or to hear herself talk

13. The "but at Walmart....."

14. The "but at Meijer...."

15. The "but at the other Target...."

16. The guests who approach the service desk and ask where something is without even attempting to find it themselves or even looking

17. The guests who approach a cashier, at a frontlane, for assistance on the floor, product advice, etc (excuse me, could you help me in electronics)

18. The guests who come up to the service desk and DEMAND service and complain about the lack of a team in an particular area (usually, electronics)... We have 5 Indymes in electronics and several Redphones between the SDesk and there... You couldn't use one of those?

19. The "gift registry paper jam" error message not clearing OR clearing and rejamming 2 seconds later despite the fact I basically tore the thing apart and found no jam

20. The ETL who says, "Okay, have we got any RedCards yet?" At 8:30... After 1 guest...

21. The "the AD says you have bananas, where are the bananas?" "Oh you don't have bananas? That is false advertising!"

Except for the mall references, I'd have thought you were at my store.....

Add these to my list above...

22. The ETL who think they are hot shots because they have a higher conversion score then the cashiers... Umm, you only have 4 transaction. Come gloat to the cashiers when you have 150+ transactions per week.

23. The Vibe cards that basically say "Hey, thanks for showing up"

24. When you have a question to ETL-HR and before you even finish "sorry, you'll have to call TMSC"

25. That dreaded, 'the DTL just left the ___ store... Let's get in shipshape just in case she shows up here!"

26. Guests that attempt to tell how to operate the cash register, PDA, or tell you do your job in ANY fasion

27. Guests that are too fimilair with the policies that tell how to override declined coupons and refunds

28. bounty hunters (I'm in a Michigan store... if a product rings up wrong and the guest catches it after the transaction the guest gets the difference plus a $5 bonus. These people will purposely shop for items with expired signing, take a picture of it, buy it, then turn after and demand the bonus, then refund the items... When they come in, they can get a pretty penny for. And yes, it is legal)

29. Cashiers that argue with you in front a guest because you allow them to "Be Bold"

30. That person who takes frequent restroom breaks... You know they are texting.

31. The "David Copperfield" team member. You see them clock them, you see them in the breakroom, but disappear for the rest of their shift... But magically reappear at the end of the shift.

32. Calling any Target-owned call center and dealing with language barrier.. Oh yes, I understand the problem you are having with the NCR register... Umm, have you even seen on these things?

33. Any team member that appears on Red360 or Red magazine.. Wonder how sucking up they had to do to get in there

34. The guests who call and have something held, pick up the held item, and then shop anyways

35. The "I'm in a hurry because I'm an important person and get to line jump" guest

36. The "Can I checkout here?" guest at the service desk (non-IGS stores)

37. The guest who is in the electronics department and asks where the clothing is....

38. People using the scooters who clearly don't need them

39. That guest who is back at of a line and thinks they get first dibs when another line opens up

40. Guests who still use traveler's cheques

[...]
-The teenagers smoking outside of our doors (even though we constantly remove them)

If they're underage, call the police. But don't let the little bastards know - it'll be a nice little surprise.

28. bounty hunters (I'm in a Michigan store... if a product rings up wrong and the guest catches it after the transaction the guest gets the difference plus a $5 bonus. These people will purposely shop for items with expired signing, take a picture of it, buy it, then turn after and demand the bonus, then refund the items... When they come in, they can get a pretty penny for. And yes, it is legal)

We have those in New York too. I can't fucking stand Super-Refund guests.

And they're the ones who get nasty with you when there aren't any available.

[...]

If they're underage, call the police. But don't let the little bastards know - it'll be a nice little surprise.

Luckily, the sheriff's department patrols the mall on Friday nights... I think a couple have gotten ticketed, but they really don't care.

It's especially funny when the K9 unit is there... They have gotten a couple drug busts on Friday nights at the mall.

We have those in New York too. I can't fucking stand Super-Refund guests.

And they're the ones who get nasty with you when there aren't any available.[/QUOTE]

Pretty Much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back