Archived Incorrect pay for a year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, for some of the people replying later in this thread, my HR rep told me today they went back and gave me the increase starting in January 2015 until present. I started working late September 2014 so there is still missing pay from October, November and December.

Would this happen if there was organization?
It's still possible. I had an issue with my union job at one point, where I was accidentally termed when I was on LOA. They fixed it right away when I came back, but I noticed like a year later looking at my paystubs that they had lowered my pay by 50 cents when I came back.

I talked it over with the store manager, who discussed it with corporate HR and was told I could not get back pay, but I would be given a 50 cent raise immediately. Although the raise reset the clock on how long until my next one (we get raises every 1,040 hours worked). So it wasn't that great of a deal for me even though the job was protected by a union contract.

The only thing that might make a difference is if you bring a union rep into the situation and then you can pretty much kiss goodbye any chance of moving up into management.

Thanks. I'm not worried about anyone breaking any rules. I'm sure it was just an oversight. It's quite annoying, but here's hoping it will be an easy fix when I finally get to talk to HR... but that isn't until Saturday. :(

I just checked my hours again from September 6 through October 3 and 84% of my hours were in Electronics. Not to mention a couple of those shifts were listed as "Sales Floor" but I was in electronics the entire time (like for the Star Wars event day) or when I filled in for people who didn't show up, covering breaks/lunches, etc.
If you fill an elect call in but you were scheduled Hardlines, make sure you change your workcenter. Even if they move you an hour after clocking in, you can clock in again and key in elect workcenter.

If you fill an elect call in but you were scheduled Hardlines, make sure you change your workcenter. Even if they move you an hour after clocking in, you can clock in again and key in elect workcenter.

Don't you get paid the higher hourly rate regardless of where you work once you hit said level??

I would like to report that I did indeed get the raise on the most recent paycheck. I was retro paid for every hour I worked starting with the first day I worked in January through September and now currently I am getting the correct amount! It was a nice, big check I got this past week.

I sent another message to HR about getting paid for the hour in September-December 2014 but I'm not sure anything will come of that... but I guess better than nothing

Don't you get paid the higher hourly rate regardless of where you work once you hit said level??

If you haven't earned the higher rate yet, you have to have more than half your hours in electronics to GET the higher pay. If you're scheduled in Hardlines but get pulled to work electronics, you need to change your punch. Otherwise when you go to them and ask for more pay, they will look at your hours worked and see the shifts were in Hardlines.
Hope that makes sense.

If you haven't earned the higher rate yet, you have to have more than half your hours in electronics to GET the higher pay. If you're scheduled in Hardlines but get pulled to work electronics, you need to change your punch. Otherwise when you go to them and ask for more pay, they will look at your hours worked and see the shifts were in Hardlines.
Hope that makes sense.

I am getting the higher pay. It went into effect on September 19 and was corrected starting with January 4th.

I'm wondering now about the hours I worked in 2014, when I started. My first shift was in late September 2014. I wanted to know if I will get paid for the October, November, and December 2014 shifts I worked in electronics.

I am getting the higher pay. It went into effect on September 19 and was corrected starting with January 4th.

I'm wondering now about the hours I worked in 2014, when I started. My first shift was in late September 2014. I wanted to know if I will get paid for the October, November, and December 2014 shifts I worked in electronics.
I was answering the other persons question when I posted this.

How am I going to prove it? I asked HR, they told me it wasn't really possible.

If you are scheduled to work in Electronics, do you not get the pay if 50%+ of your hours are not in electronics? I thought if you were scheduled by Target in a work center that was higher than your pay, even once, you automatically got the pay from that point forward. Is that correct or incorrect?

How am I going to prove it? I asked HR, they told me it wasn't really possible.

If you are scheduled to work in Electronics, do you not get the pay if 50%+ of your hours are not in electronics? I thought if you were scheduled by Target in a work center that was higher than your pay, even once, you automatically got the pay from that point forward. Is that correct or incorrect?

They could use the same logic to demote you a paygrade each time that you work less than 50% of your hours in the higher paygrade.

You've been very lucky that they did give you 9+ months of backpay. They could've just given you the raise. Or not given the raise at all, actually. Should they give you the backpay for Oct/Nov/Dec? Probably. Will they? I doubt it.

the tl who did review should of mention something about working in electronics. Was any there comments on your review about working in electronics.?

I don't remember. The TL who was there left before the review. So 1 TL wrote the review and then another gave it to me. Also, I was never informed electronics got any higher pay so I would still have no idea either way.

I don't remember. The TL who was there left before the review. So 1 TL wrote the review and then another gave it to me. Also, I was never informed electronics got any higher pay so I would still have no idea either way.
It suggested to keep copies of annual reviews because spot likes to mess with folks. I would look for it & find out what it says. You were aware of being in electronics, because you were scheduled in electronics.

It suggested to keep copies of annual reviews because spot likes to mess with folks. I would look for it & find out what it says. You were aware of being in electronics, because you were scheduled in electronics.
Again, I did not know it got a higher pay. That is not a common knowledge for someone to just know and expect.

Anyways, HR told me the other day after I followed up again there was nothing they could do, so I guess I will just give up now and be thankful I got 9 months of backpay and the raise (Even though I deserved it, not like they did me any good deal). As someone in their first real job, I don't know how I would be expected to know this, and I found out that other people who were scheduled in electronics also were not receiving pay despite most of their hours being there. Some were getting it, some where not. But this is the end of this story it seems.

Now, you tell us you got 9 months of back pay & complaining about it. I would ck & see that your pay grade is for electronics., moving forward.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back