Archived Jury Duty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Damn it. Time to sell my car, cut up my license and go completely off the grid

I kid, and not to derail with my opinions here but court is probably the most unbearable place on the planet for me. I've had to pop into the courthouse before and each time I left in a sour mood...especially after seeing all those highly paid attorneys who make big bucks off defending the guilty, sauntering around in their $10,000 suits. In my humble opinion lawyers are a parasite class who are every bit as disgusting as the murders, rapists, perverts, burglars, and embezzlers they defend. That and the gaggle of stinking, barely literate creatures you have to wade through after getting there pretty much speaks for itself. Gross. Miss me with that bullshit thanks!

I'm probably going to get dismissed in a hurry after the judge asks if I can stay unbiased. What's this under my shirt, oh just a coil of rope, why do you ask? :D

Hmmm....just because someone is in a courtroom doesn't mean that they have done something wrong...sometimes people are accused of a crime and they must go to court to defend themselves.

Not all lawyers are of the "parasitic class" some are, but most are not.
Many are court appointed and work their asses off to get people the punishment they deserve......or get the freedom from prosecution because their clients really are innocent.

Just got a notice for Jury Duty in the mail yesterday. Last time, I served on a Grand Jury and had to take my exams early. Very nervous now, since this is the first time that I'm working and being called to serve. I plan on speaking with my HR this afternoon. Anything I should be ready for?

Your store has to allow you to be available. Just provide a copy of your jury summons as documentation. And let them know ASAP so they can adjust the schedule.

Hopefully, your area's court services will notify you ahead of time if your group has to appear or will release you right a way or from appearing at all.

You can probably look at the court calendar and see what cases are scheduled to appear within the next couple weeks.

Your store will have to let you go. It'll be an excused absence but do yourself a favor: 1) let leadership know ASAP so they can plan around it and 2) try to find someone to cover your shifts. Even if you can't find anyone it'll show leadership that you made an effort for them. Nothing worse than a blasé TM who comes in the day after an absence and then tells leadership they had a doctor's appointment or something.

Your store will have to let you go. It'll be an excused absence but do yourself a favor: 1) let leadership know ASAP so they can plan around it and 2) try to find someone to cover your shifts. Even if you can't find anyone it'll show leadership that you made an effort for them. Nothing worse than a blasé TM who comes in the day after an absence and then tells leadership they had a doctor's appointment or something.
My date is set for April 16th. Let HR know today. They told me to take the week off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back