Archived Items that guests ask for

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a request last week for flints and rolling paper. Those went away long time ago.

so the phone conversation I had this week went something like this

"Good afternoon, thank you for calling the bladdey blah Target. How can I help you?"
guest (elderly woman): "Do you have a hardware section?"
m:" we have a small selection of tools"
g:"So you have vacuums."
m:"Well yes ma'am we have vacuums. But those are considered small appliances."
g:"so you have hardware, like dinettes."
m:"we have a small selection."
g:"what does that mean?"
m: "It means we have one or two to choose from."
g:"so you have a hardware section."
m:"yes, ma'am."
(this went on for tables, dressers and a few other items)
g:"I will be coming in in the morning where are these things located so I can get right to them?"
m:"almost all of these items are in the middle of our store (literally)"
g:"so when I come into the store they'll be right there"
m:"no ma'am, our store is big and the entrance is at the side so when you come in it will be up and to your left"
g:"so when I come in they'll be right there."
"no ma'am it's a big store and the entrance is on one side."
another few rounds of this one.
"Good bye" ......knock the phone into the desk a few hundred times.
We slam it into the cradle ;) Good to know we're not alone ;)

I hate when guests are looking for something that we don't sell and they use the following arguments
- but it's online and it says you have a bunch in stock
- you guys sold them a couple of years ago
- my friend Mose got it at this exact same store

my stock answer to the online is "I always warn people to call the store to double check as our systems don't always line up." In my head it's "you are an idjut"

I always enjoy the situations when a pest asks for something, you explain where it is (while taking them there) and they say "it's not there, I was already there" only to have you show them it was right where you said it was. Then they say something to the effect that it was not there before.

OK.... We have a gremlin that hides under the basedeck, that sees confused guests, then hides things just to confuse them.

I had someone who wanted to purchase a non-salable furniture display because "I'm too lazy to build it".

I always enjoy the situations when a pest asks for something, you explain where it is (while taking them there) and they say "it's not there, I was already there" only to have you show them it was right where you said it was. Then they say something to the effect that it was not there before.

OK.... We have a gremlin that hides under the basedeck, that sees confused guests, then hides things just to confuse them.

I had someone who wanted to purchase a non-salable furniture display because "I'm too lazy to build it".

When we told a guest that we couldn't sell one of the chair displays, he came back later, cut the zip ties and tried to buy it anyway.
Lucky there was an GSTL around who on the ball.

Are we not allowed to buy any displays anymore? We had a nice lamp on display a few years back where I cut the ties, took it off the focal, carried it to the cashier, and put it in my car for $22 down from $60. It's like five feet away from me. I know we cannot buy furniture but are we allowed other things?

Some displays can be sold. We sold our display Christmas trees, for example, but any display strollers, bouncers, furniture, etc. cannot be sold, for health-safety/liability reasons. I'm not sure what else can and cannot be sold, but not everything is off-limits.

Are we not allowed to buy any displays anymore? We had a nice lamp on display a few years back where I cut the ties, took it off the focal, carried it to the cashier, and put it in my car for $22 down from $60. It's like five feet away from me. I know we cannot buy furniture but are we allowed other things?

Furniture displays can be sold if -- there is a label strip for the display. No label no sale.
Small appliances -- If the display can still be plugged in, then yes. Many have the cord severed.
Electronics -- Most are hollow models, so no.
Baby stuff -- NO! -- Product liability is not in our favor.

Furniture displays can be sold if -- there is a label strip for the display. No label no sale.
Small appliances -- If the display can still be plugged in, then yes. Many have the cord severed.
Electronics -- Most are hollow models, so no.

Baby stuff -- NO! -- Product liability is not in our favor.

And I'm sure everybody here knows but I'm going to say it anyway, check up first before you sell it.
Guests are sneaky and if they want something, teapots of a certain color, a barstool we don't have in stock but we do have the display, they will try to sneak it past.

That seems to be the majority of our guests.
Of course, it's understandable when you see the partially-assembled nightmares they return - missing parts, instructions in Farsi, couldn't follow basic intructions even in English, husband/boyfriend used the wrong tool to tighten up screws/nuts 'til they broke, etc.

Guest: I'd like to return this toaster.
GSTM: Is there anything wrong with it?
Guest: Yes, it doesn't have a plug.
GSTM: Really? How strange. So you purchased this toaster in the box and opened it when you got home and it had no plug?
Guest: Well, you didn't have the color I wanted in a box, so I took the toaster off the shelf, put in another box and set the toaster from the box on the shelf. It's wrong of Target to sell stuff that is broken.
GSTM: Yep, you're right. Hold on. I'll call the LOD to give you a free toaster. hahahaha Not really.

guest: I'd like to return this toaster.
Gstm: Is there anything wrong with it?
Gstm: Really? How strange. So you purchased this toaster in the box and opened it when you got home and it had no plug?
Guest: Well, you didn't have the color i wanted in a box, so i took the toaster off the shelf, put in another box and set the toaster from the box on the shelf. It's wrong of target to sell stuff that is broken.
Gstm: Yep, you're right. Hold on. I'll call the lod to give you a free toaster. Hahahaha not really.

arrrggghhh!!!!!!!!

GSTM: Really? How strange. So you purchased this toaster in the box and opened it when you got home and it had no plug?
Guest: Well, you didn't have the color I wanted in a box, so I took the toaster off the shelf, put in another box and set the toaster from the box on the shelf. It's wrong of Target to sell stuff that is broken.
GSTM: Yep, you're right. Hold on. I'll call the LOD to give you a free toaster. hahahaha Not really.

Vibe. Our store would get the guest a new toaster 100 out of 100 times. Guaranteed.

Vibe. Our store would get the guest a new toaster 100 out of 100 times. Guaranteed.
*me doing repetative head-slaps on the counter*

When we told a guest that we couldn't sell one of the chair displays, he came back later, cut the zip ties and tried to buy it anyway.
Lucky there was an GSTL around who on the ball.

LOL WTF...whenever a guest asks that I just tell them they are vendor owned and have to go back to them =). It is somewhat true since we do have a vendor that comes in and builds them

That seems to be the majority of our guests.
Of course, it's understandable when you see the partially-assembled nightmares they return - missing parts, instructions in Farsi, couldn't follow basic intructions even in English, husband/boyfriend used the wrong tool to tighten up screws/nuts 'til they broke, etc.

lol im guilty of this when I was assembling a BBQ this summer. I had installed one of the tops the opposite way and it just wasnt lining up correctly. Went to the store to see if we had another one and we were out. I looked at the display to see what I was doing wrong and came back and reread the directions and found out what I had been doing wrong. Even though that was my fault, the ignition was broken but I figured id just manually light the damn thing with matches from the side instead of having to go through all the hassle

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back