Archived I like it when...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I like it when GSA's help me cover Food Avenues break on Saturdays and Sundays. (Busy days)... I really hope a certain one gets a GSTL position in the future

I like it when new TMs aren't sure about something and ask questions. Questions are a big plus in my book & makes a good impression.

I just started working the day shift at Target in November and when I have trouble pushing softlines, especially infants I'm always asking the people over there! I think they like that I ask questions also.

I just started working the day shift at Target in November and when I have trouble pushing softlines, especially infants I'm always asking the people over there! I think they like that I ask questions also.

I know in our store most of the pushers just dump softlines at the fitting room for us to push so when we have somebody pushing it and asking questions we are overjoyed!!

I would rather answer questions than try and go behind a bumbler.

ILIW we get new team members who are really excited to be working!!

I also like it when team members say thank you. (and please)

I like it when...

... I help a guest and she or he is super appreciative and just can't stop thanking me. It makes me wonder what kind of crappy service they've had to suffer through.
... my store gets guest comments about how terrible another store is, because I know that we get it done and the next closest stores can't even compare.
... guests don't feel entitled to my utmost devotion and they treat me like a human being.
... I'm helping a guest who is not rude, just incredibly foul-mouthed. I don't get to act this way in front of guests, so I live vicariously through that guest.
... I'm working with my favorite ETL.
... the TLs who are new to my work center finally settle down, realize they're not going to revolutionize the world of retail, and really start to work with the team instead of just telling us how they want it.
... all my favorite coworkers are there that day.

I had a guest today grab the wrong swiffer starter pack or something or other - I offered for a TM to bring up the correct one and she says:

"No they'll take too long, I'ma go grab it myself!!!" in a 'sassy attitude' cause it was somehow my fault she grabbed the wrong one

She then did a 180 degree spin, tripped on her flipflop, and fell flat on her face

I had to hold back tears:huh:

I like it when things like these keep me going till I clock out

I had a guest today grab the wrong swiffer starter pack or something or other - I offered for a TM to bring up the correct one and she says:

"No they'll take too long, I'ma go grab it myself!!!" in a 'sassy attitude' cause it was somehow my fault she grabbed the wrong one

She then did a 180 degree spin, tripped on her flipflop, and fell flat on her face

I had to hold back tears:huh:

I like it when things like these keep me going till I clock out

It's the little things.

In response to the guest surveys, Our store once had a survey that said that they were amazed because it wasn't walmart.

ILIW:

-A guest comes up to GS with a complicated return, says "I know this is complicated!" and then says "Okay, that's fine, thanks for trying" when you tell them you can't give a full refund.
-The guest sorts their order into non-food, refrigerated and non-refrigerated on the belt
-I'm able to be the hero and call another store to put the kid's toy on hold so the guest can just go in and pick it up at GS.
-Kids say please and thank you
-I'm with a guest and call on the walkie "Hey team, where would I find farfignugens?" and immediately get a response with an aisle number.
-I call for backup on the front lanes and immediately three people respond
-There are healthy snacks in the breakroom instead of either nothing or cake

ILIW the guests are so grateful for the AC in the store, that they don't mind having to wait in line at the Service Desk and are in relieved/good moods when I help them. LOL

I like it when I'm covering for the operator and guests put their clothes back on the rack after trying them on.

I like it when, on the day that I'm spending almost my entire shift pushing BTS, guests are friendly and patient. Even if there was a lot of ranting from both sides about how specific the supply lists are, it could've been a lot worse (fast-forward to August).

-I'm able to be the hero and call another store to put the kid's toy on hold so the guest can just go in and pick it up at GS.

Oh god I have an amazing story about this. So toys is resetting and very little of anything is in stock. Some guest asked for the Frozen Barbies and maybe I was in a good mood that day, I don't know, because usually if it's Frozen related I'll pretend to look and say no, because they are literally never in stock. So I found Anna, took it to guest services, and went back to pushing bedding. Someone out of all the luck in the world, I found Elsa in kid's bedding. Kid was overjoyed.

Especially when it's dinner time, but you only get a 15 and don't have time to wait in line at the lanes to buy food.

I can go to either a register far from guests, photo lab, guest services, electronics, Food Ave, or Starbucks and get rung out quickly. Hell, softlines TMs will ring me up in jewelry.

Moral of the story: Ring other TMs up if they ask and they'll do the same

I like it when, a guest tells me about a wet spill & is willingness to clean it up. I told her no, I will clean it up for you. She helped me any way. That action had made my day. :)

Last edited:
I like it when parents with kids come through my line and the kids are well-behaved and friendly. I just lap up the "Yes Ma'am" and "thank you ma'am" talk like honey. Bonus points if the kiddo says something hilarious and adorable.
I absolutely LOVE it when a mom & kids are leaving a table; she tells them to take their trash & wipes down the table before they go. No muss, no fuss.
My fav kinds of peeps. :D

I like it when I get a few consecutive days off without my hours being affected. I'm off tomorrow through Wednesday, and I'm working longer shifts during the weekend to make up for it.

... a guest lets the STL know what a valuable, helpful tm you are.

See, with me they usually tell my peers how great I am. Telling another GSA how great I am for example, well, not very helpful :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back