Archived Leadership "planning"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Almost every morning after the store opens, sales floor and executive leadership meet at Starbucks to plan the day. They sit and drink coffee for an hour, "planning". This just seems like a long break to the team and other leadership too busy to go. Does your leadership do similar things in the morning?

We usually meet up at the line to scout out what needs to be done.

Freight behind? Let's get into an area and help out.
Clearance on the line? Its not going to sell from the back.
A ridiculous amount of backstock? Let's plan to blitz some of it out after AM backroom leaves. (so there's PDAs available)
Things like that.

This usually takes between 5 and 10 minutes. I can understand a weekly, hour long meeting.. But a daily meeting like that sounds like a lot of wasted time.

I can understand a short meeting to get everyone on the same page, but they just sit and chat mostly. I've heard other TLs say they don't have time to sit and drink coffee, so they don't go. It's kind of a real shitty thing to do to your team. It's fourth quarter, there is too much to do than waste an hour sitting around discussing. It also makes my leadership look super lazy.

I can understand a short meeting to get everyone on the same page, but they just sit and chat mostly. I've heard other TLs say they don't have time to sit and drink coffee, so they don't go. It's kind of a real shitty thing to do to your team. It's fourth quarter, there is too much to do than waste an hour sitting around discussing. It also makes my leadership look super lazy.
It sounds like they don't just look lazy. They are lazy.
Are their coffees requisition as well?

We usually walk around the store of touch base super quick as to what my plans are versus the ETL plans, and see what needs to be adjusted to make it run smoothly. I try to keep this planning to under 5 minutes, anything more gets annoying since I could be doing other tasks instead.

1 hour leadership meeting upstairs every Monday. Otherwise, it's a quick assessment of the store and off to work. And anyone who wants Starbucks from me is gonna have to pay. :rolleyes:

At my store we have ETL/TL breaks together. All the etls and team leads go on break together and it can turn into an hour.

My store does brand walks every morning . On Mondays the stl does an in depth walk with the leadership that is there. Other days the lod will just do a quick walk to see what needs to get done that day. I don't agree with our current stl on everything but I will say she knows her stuff. She makes all the etls take notes during their walks and assigns each of them things that need to be done that day and by the end of the week. They do have a meeting on Mondays but to be honest I don't mind that at all. I would rather have them behind closed doors so they are out of my way .

Almost every morning after the store opens, sales floor and executive leadership meet at Starbucks to plan the day. They sit and drink coffee for an hour, "planning". This just seems like a long break to the team and other leadership too busy to go. Does your leadership do similar things in the morning?
its at starbucks cause its early. do you have a problem if they had meeting off stage?

they dont get 15's/lunch. they usually work 10-12 hours days, and tons during this time of year.

its at starbucks cause its early. do you have a problem if they had meeting off stage?

they dont get 15's/lunch. they usually work 10-12 hours days, and tons during this time of year.
I would have a problem with that since it also involved TLs, took an hour every day, and looked like they were just sitting around chatting chatting.

My store has the LOD walk the store with whatever ETL is there and they look at things that need to get done and stop to talk to other workcenters to see how they are doing and what their workload is looking like for the day.

They have their off stage meetings too. I get that they have a lot of work and some of them are salaried and just work a lot. But the perception is, they sit there and waste time while the rest of the team is working hard. It's a bad perception. It's not boosting good will or morale among the team either.

I would have a problem with that since it also involved TLs, took an hour every day, and looked like they were just sitting around chatting chatting

ETLs work sixty hour weeks this time of year so I agree. However a TL works the same number of hours as TMS they should be working as soon as they clock in like the rest of us saving writing break schedules and getting direction for the TMs.

They have their off stage meetings too. I get that they have a lot of work and some of them are salaried and just work a lot. But the perception is, they sit there and waste time while the rest of the team is working hard. It's a bad perception. It's not boosting good will or morale among the team either.

Especially this time of year. Its one thing for an ETL to be lazy when things are slown in January. This time of year everyone is needed

My STL is helping our back room team and working 70 hour weeks right now since we have so much seasonal crap. Thats why ETLs amd STLs are paid so well.

ETLs work sixty hour weeks this time of year
The ETLs at my store are most definitely only working 50 hours (although the STL is doing 60-70), and I suspect my brand new ETL-LOG has already quit due to the stress of the past few weeks.

The ETLs at my store are most definitely only working 50 hours (although the STL is doing 60-70), and I suspect my brand new ETL-LOG has already quit due to the stress of the past few weeks.

Yeah I should have filed that under ASANTS I agree most of my etls are closer to 50 although I know my ETL Ops is coming in at 5 am and working until 330/4 to get our backroom under control about 5 days a week.

At my Store LOD does a Brand walk 30 mins before we open and then does another with the closing LOD when they come in. Sometimes the Sales Floor Leaders will join them, sometimes they won't

The ETLs sit and have a quick meeting, usually over coffee, everyday besides Mondays. It should take 20 minutes tops. Always a long meeting on Mondays, about 45 minutes to an hour. These meeting are very important, but shouldn't take too long. These time frames are straight from my DTL. TLs shouldn't be in on these meetings. One weekly status with their ETL for about 15 to 20 minutes is all they really need.

I love hearing

"LOD, what is your location?" - Some Team Member

"Uhh (sounding guilty), Starbucks" - Insert LOD

Especially this time of year. Its one thing for an ETL to be lazy when things are slown in January. This time of year everyone is needed

My STL is helping our back room team and working 70 hour weeks right now since we have so much seasonal crap. Thats why ETLs amd STLs are paid so well.
My STL just comes in to strictly executive manage...point out what's wrong, etc. Came in 3 hours before open on BF, left by midnight. Been in my backroom twice since I've been a TL.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back