Is this Real Life? (A Market vent thread)

I was in a store about 10 miles from mine today just want to thank all my market team members for all they do. I really appreciate them after seeing this store.

This store does as much as mine in sales busy about 160 k per week day. They still had gourds out they went salvage. the fresh cut flowers were in front of the turkey bunker could not climb over them to see the 1 butterball that was there.
Bakery tables was about 70% empty NO King’s Hawaiian out this is a Tuesday afternoon. Wtf

I was in a store about 10 miles from mine today just want to thank all my market team members for all they do. I really appreciate them after seeing this store.

This store does as much as mine in sales busy about 160 k per week day. They still had gourds out they went salvage. the fresh cut flowers were in front of the turkey bunker could not climb over them to see the 1 butterball that was there.
Bakery tables was about 70% empty NO King’s Hawaiian out this is a Tuesday afternoon. Wtf
Did I read that correctly you make $160,000 on a weekday, just in Grocery or you mean for the whole store. When I look at sales I only care about my own department as we are the ones holding it together

Last edited:
I'm freaking out over Thanksgiving....Turkeys weren't moving so I didn't order any. Now I had to go crazy to make sure we have them for this weekend.

I'm freaking out over Thanksgiving....Turkeys weren't moving so I didn't order any. Now I had to go crazy to make sure we have them for this weekend.
No matter how many turkeys you have you will always be out on the Monday before thanksgiving.
We currently have about
Butterballs. 10-15 lbs = 30 boxes
16-20 lbs = 10 boxes
20-24 lbs = 40 boxes

Market pantry only about 10 boxes but bunker is full

No need to scramble but I’ll order a few more for Sunday delivery.

No matter how many turkeys you have you will always be out on the Monday before thanksgiving.
We currently have about
Butterballs. 10-15 lbs = 30 boxes
16-20 lbs = 10 boxes
20-24 lbs = 40 boxes

Market pantry only about 10 boxes but bunker is full

No need to scramble but I’ll order a few more for Sunday delivery.
Have you seen the prices that Vons, Albertsons, Ralphs and other regional stores are throwing out there per pound. They are much much cheaper than Target. I don't plan on ordering too many more. On I believe workbench there was indications of a discount if needed on turkeys to stay competitive but I hope it is a coupon and not a situation where we need to reweigh everything with an updated price.

We have about 250 turkeys ready to sell in the freezer 3 pallets worth. Birds will be flying out the door the next 4 days. Plus the bunker is full 2 sides frozen about 50 turkeys in there. And we could get more turkeys with Sunday’s freezer delivery.

And fresh turkeys will start to arrive on the dairy pallets on Sunday.

Last edited:
Has anyone gone through a non-remodel total walkin replacement? I feel like I'm in a good spot, preparedness wise. I just want to make sure there's not any unapparent difficulties coming my way.

Also; y'all crazy. This was the first time I have tried a MP frozen turkey and it was easily the best turkey I have ever done (dry brined, spachcocked, compound butter under skin).

It’s been a while but how am I supposed to get the large plastic strip that holds the label strips on the milk racks for walk in coolers. It is straight up nasty but I’m having so much trouble getting it off.🤮

It’s been a while but how am I supposed to get the large plastic strip that holds the label strips on the milk racks for walk in coolers. It is straight up nasty but I’m having so much trouble getting it off.🤮
Are you talking about the white stock from behind racks on wheels? If that's what you mean, they're made by BOF and they're really freaking expensive. The new style is a two piece system where the label strip holder holder and the front fencing is two pieces. Makes it loads easier to clean and replace if one breaks.

If you need assistance taking the rack apart, make sure you take out the dividers before the front piece and then apply forward pressure to the fence. Depending on the milk buildup, the piece should loosen forward. Make sure you keep your mouth closed, it can get a little flaky.

Are you talking about the white stock from behind racks on wheels? If that's what you mean, they're made by BOF and they're really freaking expensive. The new style is a two piece system where the label strip holder holder and the front fencing is two pieces. Makes it loads easier to clean and replace if one breaks.

If you need assistance taking the rack apart, make sure you take out the dividers before the front piece and then apply forward pressure to the fence. Depending on the milk buildup, the piece should loosen forward. Make sure you keep your mouth closed, it can get a little flaky.
Thank you, although I gave up and decided to clean and swap a spare rack we have, there is just so much caked in the plastic strip I couldn’t even loosen it . 😖

Anyone who works in market, is your store becoming completely obsessed with zoning for several hours and making things look full by putting stuff in the wrong spot all while you are sitting on 8 pallets of food truck that hasn't been stocked?
That is the worst thing I ever heard. Your TL and ETL need to be fired ASAP.

We have about 250 turkeys ready to sell in the freezer 3 pallets worth. Birds will be flying out the door the next 4 days. Plus the bunker is full 2 sides frozen about 50 turkeys in there. And we could get more turkeys with Sunday’s freezer delivery.

And fresh turkeys will start to arrive on the dairy pallets on Sunday.
Put them on eBay! Haha

We've finally all gotten into routines, and the work is very fairly divided up and reasonable for the shifts we have. Our team is getting good at what we do. Our TL is amazing and positive, but kicks butts when needed. I've been feeling quite accomplished as I have been able to finish all my work in the time allotted, and that wasn't quite happening before we went to the new routines a little while ago (the new task sheets). We've heard great stuff from our TL and ETL and even higher-up visitors. We're now able to even do some EXF scanning again. It feels good to be in this position.

So we got another 6 pallets of pumpkins on Saturday.

That makes
Sunday 21st = 5 pallets
Wednesday 24th = 2 pallets
Saturday 27th = 6 pallets.

13 pallets X 35 = 455 pumpkins in one week all sold.

We have about 20 pumpkins left less than 1 pallet.

This year we sold around 25 pallets of pumpkins.

I’m sick of the orange pumpkins 🎃 pumpkins 🎃
Be lucky you don't work at the grocery store I do, as my boss ordered several thousand pumpkins and we still had customers coming at the last minute to ask where all of our stock went.

I miss my 6 am to 2:30 pm shift. This 7 am to 3:30 and the 8 am to 4:30 shifts suck big time my whole day is ruined.
Same here! I would even take the 6am shifts over the 7am crap if I'm not able to go back to the 5am shifts. I feel drained more than ever. Getting out in the middle of rush hour traffic. I get home and hardly have any time in between and it's like only a few hours and then bedtime. Or I stay up and get like 5 hours of sleep.

So annoying pushing with guests in the way. And it's like 9am and I'm still going through stuff on the floor. Now I'm trying to enjoy these couple of weeks with the store opening at 7am, so I have 6am shifts.

Back