Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

Ok it’s officially thanksgiving season.

Turkeys arrived Thursday October 18 2018.

We received 1 full pallet plus about 10 other boxes mixed in with the other 3 pallets of freezer. I set the bunker got 8 boxes of MP turkey breast out and 3 boxes of big MP turkeys.

Next five weeks is going to be pure hell for market

Keep posting your stories here.

Ok it’s officially thanksgiving season.

Turkeys arrived Thursday October 18 2018.

We received 1 full pallet plus about 10 other boxes mixed in with the other 3 pallets of freezer. I set the bunker got 8 boxes of MP turkey breast out and 3 boxes of big MP turkeys.

Next five weeks is going to be pure hell for market

Keep posting your stories here.

We just got our turkey truck. We're in remodel and our freezer isn't in commission so we have a freezer trailer. Well... we have no more room in the freezer to backstock, so there's maybe 8 u-boats of full case backstock that still needs to be backstocked... so... we've moved those vehicles into our turkey truck for room, while we purge the freezer trailer. OH WAIT!!!! They sent us a shit ton of brand new 50 count pizza roll cases! BUT THERE'S MORE; They sent us even MORE cases of a brand new archer farm pizzas. So, now we have to deal with all of that and it's not tied to any locations at all and it's not like we have time to do any of that but now we gotta find time.

Bakery, Deli, Produce, and Freezer Remodel has been the worst part of our remodel experience thus far. Our turkey trailer is now a secondary backstock trailer lol. Our freezer remodel has been probably the worst part of it all. It's been hell. Bakery had to use the trailer too but their freezer is never so filled and they never have backstock, so it didn't really mean that much. Their pulls are never above 10 DPCI. We get bakery product in our FDC pallets and we ship two full u-boats over to them and they will only have a few boxes of backstock, maybe six. But with the main freezer down... it's been hell.

/endrant

I always forget this topic exists, I need to be more active in here to learn more and talk. Anyone else get their turkey yet? Had a backroom TM asking me if we had two trucks now and I said "Well, no... it's a turkey trailer, but we're using it." and she mouths "What the fuck?" because there's been barely any room in our stockroom.

Having started this thread, years ago, I felt it best to say it in Market, I have been offered a job by my former HR ETL as well as another former HR TM a job, at a brand new DC (9 miles of conveyor, ffs, its intimidating.) For you all who work hard, and feel like it isn't worth it, remember that, that hard work can translate to other companies, even with the people you work with, daily. I was a PA, then Signing TM, at Target, now more then likely a Quality Assurance associate, at a competitors DC of 1,000 people (brand new opened less than a year ago). It feels great to see my hard work didn't mean shit after all.

That is why I always tell people to try even when it won't mean much. It will reflect, and leaders may or may not remember it. If they don't, it's our jobs to be like "hey, I deserve some credit."
My Frozen Dairy department has been really bad as of late, but I'm beginning to realize this is how it's going to be from now on. Thinking I am going to rekindle my interest in becoming a PA regardless if it means no pay-raise, but that is definitely a deal breaker... but if that gets me to where I want to be, so be it.

Good luck! I just hope it's not wally world

I’m sick and tired of these pumpkin Gaylord pallets so far we have gotten 14 pallets in the last 3 weeks. Yes over 400 pumpkins sold.

We are flying through the pumpkins at 4.99 while Aldis are 2.99.
Looks like we have 1 pallet coming Saturday and 2 on Sunday yeah. Oh and they are in Sunday’s AD for 4.99. Whippie.

Hoboy.. I got my 6 pallets of turkeys last night! TBH, I'm thinking of ordering to double what came in last night. I really hope this early bird promo is a killer. I have kind of mixed feelings about not having Honeysuckle this year.

Attachments

• IMG_20181019_150737__01.jpg
    IMG_20181019_150737__01.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 39
We just got our turkey truck. We're in remodel and our freezer isn't in commission so we have a freezer trailer. Well... we have no more room in the freezer to backstock, so there's maybe 8 u-boats of full case backstock that still needs to be backstocked... so... we've moved those vehicles into our turkey truck for room, while we purge the freezer trailer. OH WAIT!!!! They sent us a shit ton of brand new 50 count pizza roll cases! BUT THERE'S MORE; They sent us even MORE cases of a brand new archer farm pizzas. So, now we have to deal with all of that and it's not tied to any locations at all and it's not like we have time to do any of that but now we gotta find time.

Bakery, Deli, Produce, and Freezer Remodel has been the worst part of our remodel experience thus far. Our turkey trailer is now a secondary backstock trailer lol. Our freezer remodel has been probably the worst part of it all. It's been hell. Bakery had to use the trailer too but their freezer is never so filled and they never have backstock, so it didn't really mean that much. Their pulls are never above 10 DPCI. We get bakery product in our FDC pallets and we ship two full u-boats over to them and they will only have a few boxes of backstock, maybe six. But with the main freezer down... it's been hell.

/endrant

I always forget this topic exists, I need to be more active in here to learn more and talk. Anyone else get their turkey yet? Had a backroom TM asking me if we had two trucks now and I said "Well, no... it's a turkey trailer, but we're using it." and she mouths "What the fuck?" because there's been barely any room in our stockroom.

This makes me sad. We're scheduled for a total cooler/freezer replacement but it has nothing to do with our unannounced remodel. Fortunately, we're not scheduled to start until after the holidays but I already know it's going to be a massive pain in the ass. It's been 4 years since we've stowed any bakery product so at least we have that going for us.

During our remodel they messed up hard. The new island for deli/ higher end cheeses was not the one specified for our store. Had to wait weeks to get approved for the other one. While we did we had no space for 20 feet of product. Majority was qmos’d out and whatever else was put into our end caps to let it get a chance to sell

We got a.shit ton of pumpkins today, can you say 5 pallets a total of 175 pumpkins add that to the 1 pallet that we received yesterday. We will sell them but why 5 pallets when we get a fdc truck everyday.
Well, obviously, they sent you mine by mistake. They cut 3 of the 4 I ordered for tonight's drop. Yesterday I sold about 4 bins worth so I hope what I have on hand will get me through.

Our freezer is finally back up and running. Morning team left me with 6 u-boats of backstock in freezer and two uboats + a three tier cart of backstock in cooler and one of them was not b-coded at all, but I was aware because I came in at 10am and everyone left at 12:30. I got everything done, milk broken down, and everything squared away, cleaned, and ready for the morning. First time in a long ass time. It feels good.

We get so many pumpkins a day it's not even funny. I saw our turkey trailer had 4 pallets in it today, we haven't really sold too many yet but I'm guessing it will begin to sell soon.

This makes me sad. We're scheduled for a total cooler/freezer replacement but it has nothing to do with our unannounced remodel. Fortunately, we're not scheduled to start until after the holidays but I already know it's going to be a massive pain in the ass. It's been 4 years since we've stowed any bakery product so at least we have that going for us.

It was a major pain in the ass. It was awful. Our turkey trailer became a secondary freezer trailer and we had to use it again today so Remodel team and construction could do finishing touches in the Freezer, but it was usable. Today, when I was breaking down milk, one of the Construction remodel workers somehow set off the "DOOR IS OPEN" alarm/horn and it was BLARING, that shit was loud. I could barely hear it from inside the cooler, I just thought it was the fans squealing a little. The guy opens the cooler door and then it hits me... "BVWEEEERRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and he goes "Holy shit!" but I could barely hear him because it was so loud.

He sat up there on a ladder with ear plugs for nearly 10 minutes to get it to shut off and then fixed it. The sensor must have been setup wrong or something.

During our remodel they messed up hard. The new island for deli/ higher end cheeses was not the one specified for our store. Had to wait weeks to get approved for the other one. While we did we had no space for 20 feet of product. Majority was qmos’d out and whatever else was put into our end caps to let it get a chance to sell

That's awful. I'd be pissed, but then again, I remember I don't get paid enough to care. 😂

The new system is the old system--We've been doing end-to-end in Market in my store for quite awhile now. However, now that the rest of the store is inching toward E2E, things are quite a clusterfluff. Our backroom footprint keeps shrinking, and Flow's stuff ends up in our BR aisles...which keeps us from efficiently doing our own processes. We are all frustrated. Add to that new TMs who aren't grasping the idea of "fast" and "accurate," overstuffed wacos from playing catch-up, and some other things I can't discuss, and we as a team are very discouraged. I'm trying to be an example for my newer teammates, and I too am having a hard time being successful at this after not having much of a problem with it before. Can I get reassurances that this *has* worked somewhere else, or is this whole new world setting us up for failure?

Anyone else get a crap ton of apple cider ???
We received 35 boxes of the half gallon apple cider.
So that’s a total of 315 half gallons. I got 20 boxes out on the Salesfloor.

Oh and as for the pumpkins we received 5 pallets on Sunday, 2 pallets on Wednesday and 2 more pallets coming Saturday. We are selling tons of pumpkins 🎃 pumpkins 🎃

Last edited:
It’s Not until the last couple of orders will we receive a bulk amount from c&s and tpc the hell out of them. Oh wait mywork won’t let me tpc right now :,)

Another question...do any of you feel that Market is getting the shaft from higher-ups not in your department, like we're the unwanted relatives?

It's always " Ugh, Market and frozen dairy is behind again?"

But, then again, what's new? We're always behind since we can't seem to hire anyone with actual availability and we're always under-staffed.

It's always " Ugh, Market and frozen dairy is behind again?"

But, then again, what's new? We're always behind since we can't seem to hire anyone with actual availability and we're always under-staffed.

You're not kidding. We just fired a new TM for continued violations of policy and we've also had The Creeping Crud passing through the team, and we have had a pretty high turnover for a few months now. The availability isn't the problem for us--it's staying on-task and grasping the concepts of fast work, accurate stock and backstock, and not wandering off. And yes, we're very behind. I'm not innocent of being a little slow some days, but I at least try to do my best to stay on-task and do the best I can to accurately put things away. The DTL has not been happy with our progress with the new system.

Just started using the coupons for this quarter that came in last week. We only got for meat 1, 3, 5 dollar off and produce 50 cents, 1 and 2 dollar off.

NO 2 or 4 dollar off meat. And NO coupons for bakery ?????
I never got my Fall coupons. I still use the summer ones. Like wtf? Why is my store against the coupons. I guarantee you everything I coupon sells.

I’m sick and tired of these pumpkin Gaylord pallets so far we have gotten 14 pallets in the last 3 weeks. Yes over 400 pumpkins sold.

We are flying through the pumpkins at 4.99 while Aldis are 2.99.
Looks like we have 1 pallet coming Saturday and 2 on Sunday yeah. Oh and they are in Sunday’s AD for 4.99. Whippie.
I got two pallets in. And that is TWO stacked one on top of the other no saran wrap. Straight outta trailer. Then maneuvering them thru the trapped fire aisle full of Christmas merch. That coulda been a disaster. A code green.

Back