Archived Meal Compliance

Status
Not open for further replies.
The system doesn't differentiate between meal start and end work when it comes down to it. It's just an in/out punch. Or so I've heard an HRTM say; doing so shouldn't be a workaround for compliance, since the system would still show that 5/6 hours has passed from shift start to clocking out.

It's true that the system only counts it as a punch (myTime doesn't say what button you hit), but since you'll have a missing punch when you go to fix it you can put your "start meal" before you would've hit compliance.

The system doesn't differentiate between meal start and end work when it comes down to it. It's just an in/out punch. Or so I've heard an HRTM say; doing so shouldn't be a workaround for compliance, since the system would still show that 5/6 hours has passed from shift start to clocking out.

Oh, that's not what I meant. What the person told me to do if I ever realized I went into compliance was to just take the lunch without clocking in for it and, whenever I finished, to clock out for the meal like usual so that the system (or maybe HR, they weren't specific) would automatically fill in the gap.

Oh, that's not what I meant. What the person told me to do if I ever realized I went into compliance was to just take the lunch without clocking in for it and, whenever I finished, to clock out for the meal like usual so that the system (or maybe HR, they weren't specific) would automatically fill in the gap.
That would still let you hit compliance. The only way around it is if you realize you hit compliance less than 30 minutes ago, go clock in using "end meal," take your 30 minute lunch, and then go submit a punch correction for "start meal" 30 minutes before your end meal punch. The system shows you didn't hit compliance, you get your 30 minute lunch, everybody wins.

Huh, I should swap my "In Case of Compliance" tactic, then. Just in case I ever accidentally hit it again.

In hindsight, it probably wasn't best to take advice from someone who also said we can work as long as we want if we have low hours since Target has to pay us either way.

That would still let you hit compliance. The only way around it is if you realize you hit compliance less than 30 minutes ago, go clock in using "end meal," take your 30 minute lunch, and then go submit a punch correction for "start meal" 30 minutes before your end meal punch. The system shows you didn't hit compliance, you get your 30 minute lunch, everybody wins.
You could just not do a second ouch and hit end meal before your 30 is up

Like, if you come in a 6am, and take your break at 12:05, just hit end meal at 12:25 and do a punch correction for 11:55

My store is almost always at green compliance bc they have break cards for the cashiers to put on their registers, salesfloor TMs have their lunch times on the grid and Redwire has alerts for whomever is in danger of missing compliance...the LOD will get on the walkie and tell them to go to lunch immediately.

How many times have you guys compliance if any?
Is it really, really a $10k fine!?
No. It's a myth. Maybe a few states have a law like that, but the overwhelmingly vast majority do not.
It's just a Target HR policy.

Last edited:
You could just not do a second ouch and hit end meal before your 30 is up

Like, if you come in a 6am, and take your break at 12:05, just hit end meal at 12:25 and do a punch correction for 11:55
Yeah but that would require you to go up to the time clock 20 minutes into your lunch and then go sit back down for 10 more minutes. It looks weird if anyone sees you do it (my time clock is literally attached to the HRTM's desk).

Our store threatened us saying that if we hit compliance we will not be scheduled past 4 hours. Not sure if it ever came to pass but they seemed serious about it.

Our store threatened us saying that if we hit compliance we will not be scheduled past 4 hours. Not sure if it ever came to pass but they seemed serious about it.

Or people just call out cause 4hrs isn't worth the gas.. Once in a while when asked I will do it, but its got to be six hours or longer or it just does not make money sense for me.

Wear a watch

I refuse to wear a watch, I have smashed a couple of nice Fossil watches and that gets expensive to fix. I found they kept getting smashed on shelves as I would stock or zone so I just wear them outside of work. Same as if I work on my cars, all rings, watches and necklaces get taken off or under clothing that can't snag.

I refuse to wear a watch, I have smashed a couple of nice Fossil watches and that gets expensive to fix. I found they kept getting smashed on shelves as I would stock or zone so I just wear them outside of work.

I feel sorta the same way, sorta. On one hand, I feel completely naked without a watch on my wrist, which is why I have a "rotation" of two rather expensive ($200+) Orient watches. On the other hand, since I'm primarily backroom, they're both at high risk of something bad happening to them. Thankfully nothing has actually happened to them, but I fear the day that an accident will happen. So far the most they've really suffered is wrist sweat damage on the leather straps.

I wear my watch with the dial on the inside of my wrist.

I'm insane, I tellya!!!

I wear my watch with the dial on the inside of my wrist.

I'm insane, I tellya!!!
It actually makes sense. Keeps glare from making it hard to read.

My store encourages phones. It's not that hard to be honest. Unless you can wiggle free at a moments notice (sales floor, cashier and receiver don't have that luxury) you should take it well before.

Imo no excuse to ever hit. I have clocked out with one minute to go 3 times.

We also have a flow TL who notoriously takes his lunch during compliance after his fifth hour but then punch corrects or doesn't put punches to make it look like he didnt hit compliance.

Well I have had 8 am tms punch out for lunch at 1:05. Then not punch back in at 1:36. My ETL HR tells me to say they punched out at 12:34.

Edit just saw SFSFun post and it's spot on.

This is not a good idea. You are better off not ending end meal at all. Sometimes if someone takes a short meal (also a violation) the computer locks them into it and you can't change it.

I refuse to wear a watch, I have smashed a couple of nice Fossil watches and that gets expensive to fix. I found they kept getting smashed on shelves as I would stock or zone so I just wear them outside of work. Same as if I work on my cars, all rings, watches and necklaces get taken off or under clothing that can't snag.

I wear a $20 watch and it has survived the warehouse for quite some time. Don't wear expensive watches to work.

Yeah then you catch it on all the boxes you just stocked and knock them all over as you pull your arm out of the back of the shelf.

That's unfortunate.
Never been a problem for me and I stack thousands of boxes a day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back