Archived Jury Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does it work with getting off for Jury Duty? Who should I tell and how far in advance? What if I have jury duty on a day I'm scheduled?

According to the state I live in my employer is responsible for paying my time for Jury duty. People at my store are saying they have yet to get their money from their own experience, any advice on how to make sure I get paid?

According to the state I live in my employer is responsible for paying my time for Jury duty. People at my store are saying they have yet to get their money from their own experience, any advice on how to make sure I get paid?

Call the target benefit line. I am not sure how it works in your state, but in mine, HR submits a jury duty form for you. It gets submitted to target benefits and pay and they process it.

Really? At my store you get your full shift. Court pay is a joke in my state

I got $40 from the court for one day, as I wasn't selected for the case. This was before both Target and NY raised their minimum wages, and since I was only ever scheduled short shifts at the time due to school, I would've gotten significantly less had I worked.

In LA last time I did jury duty it was $15 dollars a day which didn't even cover my parking.. Never did that again.

I didn't even bother trying to drive downtown and find a place to park. Granted, the city where the court is located is nothing like LA, but it was still easier to take the bus. I was lucky enough to discover that the route that serves the courthouse has a stop at the end of my street (outside the city).

Last edited:
As a convicted felon, I lol at any notice they send me.

Speaking of such. Target has changed it so that people with felonies fill out their background check online now post job offer. Used to be when ETL HR gave you a job offer you filled out a conviction form and handed it to them. Now you do it online and corporate HR gives you the thumbs or thumbs down.

I got $40 from the court for one day, as I wasn't selected for the case. This was before both Target and NY raised their minimum wages, and since I was only ever scheduled short shifts at the time due to school, I would've gotten significantly less had I worked.

I didn't even bother trying to drive downtown and find a place to park. Granted, the city where the court is located is nothing like LA, but it was still easier to take the bus. I was lucky enough to discover that the route that serves the courthouse has a stop at the end of my street (outside the city).

In LA to downtown it would have been a three hour bus ride from where I was living.. Yeah no..

Speaking of such. Target has changed it so that people with felonies fill out their background check online now post job offer. Used to be when ETL HR gave you a job offer you filled out a conviction form and handed it to them. Now you do it online and corporate HR gives you the thumbs or thumbs down.

So many applicants forget to do it at home and they only have 24 hours. At my store I do the job offers, not my ETL HR.

So many applicants forget to do it at home and they only have 24 hours. At my store I do the job offers, not my ETL HR.

Nice! I have only done it two or three times. To avoid that with the new rules, I take them straight to the hiring kiosk post offer.

In my state or county, its law that no matter what theyve got to let you have the time off if youre selected for jury duty. One guy at work got 8 days off for it. Unpaid, hopefully i never get selected, ive got rent to pay for damnit

In my state or county, its law that no matter what theyve got to let you have the time off if youre selected for jury duty. One guy at work got 8 days off for it. Unpaid, hopefully i never get selected, ive got rent to pay for damnit

Target didnt pay him? Weird we give 8 hour jury pay at my store

Yep, I'm in the state of denial - Target doesn't pay for jury duty here.
Last time I was called the court paid $14/day & employers aren't required to pay you for worked missed but they DO have to let you off to serve.
Small wonder no one likes to get called for jury duty here.

I got paid like 6 or 7 bucks for a whole day. Then it would of been 40$ a day if picked. Missed out on about 88$ when I could of been working so I just bullshitted myself out of even being considered to be on the jury by being biased when asked a particular question from one of the prosecutors. It's your civil duty to show up and they give you a form to give to your employer to say you were at jury duty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back