Archived Items that guests ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing guests have asked for but my store is almost always out of is the Choco Taco.

Finally a place to put my odd questions...

An actual conversation between me and a guest two Sundays ago...

I'm in domestics zoning and working out a cart of reshop in curtains...
The guest walks briskly towards me...

Me: "Ma'am, can I help you find something?"
Guest: "Do you carry sinks here?"
Me: "No"
Guest: "Well it's hard to believe with a store your size that you don't. What I'm looking for is your sink section."
Me: "Ma'am, we have various items in different areas of the store sink related. Can you be a little more specific?"
Guest: "I am looking for the piece for under the sink." *motions as if she was under the sink*
Me: "Piping? We actually don't carry any sink pipes here. You might want to try to visit Home Depot..."
Guest: "No... You don't even know what you are talking about, do you? Even Bed Bath & Beyond has a sink section!"
Me: "Ma'am, unless you are specific with what it's called or what the item is, I can not help you any further. I can't even type that in my PDA because it would come up with various items that are incorrect."
Guest: "Is there a manager on duty so I can explain to him how incompetent you are?"
Me: "Sure ma'am, but it will take me a moment because I don't have any equipment on me to call for further assistance and I need to locate someone who's close within the area to help contact the manager for you."
Guest storms away...
I continue putting away curtains...

Guest comes back a few minutes later...
Guest: "Well...? Where is the manager you promised me?"
Me: "Ma'am you had walked away from me and I took that as..."
Guest interrupts me...
Guest: "Oh just forget it. I'm looking for the piece, it's a twisty thing, that connects on the piping, under the sink."
Me: "No, we do not carry it.
Guest: "Ok! FINE! Where is the cleaning section? I'll see if someone over there can find it for me since you seem to know nothing about nothing."
Me: "B aisles"
Guest: "B WHAT?"
Me: "Aisles. You know... *points to down the aisle and at the endcap signage labeled* A bride walks down the... aisle. You are going to walk down the aisles of Target to the B's where the cleaning section is located at..."
Guest: "Can you stop talking to me as if I am a child?"
Me: "I was only trying to give you the location..."
Guest: "You need to shut up!"
*storms off*

If that isn't Bipolar, then I dunno what is! This woman was off her hinges and I only had one cup of coffee that day. Smh...

Finally a place to put my odd questions...

An actual conversation between me and a guest two Sundays ago...

I'm in domestics zoning and working out a cart of reshop in curtains...
The guest walks briskly towards me...

Me: "Ma'am, can I help you find something?"
Guest: "Do you carry sinks here?"
Me: "No"
Guest: "Well it's hard to believe with a store your size that you don't. What I'm looking for is your sink section."
Me: "Ma'am, we have various items in different areas of the store sink related. Can you be a little more specific?"
Guest: "I am looking for the piece for under the sink." *motions as if she was under the sink*
Me: "Piping? We actually don't carry any sink pipes here. You might want to try to visit Home Depot..."
Guest: "No... You don't even know what you are talking about, do you? Even Bed Bath & Beyond has a sink section!"
Me: "Ma'am, unless you are specific with what it's called or what the item is, I can not help you any further. I can't even type that in my PDA because it would come up with various items that are incorrect."
Guest: "Is there a manager on duty so I can explain to him how incompetent you are?"
Me: "Sure ma'am, but it will take me a moment because I don't have any equipment on me to call for further assistance and I need to locate someone who's close within the area to help contact the manager for you."
Guest storms away...
I continue putting away curtains...

Guest comes back a few minutes later...
Guest: "Well...? Where is the manager you promised me?"
Me: "Ma'am you had walked away from me and I took that as..."
Guest interrupts me...
Guest: "Oh just forget it. I'm looking for the piece, it's a twisty thing, that connects on the piping, under the sink."
Me: "No, we do not carry it.
Guest: "Ok! FINE! Where is the cleaning section? I'll see if someone over there can find it for me since you seem to know nothing about nothing."
Me: "B aisles"
Guest: "B WHAT?"
Me: "Aisles. You know... *points to down the aisle and at the endcap signage labeled* A bride walks down the... aisle. You are going to walk down the aisles of Target to the B's where the cleaning section is located at..."
Guest: "Can you stop talking to me as if I am a child?"
Me: "I was only trying to give you the location..."
Guest: "You need to shut up!"
*storms off*

If that isn't Bipolar, then I dunno what is! This woman was off her hinges and I only had one cup of coffee that day. Smh...

Ummm...Lady.....why would a plumbing item be located in the cleaning aisles????

I think Target would make a fortune if we sold spray paint. the amount of people that ask me if we carry it...

if Target did carry spray paint would it be behind a case or would that not be "brand" ?

I'd imagine what it would be if they mixed paint or had bullets, guns and fishing gear...

Ya I always get asked if we carry spraypaint too. I always tell the guest we dont carry them and the reason is probably because people were spraying it over the store at one point so target decided not to carry it if they did indeed carry it at one point. Get asked about clothing die too.

if Target did carry spray paint would it be behind a case or would that not be "brand" ?

I'd imagine what it would be if they mixed paint or had bullets, guns and fishing gear...

When we used to carry spray paint, it was in a locked glass case, and you had to walk it up front for the guest, then the cashier would ask for ID. All for a $5 can of paint.

Not worth the effort.

Very glad we don't sell Ritz dye any more. When we did, the guests would open the package and the dye would permanently stain the shelves, floor or your hands when trying to clean it up.

Why in the world would customers open those in the store?! I sort of get the nail polish (though would never have dreamt people did this until this thread)....but dye?!

From the few times I walked into there store (bored on break), I've never seen a sink section. They just carry a few shower heads and faucets but nothing else pluming related.

Very glad we don't sell Ritz dye any more. When we did, the guests would open the package and the dye would permanently stain the shelves, floor or your hands when trying to clean it up.
At least it was easy to spot who opened the package (cobalt blue fingers notwithstanding).

so the phone conversation I had this week went something like this

"Good afternoon, thank you for calling the bladdey blah Target. How can I help you?"
guest (elderly woman): "Do you have a hardware section?"
m:" we have a small selection of tools"
g:"So you have vacuums."
m:"Well yes ma'am we have vacuums. But those are considered small appliances."
g:"so you have hardware, like dinettes."
m:"we have a small selection."
g:"what does that mean?"
m: "It means we have one or two to choose from."
g:"so you have a hardware section."
m:"yes, ma'am."
(this went on for tables, dressers and a few other items)
g:"I will be coming in in the morning where are these things located so I can get right to them?"
m:"almost all of these items are in the middle of our store (literally)"
g:"so when I come into the store they'll be right there"
m:"no ma'am, our store is big and the entrance is at the side so when you come in it will be up and to your left"
g:"so when I come in they'll be right there."
"no ma'am it's a big store and the entrance is on one side."
another few rounds of this one.
"Good bye" ......knock the phone into the desk a few hundred times.

A guest once asked if we carried Ouija Boards. I just stared at him and said we don't.

I actually asked a team member the same question from my store, before I worked there. She just glared at me and said "No. Definitely not"
Even though we did.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back