MEGATHREAD myDay app

Wasn't sure if I should post here or make a new thread, but a question about how priority pulls work.

Say there's an item that has 5 on the floor, a capacity of 10, and 5 in the back. It should produce a priority fill for the 1(5). If I adjust the capacity to 5, does it drop out of the fill batch, or does it have to get pulled and rebackstocked?

Edit: spelling

Wasn't sure if I should post here or make a new thread, but a question about how priority pulls work.

Say there's an item that has 5 on the floor, a capacity of 10, and 5 in the back. It should produce a priority fill for the 1(5). If I adjust the capacity to 5, does it drop out of the fill batch, or does it have to get pulled and rebackstocked?

Edit: spelling

It should drop out of the batch. I've done that many times with Bullseye Playground items.

For the most part "nCapacity - nFloor = nPriorities", there's instances though were things get stuck in priorities though so you HAVE to burn it to clear it out.

This is okay but heavily relies on the two things that are the most incorrect all the time, capacities, and floor counts. I used to preach the gospel about updating capacities, but tying POG's constantly reset custom capacities, causing priorities to inflate to absurd levels. My new way of thinking is to always just max out the floor count to whatever the capacities are set to. If a POG believes that 384 of this Colleen Hoover book fits, and the floor is full, I am setting the floor count to 384. This way, when a new POG comes out, that wants to reset custom capacities to 384, nothing ends up in the pulls again.

This kind of simulates my perfect system that would be that there are no capacities and floor counts, just a system that for every event of an item being removed from the floor, one is added to the priorities. For example, a guest purchase, flex items that are not pulled from back room, shipt, defect, etc. This way it does not matter what the floor count or capacities are.

This does mean that EXF button needs to return, to fix any oddities where things go missing or don't reach the floor, like theft, or malicious team members not pushing fully.

Last edited:
@gracefulfillment's question reminds me of something I've seen recently. Say the floor capacity is 12, there are 10 on the floor. That's not empty enough to be flagged for a pull, yet the system will have me pull 2 of the many in back to fill it up.
It's more frequent than a glitchy one-off. Anyone else see this happening?

I want the ability to batch print with a HIP printer. I would like the ability to set which label type I want and just scan what I want and when I select print it asks me how many for that label. I then would tell it to print the labels all at once. I would select what aisle(s) I'm in before so it knows the only print those locations if it's dually located.
I hate wasting a sheet of 8.5x11 labels from the printer and depending on how many labels I have to print, this method would be faster

I want the ability to batch print with a HIP printer. I would like the ability to set which label type I want and just scan what I want and when I select print it asks me how many for that label. I then would tell it to print the labels all at once. I would select what aisle(s) I'm in before so it knows the only print those locations if it's dually located.
I hate wasting a sheet of 8.5x11 labels from the printer and depending on how many labels I have to print, this method would be faster
you can do that now on a hip printer.

I don’t even know if this is possible, but it would be cool if when you scan the barcode on the register to sign in, you can just ring out the guest with your Zebra. That opens the door to more functionality too, like maybe being able to price match right on the Zebra as you’re scanning items, or looking up items without tags. It would be cool if Target used AI and the Zebra’s camera to identify objects without barcodes, but that’s probably further down in the future.

I don’t even know if this is possible, but it would be cool if when you scan the barcode on the register to sign in, you can just ring out the guest with your Zebra. That opens the door to more functionality too, like maybe being able to price match right on the Zebra as you’re scanning items, or looking up items without tags. It would be cool if Target used AI and the Zebra’s camera to identify objects without barcodes, but that’s probably further down in the future.
MyCheckouts work. Only way the standard ones can take payments is via Target Wallet or if they have NFC then they can take cards. Can’t take physical red cards without a card reader

Not at my store lol
That’s the only POS that the PML works on. Ask them to help. Also the printer needs to be in PDF mode and it uses special paper NOT the ones the regular registers use.

Get those fixed ASAP as they can work when your regular POS goes down. They also have an LTE backup

My checkout are used at my store. We text the slip & don’t use printer.

Why did they remove the ability to see where your priority percentage is for the day? For a metric we're being graded against, it seems kind of silly for the devs to remove the ability to see where you're at.

Luckily, our district leaders think priority % should be natural and not gamed (i.e. yoinking all your priorities at the end of the day and fucking over inbound), but this change seems counterintuitive, no?

Why the hell did we get rid of the Google keyboard? I hate the new one
I'm having to slow down when checking in vendors. I know I tap 1 and 2 for 12 qty. Only the 1 registers. Same problem while keying in the invoice numbers. I know I keyed in every digit but not all of them are showing.
You really have to have more of touch contact on the screen. I'm having to really look at everything as I'm keying it in.

some hybrid of licensing and people changing the background most likely lol
The licensing problem was for updating apps, like Chrome. Google didn't let them update without purchasing some kind of license, so they had to wait for new operating system updates that just come with the updated apps.

The keyboard is 100% because of the changing of the background though, I was told. They are already annoyed at the Zebra keyboard because they take too long to implement stuff that Target wants.

I suggested the open source version of Gboard, OpenBoard, and they were interested in it, so maybe if we complain enough.

Why does the new keyboard have such a long delay in between entering numbers? Why does nobody test these things before forcing them on everyone?

Also it's gonna be real fun now whenever a guest asks me where some medication is, and there's no word suggestion so it's going to take me 10 times to figure out how it's spelled. Efficiency!

Back