Archived Making that money...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Started working at target about 3 months ago. Curious to know how much team leads, ETLs, and STL make? Just a general ballpark area. My location all the ETLs drive nicer cars (benz or BMW). Not saying the car you drive is any indication of your salary but they have to be going okay for themselves

You can get a decent used BMW/Benz these days for 15k or 200/month in probably any city. Some of the TMs at my store drive much better cars than the ETLs.

Last edited:
You can get a decent used BMW/Benz these days for 15k or 200/month in probably any city. Some of the TMs at my store drive much better cars than the ETLs.
Those TMs probably don't have children or many bills. Or paycheck to paycheck... or all of the above. I've seen a lot of younger TMs that drive more expensive cars than they should be with what they make... but that's just my opinion. I like saving my money and not blowing it all a few days after getting paid.

Truth in my city its easier to find a used BMW 3 series than it is to find a decent used civic. Become handy with a wrench and the parts budget becomes more reasonable. And us TM's can drive nicer cars sometimes cause we don't have to deal with student loans..

My ETL's all have BMW's and Mercedes, my STL had a Cadillac. Almost all of our team leads and team members drive beat up cars from the late 90's early 2000's.

Car driven really depends on the individual. My old store was in the suburbs and according to workbench the average income in the area was six figures.

A lot of our cashier's with rich techie husbands had nice cars. Most of my ETLs had regular Honda Toyota's. One TL had an expensive BMW. Nicest car in the store was a brand new BMW driven by a 17 year old hardlines tm.

He seemed like your typical spoiled kid but at least he has a job...

Without outing myself my STL drove a Toyota despite making 200K so yeah I wouldn't read too much into what someone drives.

As the old saying goes if you have a land rover and a landlord your priorities may be a little out of whack

My ETL's all have BMW's and Mercedes, my STL had a Cadillac. Almost all of our team leads and team members drive beat up cars from the late 90's early 2000's.

I haven't met a STL or ETL with a brand new car or let alone a luxury brand :eek:

I haven't met a STL or ETL with a brand new car or let alone a luxury brand :eek:
Most of the ETL's in my area from other stores that I know have some kind of new car. I cover at two other stores from time to time, a lot of their ETL's have new Fords and Hondas, other typical cars. But all a lot nicer than what we have!

One of the ETL's at my old store still lived with her parents despite making the ETL cash and drove a brand new mini Cooper.
I guess they were letting her stay until she paid off her college loans and considering what rent is like NJ that was understandable.
You can lease a decent enough car for less than you would think.

One of the ETL's at my old store still lived with her parents despite making the ETL cash and drove a brand new mini Cooper.
I guess they were letting her stay until she paid off her college loans and considering what rent is like NJ that was understandable.

Yeah I have a friend who is an stl living at home. She should save enough money to buy a million dollar home soon enough

Even as a HLTM making $10 an hour I could afford the lease on a brand new vehicle, but what would fuck me over is having full-coverage insurance, the mileage allotment, and the small charges they push on you over time.

It all depends on your priorities in life.

That and if you're married/in a stable relationship.

I'm thankful my bf put money down on a house for us and our mortgage it about $500 lower than the rent some of my TL's pay in the same area. We both just financed new hatchbacks with good gas mileage and even though we're living paycheck to paycheck right now hopefully in the next 5 years or so we'll have enough to really enjoy other things.

Also if you are in middle America you are bound to buy what your local mechanic can work on aka ford, Chevy, Toyota and Honda not some Audi or other make that parts and mechanics may not be easy to find.

None of the TLs/ETLs/STL drive luxury or even brand new cars. We have a couple of flow TMs who drive relatively new Volvos (more expensive than you might think), and a few TMs who drive nice trucks. But Target is not their primary source of income.

Nice cars aren't an indicator of anything at my store. The STL drives a five year old Chevy, while two members of the cleaning crew get dropped off in a brand new Cadillac every day.

Also keep in mind that people acquire cars in different ways.

I went from being car-less to inheriting a really nice vehicle after someone I knew passed away. I was able to take over the payments and get a nice vehicle for a fraction of the cost any other car would've cost me, just because they already had so much of it paid off.

There's NO WAY I could ever afford to have bought the car I'm driving under normal circumstances, so people who don't know the story behind it probably think I'm super irresponsible when that's not the case at all!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back