Archived leadership being too dismissive?

Status
Not open for further replies.
bought archer farms mini muffins. the out of date sticker says august 12th, but i see there is another sticker beneath it, july 29th ... and another beneath that reading july 19th. the market PA has been bragging about how he has reduced the shrink, and i bring the product with the 3 date stickers to the ETL-LOG as he is also LOD, and explain to him what i had found and what was said, and his repsonse was "that doesnt meany anything and you cant prove he re-stickered that or anything else either." so when i am later helping a new team member to push bakery product and i explain how on the tag it will tell you how long to date the product for, "SL-5" it read on the location label. so, it was the 9th so they get stickered for the 14th. the TM askes me about the ones dated for the 16th already on the shelf. i just think "oh really" but explain to the TM that we'll still follow FIFO on this.

there are 2 market P.A.s and i know which 1 is doing this as the other was shocked when i told him this and began searching with me to find all the retagged and oddly dated items. i explained what happened with the ETL, and he said he would tell the market TL. but, shouldnt more have been done here rather than just blowing it off as nothing?

bought archer farms mini muffins. the out of date sticker says august 12th, but i see there is another sticker beneath it, july 29th ... and another beneath that reading july 19th. the market PA has been bragging about how he has reduced the shrink, and i bring the product with the 3 date stickers to the ETL-LOG as he is also LOD, and explain to him what i had found and what was said, and his repsonse was "that doesnt meany anything and you cant prove he re-stickered that or anything else either." so when i am later helping a new team member to push bakery product and i explain how on the tag it will tell you how long to date the product for, "SL-5" it read on the location label. so, it was the 9th so they get stickered for the 14th. the TM askes me about the ones dated for the 16th already on the shelf. i just think "oh really" but explain to the TM that we'll still follow FIFO on this.

there are 2 market P.A.s and i know which 1 is doing this as the other was shocked when i told him this and began searching with me to find all the retagged and oddly dated items. i explained what happened with the ETL, and he said he would tell the market TL. but, shouldnt more have been done here rather than just blowing it off as nothing?
Anything regarding food, yes. Should be taken seriously. Just because he mentioned he would tell the market TL amd dismissed it after that doesnt mean he is taking it lightly. That's just the process. If you see redating going on after that, call the hotline.

That ETL-Log shouldn't have treated it like that. It should have alarmed him but he is right that you can't prove that the PA was the one who has been doing it. Not unless you catch him in the act. I would make sure the TL is aware and take pictures of what you found, If the TL is dismissive as well, tell the ETL for markt or tell the STL

Anything regarding food, yes. Should be taken seriously. Just because he mentioned he would tell the market TL amd dismissed it after that doesnt mean he is taking it lightly. That's just the process. If you see redating going on after that, call the hotline.

no the other market PA said they would tell the market TL about it. and believe me the offending PA i have not only pics taken but videos too! in our store, the ETL-LOG and ETL-GE joint rule over the store. so it doesnt matter which i go to in a way. im giving it a week. if by next thursday, as im going to address everything in 1 shot to HR when she returns on monday along with my TL as there is a bit more going on here than just the re-dating, and it all pertains to the market PA who is the offender, then yeah i guess i have to ringy ring ring as the STL isnt likely to do anything. if addressed on an issue she likes to roll her eyes and stick her tounge out at you.

Between this & the thread about repackaging moldy strawberries, it would make me think twice about doing any grocery shopping with spot :eek:

COME ON, WELLNESS DISCOUNT! You might die, but hey we're saving you money.

Yeah for some reason spot has a problem it seems keeping things sanitary and regular in market.

so today the market team lead was told about the bad stickering. she said because there is no way to prove who did what, just going forward make sure we dont have that happen again. if it does it will result in write ups.

i want to keep this in house, and im not dropping the issue. the clock is ticking if nothing is done by next tuesday. wednesday at latest im calling the hotline. my TLs Flow and backroom return from vacation on monday. im going to get backroom TL to help me address the issue to HR. why backroom? well this had a very adverse effect on our backroom as we are jam packed with bakery product that wasnt getting pushed right, and as a result weve had shrink from the backroom. hell is the BR TL allows it we could go to the STL. despite her being useless......

Between this & the thread about repackaging moldy strawberries, it would make me think twice about doing any grocery shopping with spot :eek:
i got news for you pal, your local super market does it too except they wash the berries first. they do it with strawberries, blues, rhasp, and black berries. likely grapes and cherries too.

i explained what happened with the ETL, and he said he would tell the market TL. but, shouldnt more have been done here rather than just blowing it off as nothing?
I try not to show to much anger about things like that. I might be flipping out at someone in my head but I try to let other people know that. That discussion with the team member should be in private and not berated to other team members.

When you say that the clock is ticking and you want something done, what do you mean @Midoninger ?
Because, not to put too fine a point on it, you will probably have to be happy with it not happening again.
They won't tell you if they even spoke to the person responsible.
Getting satisfaction is probably not in the cards, except for knowing your customers are safe from food poisoning.

i got news for you pal, your local super market does it too except they wash the berries first. they do it with strawberries, blues, rhasp, and black berries. likely grapes and cherries too.

That is completely untrue. You can't wash berries because they go bad. What's concerning about THAT though, is if you're buying a fruit cup that is prepared in store, those berries are NOT washed. They do wash grapes though. They don't swap out rotten fruit from packages. It's far too time consuming and it's a weights and measures issue. Worked in a produce section for a few years as a fruit cutter.

I try not to show to much anger about things like that. I might be flipping out at someone in my head but I try to let other people know that. That discussion with the team member should be in private and not berated to other team members.

thats true, and youre right its none of my business, but i was thinking more about examining what was still on the shelf and throwing away any improperly marked product. since they didnt seem to mind having it on the shelf, nor were they phased by it.

When you say that the clock is ticking and you want something done, what do you mean @Midoninger ?
Because, not to put too fine a point on it, you will probably have to be happy with it not happening again.
They won't tell you if they even spoke to the person responsible.
Getting satisfaction is probably not in the cards, except for knowing your customers are safe from food poisoning.

thats just it though i dont want anyone getting sick. my store is in a small town, my home town, i know the grapevine very well. all it will take is 1 person getting sick and the store will get boycotted. or worse sued for food poisoning. id prefer that didnt happen. when i say clock is ticking, before i make a phonecall because as its been said you dont mess with food.

That is completely untrue. You can't wash berries because they go bad. What's concerning about THAT though, is if you're buying a fruit cup that is prepared in store, those berries are NOT washed. They do wash grapes though. They don't swap out rotten fruit from packages. It's far too time consuming and it's a weights and measures issue. Worked in a produce section for a few years as a fruit cutter.

you can wash the berries just run them under water and shake them. thats about as far as it goes. ive been a fruit cutter too. we never repackaged though, thats gross.

Not long ago I was zoning grocery I found several packages of expired bacon and salami and ham (like shit that was brown and had grey around the edges) and I dumped it into a cart and took it to guest services to deal with. The etl-log (who I've talked about before) was the closing LOD and he legit asked me why I was getting rid of all the bad meat instead of zoning. He was stI'll dismissive when I told him.
Sorry I don't want some salmonella outbreak at the store???

Not long ago I was zoning grocery I found several packages of expired bacon and salami and ham (like shit that was brown and had grey around the edges) and I dumped it into a cart and took it to guest services to deal with. The etl-log (who I've talked about before) was the closing LOD and he legit asked me why I was getting rid of all the bad meat instead of zoning. He was stI'll dismissive when I told him.
"Okay, boss, I'll just FIFO the expired meat to the front next time."

"Would you buy this? Also, for your information, I was zoning when I found it on the shelf."

you can wash the berries just run them under water and shake them. thats about as far as it goes. ive been a fruit cutter too. we never repackaged though, thats gross.

Yeah you're completely misinformed. Berries are not washed because then the shelf life would be less than a day.

Even if you allow them to dry afterwards?

Pretty much. I don't know why, but berries are so delicate, once they're washed, they should be consumed that day. Sometimes the strawberries come in with dirt stuck to them. We simply don't use those for fruit bowls, since they can't be washed.

Same for cakes. If you see a cake with strawberries on it as a garnish, that strawberry is unwashed. And on top of that, it's probably coated in a food gell to keep it fresh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back