Archived lp audit/void

Status
Not open for further replies.
did anyone notice this function missing from rf apps today? any idea where it went or when it will return?

did anyone notice this function missing from rf apps today? any idea where it went or when it will return?

I didn't try to use it, but license plates are on their way out. I'm not sure if the same app will be used to void the white labels or not. My guess is that the missing app was related to that somehow. Maybe it has already started for you guys, or maybe it was just a fluke while they prepare the software? I'll try and see if I can find it tomorrow...if I remember.

I didn't try to use it, but license plates are on their way out. I'm not sure if the same app will be used to void the white labels or not. My guess is that the missing app was related to that somehow. Maybe it has already started for you guys, or maybe it was just a fluke while they prepare the software? I'll try and see if I can find it tomorrow...if I remember.

???

???
License Plates are the green, yellow and red stickers for damage/defectives/chargebacks.

???
License Plates are the green, yellow and red stickers for damage/defectives/chargebacks.

Ohh how I remember those fondly from my time at Spot..

You are a test store for a new rollout. Audit void is gone now and so are LPs in select stores. You only get white stickers now but can still void them via the POS system. Search sharepoint for more information about it

I would never coach anyone about duplicate LPs because the person who gets the duplicate is hardly ever actually responsible. It's not their fault someone put a used LP back where it doesn't belong instead of voiding it

Winter Software Release launches 02/24 and does indeed wipe LP's out of our lives forever.

We are required to coach for duplicate license plates. Fact is, one fabulous GS TM is banned from the desk because she had THREE duplicates in ONE month. Oh the horror.

I suggested that it's impossible to pin the sin on any one TM, but our GE-ETL insists that we coach for it.

See I always view it as the person who gets the duplicate is not the problem. The problem is the person who scanned the LP and never put it on the item. But usually you don't know who that was

???

No I know what they are I meant this comment.

but license plates are on their way out. .

Thought they were trying to say something like license plates wont be used any more in the near future. Which I hope is true.

Thought they were trying to say something like license plates wont be used any more in the near future. Which I hope is true.

Yes, it is true. I saw a message saying they would disappear. It made it sound like they would just be gone one day. It didn't sound like we were a test store, so I'm guessing it was already tested? The feeling that I got was that it was being rolled out, but not as a part of a big software release or anything. We'll just have the white stickers now.

can someone explain the duplicate LP to me. I feel like i'm just missing something because i don't quite understand it when you guys talk about it.

can someone explain the duplicate LP to me. I feel like i'm just missing something because i don't quite understand it when you guys talk about it.

I've never flagged for it, so it confuses me a bit too, but what it means is that the same LP was used for two different items. Under certain circumstances (which is the part I can't explain) the system won't inform you that the LP has already been used. My APL told me that if you tried to use the LP twice in the same transaction it would stop you, but then, if you defected something out and used the same LP, it wouldn't know. I don't think this is true, as I have had it stop me before. So, like I said, I'm still a bit confused myself, but that's what it means!

that's what i didn't get because i've had the POS tell me so many times that an LP has been used. Our GSTM have a really bad habit of scanning the LP's while still on the pad and then putting them on the item.

I would love to see the LP's go away because i don't find a point for them. I actually find it more confusing because people try and sort defectives based off of the LP's vs the white labels.

When you scan it and it says "This license plate has already be used" it flags your numbers for the AP report for a duplicate license plate

When you scan it and it says "This license plate has already be used" it flags your numbers for the AP report for a duplicate license plate

Your reasoning makes more sense to me, but the reason AP gets involved, from my understanding, is that duplicate LPs cause shortage, and if action was blocked by that response, it wouldn't cause shortage at all.

Closed tonight, no LP audit/void on rf apps. I guess the software update went through today.

I haven't used LPA in years since I've stopped working Guest Service, but I was bringing a defect up front today on my way out and the GSTM was busy so I defected it myself. It was glass pitcher with the corner broken off. Not thinking about it, I left it green and had to use LPA to void it so I could redo it and override it. Worked just fine.

Okay here is how a duplicate license plate is caused and how it can cause shortage. Say your gstm returns a blender that is going back to crc and when they go to scan the LP they leave it on the pad and they think they scan license plate 1 but in reality they scan license plate 2. LP 1 is put on the blender and is put to go back to the CRC. Next transaction the gstm returns one of the nice sharp 60 inch tvs and it is going back to the CRC. They scan the LP for the TV while it is on the pad and they scan License Plate 2. They actually wanted to scan this one but since it is already tied to the blender the TV wont be tied to this LP. LP 2 is put on the TV but the LP says it should be a blender. Fast forward to when it gets to the CRC they aren't able to give the store the proper credits since the License plates were messed up which in turn causes shortage. This will all be a moot point soon enough because the process for license plates will be changing soon so duplicate license plates will be impossible.

If you scan the second LP and it was used for the blender wouldn't it say "this LP has been already used"?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back