Archived I Missed my Orientation. How bad is that?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was scheduled for orientation earlier today and I showed up late without the proper documentation. They told me to go home and that they would let me know when they would be doing another one (likely next week, maybe this saturday).

How likely is it that my job offer will be rescinded? I'm a seasonal logistics team member, and I'm very aware that this isn't a great first impression. If my offer is rescinded, will they let me know immediately? Should I call and try to smooth things over?

Thanks!

Even us ETLs know sometimes shit happens. But the right thing to do is call your hiring manager and apologize for the situation. Worse comes to worst they rescind. Jobs like this are a dime a dozen. Don't let it get you down. Judging by your post, you seem to be someone who's quick to recognize and learn from their mistakes. I think you'll be fine.

Last edited:
Something like this actually happened to me. Got the times mixed up, and HR was totally understanding of what happened. I apologized so bad and explained my confusion. They just had me basically do the orientation with some HRTMs and by myself (to do the 'Be the Guest' activity)

tbh if you can go in and figure out a solution i probably would

Go in person, you may be SOL but they may show you some grace. Believe it or not I forgot my social security card when I was hired as an HRTM. They had me do the orientation and bring my card the same day.

You showed up, my biggest problem is seasonals we job offer then they get another job and never tell us they don't want the job anymore

As a HRTM I would not hire you. My ETLHR would.

Exception: you are under 18 and/or this is your first ever job. Lateness would also be forgiven if there were icy roads or the buses weren't running due to weather.
I’m confuse why would hr make the hiring ? Or even etlhr? If he applied at my store as logistics tm. It would be my choice as a Logistics tl and my ETL-Log job to decide if we hire him or not. There is no way we let any other TL’s (19 of them at my store) make our hiring . They don’t get to work with them so is not up to hr or etlhr or salesfloor TL’s.

Go in person, you may be SOL but they may show you some grace. Believe it or not I forgot my social security card when I was hired as an HRTM. They had me do the orientation and bring my card the same day.

You showed up, my biggest problem is seasonals we job offer then they get another job and never tell us they don't want the job anymore

So I called a few times and tried to apologize. They basically just told me to wait until the next orientation. Do you think I should still go in?

Didn't you go in when you realized you forgot paperwork & missed orientation? Didn't you talk to hr?

Spot might not hired you. Apply elsewhere.

I’m confuse why would hr make the hiring ? Or even etlhr? If he applied at my store as logistics tm. It would be my choice as a Logistics tl and my ETL-Log job to decide if we hire him or not. There is no way we let any other TL’s (19 of them at my store) make our hiring . They don’t get to work with them so is not up to hr or etlhr or salesfloor TL’s.
There are only 10 tls in my superT and only 5 etls. Anyone can offer aa job for any work center.

Even us ETLs know sometimes shit happens. But the right thing to do is call your hiring manager and apologize for the situation. Worse comes to worst they rescind. Jobs like this are a dime a dozen. Don't let it get you down. Judging by your post, you seem to be someone who's quick to recognize and learn from their mistakes. I think you'll be fine.
Judging by your post, you seem to be a poor judge of character, to judge someone’s character by just a few words.

Late on orientation ?? Nah nope naught nothing here for you. Go home apply elsewhere.

d09daf24c3b10e997e7b8198988bd39de0ef675fdf0ee0572e81b7259b3fda16

Last edited:
Judging by your post, you seem to be a poor judge of character, to judge someone’s character by just a few words.

And you've never made a mistake or run late before? Give me a break. Some of you guys need to get off your high horse and get a grip. These are mostly entry level jobs. They're not FBI Special Agent roles you're filling. Don't be the reason for the attrition. Believe it or not, it's possible even for our best team members to run late, rush, and forget their paperwork at home.

And you've never made a mistake or run late before? Give me a break. Some of you guys need to get off your high horse and get a grip. These are mostly entry level jobs. They're not FBI Special Agent roles you're filling. Don't be the reason for the attrition. Believe it or not, it's possible even for our best team members to run late, rush, and forget their paperwork at home.
Ok.

If you wanted the job you should have shown up on time. Now it’s harder for everyone including your self.

I totally agree with this. Yes, HR makes the actual offer, but the decision to offer or turndown should be on the hiring manager (TL/ETL interviewing...who should also be the person the TM is going to be working for). I always had my team give input if the candidate was rude in person or on the phone, running late, anything else that seemed off, but it's up to the manager to decide if they want them on their team. There were only a couple of times that I overruled someone.

During seasonal hiring though it takes a lot of good communication between leaders since someone else might help out with interviews due to the volume. But whoever is interviewing your candidate should know what you are looking for.

I meant if it was up to me or up to my etlhr. Basically saying that there is no way of knowing unless they speak to their hiring manager.

Also ASANTS. In my store my ETLHR does the interviewing and hiring.

You’re speaking technicalities. We all choose who to hire and not to hire based off the interviews we give. Then the hrtm goes over the job offer and paperwork briefly on the applicants way out after their last interview.
Oh, ok thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back