Archived Military Discount !@@

Status
Not open for further replies.
People like to lie to save a few dollars.

imposibru.jpg

I guess I'm pretty meh about people lying for the discount. It's not like Target won't do anything it can to save a buck. See, modernization. Why should guests be expected to act differently? Should they? No. But, markets and the almighty dollar are always going to cause immoral behavior.

Working retail over the years I’ve seen so many liars, cheats, thieves and scammers that I pretty much expect that type of thing, but someone who lies about being military or a veteran to save 10% at Target (or for any other reason) is lowdown enough to walk under a snake’s belly standing up without knocking off his/her hat. Jerks.

Working retail over the years I’ve seen so many liars, cheats, thieves and scammers that I pretty much expect that type of thing, but someone who lies about being military or a veteran to save 10% at Target (or for any other reason) is lowdown enough to walk under a snake’s belly standing up without knocking off his/her hat. Jerks.
Yeah it’s a delicate situation. You don’t want people taking advantage of the system. But it feels weird asking veterans to verify their military status.

While I’m sure there will be a few that will take advantage, I don’t think there’s a enough people that scummy to hurt Target financially

Yeah it’s a delicate situation. You don’t want people taking advantage of the system. But it feels weird asking veterans to verify their military status.

While I’m sure there will be a few that will take advantage, I don’t think there’s a enough people that scummy to hurt Target financially

I would never ask for verification because I would never want to take a chance of insulting someone who was military or a veteran, even to catch a scammer. I don’t think scammers take advantage of the military offer enough to hurt Target’s bottom line either. It just ticks me off that people claim to be military or veterans when they are not.

I may be remembering wrong, but I thought that the coupon page last year said that they may be asked for ID in store.

I noticed on the site they were talking about Veterans who were Target TMs... curious if they can use both discounts at the same time.

Since there are scammers that is probably why they do the discount for limited dates. This way they can thank our Veterans and the scammers won't be able to scam for very long.

I noticed on the site they were talking about Veterans who were Target TMs... curious if they can use both discounts at the same time.

I don’t see why not. It’s a category coupon so it should physically work with your TM discount.

look if you are such a low life to lie about having served in the military for getting 10% off I literally don’t even respect you enough to use my breath arguing about it
Wasn't saying I was going to do it. I just think it's a shame that so many people will take advantage of it (it's already posted on all the deal sites that no ID is required), especially when most places that have a military discount do ask for ID and nobody gets "offended".

Wasn't saying I was going to do it. I just think it's a shame that so many people will take advantage of it (it's already posted on all the deal sites that no ID is required), especially when most places that have a military discount do ask for ID and nobody gets "offended".
oh no sorry I didn't mean you as in you specifically I meant you as in a guest

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back