MEGATHREAD myDay app

There's a store nearby me that's IGS, and it looks weird. They have Registers 1-4 as IGS. They have a little tiny space behind the registers for abandons and whatnot. Registry/Photo (formerly) is off to the side in its own area, which could probably fit a Service Desk.
Here’s a example pic of the store in question:
I think its pretty cool in concept but GS gets RAILED way too hard at once for that to be useful for checkout. just throw some self-checkouts there call it a day.

I was scanning repackage/online only barcodes today to mark them down further since it wasn't selling and kept getting an error message. That function has been a bit glitchy the past couple weeks, but today it completely didn't work. Anyone else experience this? I didn't see a place on Chatbot to report the issue.
Man, you mark stuff down more than once? I get an error when marking down, straight to salvage it goes. Already-marked-down stuff sticks around too long? Straight to salvage.

Ain't nobody got room to keep online stuff sitting around forever.

I was scanning repackage/online only barcodes today to mark them down further since it wasn't selling and kept getting an error message. That function has been a bit glitchy the past couple weeks, but today it completely didn't work. Anyone else experience this? I didn't see a place on Chatbot to report the issue.
Yes this happened to me yesterday and again today. If it keeps happening then I agree with @IWishIKnew , I'm going to start salvaging.

Do I need to do an inventory audit of a back room location if something is there, both in the system and physically sitting on the back room shelf, but I get an error when I try to "take" it from that location?
This happened to me yesterday when I didn't really have time to think it through - already past my scheduled out time - plus I was annoyed about it because someone keeps using my back room space instead of their own when they have plenty, just seems that my space is more convenient. And being a bit of a control freak, I don't like it when someone else uses my space! ;-)

Do I need to do an inventory audit of a back room location if something is there, both in the system and physically sitting on the back room shelf, but I get an error when I try to "take" it from that location?
This happened to me yesterday when I didn't really have time to think it through - already past my scheduled out time - plus I was annoyed about it because someone keeps using my back room space instead of their own when they have plenty, just seems that my space is more convenient. And being a bit of a control freak, I don't like it when someone else uses my space! ;-)
Auditing might fix the location but usually we'd like to hear about these instances via an incident or a Chatbot

I had someone else using my backroom space for a bit. I just kept locu'ing all their shit out and dumping it on their truck vehicles until they got the message.

I had someone else using my backroom space for a bit. I just kept locu'ing all their shit out and dumping it on their truck vehicles until they got the message.
Found some more stuff today - basically a chemical (for body use, not cleaning, but still) in space where I stow cough & cold medicine (also a chemical, sure, but for ingestion and they shouldn't be sharing space). Removed it and left it with a note to tell whoever is doing it to stop it. We'll see if that helps. The thing that bugs me about it is that no one on the Beauty team is new, so I'm clueless about who it is.

Does myday not have the option to skip a dual location when auditing? I know it use to create a batch but I don't see that anymore.

This has been happening for me too. The barcodes still scan on the register though.

Does myday not have the option to skip a dual location when auditing? I know it use to create a batch but I don't see that anymore.
I normally don't open but if i recall correctly it goes by Isile. So lets say you have something on D20 and there is location on Q2 it just goes through all of D then all of Q

Oh I don't know how to recreate but sometimes the new offline defective labels don't scan properly in myDay
If you mean print something that never printed, when you can the item, go to the three dots in the corner and go to whatever sounds like reprint and then just select the item. It would set it to the exact same defect as you did. You should be doing a defect label per item, each barcode lines up to an entry in myday (scan the label and see the details). The reprint option is important for when you need to reprint a label that the GS printer didn't do right.

If you mean print something that never printed, when you can the item, go to the three dots in the corner and go to whatever sounds like reprint and then just select the item. It would set it to the exact same defect as you did. You should be doing a defect label per item, each barcode lines up to an entry in myday (scan the label and see the details). The reprint option is important for when you need to reprint a label that the GS printer didn't do right.

No, defective offline slips are different. While they do print out when there's printer connection issues/offline/not connected to one, nothing has been defected yet of one has printed, so there would be no option to reprint the slip as it hasn't happened. The defect isn't processed until the offline slip is scanned and processed. The offline slip holds all the information. If the slip won't scan, you have to re-defect it. When you scan the slip on myDay, it will pre-fill the information for you and all you have to do is hit the (print? defect? item remove? sorry, can't remember off the top of my head) button to defect it and print the sticker. It's also the only way to have the options "POS" for location found and "Guest Return" for defect reason.

whAT !??????? I just thought they never brought this feature to myDay!!!!!

Also, I miss the old myStore app you could get on your phone. Such a shame Spot killed it.

No, defective offline slips are different. While they do print out when there's printer connection issues/offline/not connected to one, nothing has been defected yet of one has printed, so there would be no option to reprint the slip as it hasn't happened. The defect isn't processed until the offline slip is scanned and processed. The offline slip holds all the information. If the slip won't scan, you have to re-defect it. When you scan the slip on myDay, it will pre-fill the information for you and all you have to do is hit the (print? defect? item remove? sorry, can't remember off the top of my head) button to defect it and print the sticker. It's also the only way to have the options "POS" for location found and "Guest Return" for defect reason.
Ah yes. I've had to do that when I decided to return something in Tech, and not make someone to go Guest Services. I just took the offline slip, scanned it into MyDay and printed a label and went on with my day.

whAT !??????? I just thought they never brought this feature to myDay!!!!!

Also, I miss the old myStore app you could get on your phone. Such a shame Spot killed it.
I didn't know about it until one of the GS TM told me when I was training on GS. I was like, da f**k? I got so annoyed when the new POS didn't send something to the printer (well, the Old POS didn't do it sometimes as well, so fff.) This is so helpful when defecting stuff in the back of the store, because I can just walk from Tech to Receiving and take care of things without going to GS, and with any system, sometimes things don't always print out.

It will tell you if no ticket was required, if you do this process. It doesn't have to be the same item you are defecting, scan anything and you can get to the menu that allows you to see things you have defected and to be able to pull a label for that defect. I tend to do this because when I am doing something that I need to bag and seal, I put a defect label on the item and on the bag - you can sometimes do this with reprint, but if myDay crashes (which it does often). you can go reprint it, without needing a whole new entry.

@Sarakiel @SamSepiol

There's a weird bug I notice for awhile now. I'm not sure if it's the strips/labels displaying the wrong barcode or myday being buggy but when you scan certain item, it will cause an error and take you to the item removal page. When I type in the DPCI the product page is fine.

I see this error a lot in the hair accessories POG.

@Sarakiel @SamSepiol

There's a weird bug I notice for awhile now. I'm not sure if it's the strips/labels displaying the wrong barcode or myday being buggy but when you scan certain item, it will cause an error and take you to the item removal page. When I type in the DPCI the product page is fine.

I see this error a lot in the hair accessories POG.
It's a issue with the upcs. They look like item removal barcodes. It's being looked at.

They added food ordering! I will say though it does feel a little cold outside for august......

All that's left of rusty myWork is mispicks which really shouldn't take them tooooooo long....... in theory....

Lately myDay has been really buggy with scanning on the Scan screen for me. Several times a day I have to completely restart the app because that screen dies and any scans are not registered and it just sits there as if nothing has been scanned. Nothing seems to fix it besides restarting the app.
It's been glitchy for me too. Have to close it and reopen a few times a shift lately.

Back