1. The Break Room is NOT an official service of Target Corp.
    This is a site run by regular people who are off the clock.
    We do not perform any HR related services, or affect any internal information regarding Target.
    Dismiss Notice

Merit raises and bottom line increase

Discussion in 'I'm Lost!' started by Sellinz, Jan 6, 2018.

1. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

CA should be 25 to 50 cents above the starting wage.

Anyone have a problem with that???
    WonderKart and aronoiiel like this.
  2. aronoiiel

aronoiiel Team Member

Oh heck no they should get a full on dollar given all the ridiculous crap you end up doing.
  3. Amanda Cantwell

Amanda Cantwell Guest Service & Photo

CA +50 GS +25
    starfishncoffee and Dog like this.
  4. Kartman

Kartman Gimme Moar Ours!

Now if ONLY Spot would listen to ya'll two!!!
  5. SFSFun

SFSFun Ship from Store: Don't call it Ship To Store!!

You should tell your ETL that running orientation is above your paygrade.
    signingminion likes this.
  6. Yetive

Yetive Servant of 2 Masters

100%. I think ETL or SrTL is supposed to do orientations.
  7. sprinklesontop

sprinklesontop Expert Retail Whore

We are ONLY hiring those w/ previous A&A experience. That's WHY we offer a higher pay rate...... we are paying for "talent". Either your store is desperate to fill the positions...... or they like shooting themselves in the foot. And while I think it's important that they have experience.... it's also no excuse to "waive" their training. We have a few newbies (4+weeks) that still haven't finished their A&A Training yet.
    Yetive likes this.
  8. GlitterBerries

GlitterBerries Salesfloor Ninja

I'm salesfloor and I know how to pull pogs,research, and cafs, I know how to backstock, ship from store and in store pick up, I know how to research, zone and back up cashier, price change and salvage, do resets and plano.. At our store softlines takes anything that's salvage to guest service.. I get it's weird in softlines to planogram and stuff but not any harder knowing what all I know and most of the hardlines tms know to merit them making more
  9. pellinore

pellinore Ho hum....I'm watching you!

I'm only telling you this crap because this is what I've gotten from HR & STL.
    GlitterBerries likes this.
  10. imared

imared The HR life for me

I have tried. "It's now your role." My ETL hasn't done an orientation in over a year. My STL also supports me doing orientations so I can't go to them.
    signingminion likes this.
  11. imared

I know that. You know that. My ETL and STL simply don't care.
    SFSFun likes this.
  12. imared

I'll take desperate for $1000 Alex! We have a hard time filling positions so its a matter of getting people in the door. If they are qualified that's a bonus.
    aronoiiel and signingminion like this.
  13. spotlife

spotlife Team Member

Reach out to HRBP if it bothers you that much but I wouldn't say it's worth it. My HRTM used to do it and would just find ways to make it fun and exciting for her and the newbies
    sprinklesontop likes this.
  14. Anelmi

Anelmi Team Trainer

The majority of our defect bin is softlines. Sometimes so much, it's overflowing into other bins.
  15. signingminion

signingminion WAVing in the air like I just don't care

Mine still does them too. It is what it is.
    imared likes this.
  16. GlitterBerries

GlitterBerries Salesfloor Ninja

Yeah that isn't the case at our store unfortunately lol
  17. JasminVargas

JasminVargas Guest

I used to work in softlines and it is literally the hardest job except for the back room. And at one point the headlines team had to help us and they said and I quote, " I hate softlines it's too much."
  18. Sloth

Sloth Market

It really does seem like a nightmare to work softlines. Having done SFS a few times, it's always the area that I have trouble with. Always. The backrooms and hardlines are super easy, but when softlines comes up, it's like running into a wall. I guess it's not so bad once you've worked there for a while and just know where things are, but outside of that it's a huge pain.
  19. imared

If I approach the HRBP it'll be seen as going against the leadership and I've seen leadership turn on team members. Not worth it. I can still complain about it here though, can't I? ;)