Archived Is now the time to try and switch work centers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

CrimsonRaven712

I'm a BR TM and with the new E2E process I was wondering if I should be trying to get into another work center. I'm thinking about trying to get more shifts in SFS or switch over to the Plano team. I know that SFS is safe, but is Plano in danger of going away? I don't want to switch there and then have it go away? So far our store has gone over to the Market and Softlines E2E process, and I'm not sure how much we are changing.

I used to be an early morning BR TM, started seeing a reduction in hours, and now my schedule says I'm either Flow or Hardlines. My store has put an emphasis on zoning over pulling and pulling over freight, which is just madness to me. (Who cares if the store looks a little bad if most of the product we need to even fill the floor is on the truck?)

While I do still work at Target, I got a job with the Microsoft Store and dumped my minimum availability down to 2 days at Target. Honestly, this was the best thing I could have ever done because I usually just ask for more hours at Target if the MS Store cuts them for a week, as I would if I had got a job at a different retail store. I haven't seen a single week where I work less than 35 hours nor one where I work more than maybe 42. While having to go between two jobs sucks, it's probably going to be where anyone working in retail that's not in (or heading for) a higher position has to head for path-wise.

Our backroom team went to the grocery team and they are reasonably happy about it.

SFS would have been a good move a few weeks ago since BTS/BTC orders are starting to peak. But I believe it usually slows down through September and October.

go towards market.... like two of the people who worked backroom moved to market and they seem pretty happy albeit a little stressed over our TL, but happy.

Market is the way to to and no paycut. Plano is shrinking or joining other teams at full end to end stores

Same, from what i've read here plano would go away.

Had a couple BRTMs/Flow go market here at my store too

At my store, switching to Market would not be the best idea right now. They brought over a ton of people and at first they were getting hours, but it has plummeted. I'm not sure how they are scheduled each day, but it seems to be only the TL until 8, and even then she might get one person. The after huddle projects have almost always been helping push the market stock off the truck for the past few weeks because they don't have the hours to give people.

I was talking to the Plano TL and he didn't mention anything about Plano dropping down. I guess I'll have to talk to him about it. Right now we only have one person who is solely dedicated to SFS, so I'm hoping if I jump over there I'll get hours. I need to talk to my ETL about it.

Does anyone who is doing the full E2E know how much backroom is actually going to drop. I don't want to lose out in hours overall if I can still get them from the BR.

Beauty (Cosmetics) now with E2E has also good hours. Close to 40 hours from Opening to 3 - 4pm or 3 - 4pm to close.

My store went from 300 ish hours in the BR to less than 150 from softlines and market E2E. Next area will tank the hours completely

Beauty (Cosmetics) now with E2E has also good hours. Close to 40 hours from Opening to 3 - 4pm or 3 - 4pm to close.

I think they have all the people they need in my store for that position.

My store went from 300 ish hours in the BR to less than 150 from softlines and market E2E. Next area will tank the hours completely
Ouch, I'm wondering when that will happen in my store. I really need to talk to my ETL. I'm trained in enough different work areas that it drives me crazy when I don't get scheduled for more that just a basic 20hrs in the backroom especially when SFS seems to get 40hrs every week and I know how to do that.

Does anyone who is doing the full E2E know how much backroom is actually going to drop. I don't want to lose out in hours overall if I can still get them from the BR.
We've got one person in the evening every day, there's one guy that works M-F, and another that picks up the weekends, and they're not always full 8 hour shifts, so we're alloting some... 50 hours a week for BR. They just spend the evenings grabbing FAs and pulling/working manual CAFs

Well I've been market since day 1. Was getting 30+ for 2 months now all a sudden I have one market shift 2 weeks out and only 20 hours. What the hell gives?

Not sure which region you are in but my store used to use hardlines hours to pad market.

In region 200 I wonder if stores are currently not allowed to use more hours for market than alotted.

In my district at least the idea is to see if market can sink or swim with what they are given. Our store the market team was inefficient based on work load versus hours given.

I'd recommend plano even if it does go away as a work center. It will still need to be done in every area of the store and you will have that skill if/when your store goes e2e in hardlines. I think plano is one of the most interesting and fun work centers because it's always something new. It's not for dummies, lightweights or lazy people, especially if your store is like mine and you pull your own batches. I am so glad I am on plano, it's never boring.

Our Plano went to Price Change and other areas for the most part, unless it's a large set. As for BR, they all went to truck push except for maybe an hour of their day backstocking the truck. As for lunches, to see any of them go past that point is VERY rare. Their day is usually 6-10.

We only had like 6-7 back room TM’s before Beauty, Market, and Softlines went E2E. 2 went to Market and 1 to SFS/Flow. I’m not sure if Hardlines will be going E2E but god I hope not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back