MEGATHREAD myDay app

They used to send out surveys after every big transition reset. I really miss those. I’d like to send them an answer to a survey right now and tell them how much I think the toy flex pogs are stupid after we just set toys. My toy aisles are so full right now I don’t have any room to flex in the brand-new pogs. But they must be tied in to be green on the metric so therefore I tie them and then spend forever changing all of the capacities to zero. Why didn’t they just clearance all the discontinue toys before the set so then we weren’t still sitting on them?
This. I have the same problem. I don't understand these flex pogs.

And don't get me started on how salvage should happen the same week as a reset so we don't have to fill endcaps with clearance/discode for weeks on end until it finally salvages and we can then set the endcaps. (But this isn't the right thread for that so I won't.)

This. I have the same problem. I don't understand these flex pogs.

And don't get me started on how salvage should happen the same week as a reset so we don't have to fill endcaps with clearance/discode for weeks on end until it finally salvages and we can then set the endcaps. (But this isn't the right thread for that so I won't.)

why does this sound familiar????

oh, wait.
-- Jul 13, 2017 --

They used to send out surveys after every big transition reset. I really miss those. I’d like to send them an answer to a survey right now and tell them how much I think the toy flex pogs are stupid after we just set toys. My toy aisles are so full right now I don’t have any room to flex in the brand-new pogs. But they must be tied in to be green on the metric so therefore I tie them and then spend forever changing all of the capacities to zero. Why didn’t they just clearance all the discontinue toys before the set so then we weren’t still sitting on them?
They updated the reporting in Greenfield, flexpogs no longer count toward completion. The message is on the greenfield card for reference.

I completely disagree with the premise of this.

There are little nuances that TMs won't waste their time reporting but engineers should be aware of. I also think they could benefit from visiting stores because ASANTS-- they may see things they didn't expect. Also, I know that they do read surveys, but as of now, they have no way to respond to them for clarification if needed.

Ultimately, until the people making the software have to use the software, there will always be quality of life issues.

"the people who make the software don't use the software" describes like..........every single industry and maker of software in the world across just about every field. the world gets on fine and so will target

"the people who make the software don't use the software" describes like..........every single industry and maker of software in the world across just about every field. the world gets on fine and so will target
You're right that stores aren't falling apart because of the problems. But things could be made much smoother and productivity improved with not a whole lot more effort on Target's part. Just because it's a widespread problem doesn't mean companies shouldn't try to fix it.

And in response to your last post, I never said they should go all around the country nor would there be any need to. There's plenty of stores around Minneapolis for them to visit.

What? This may be a bold assumption… but I’m pretty sure the people who make iOS… use iOS on a daily basis. Same goes for most apps…

What? This may be a bold assumption… but I’m pretty sure the people who make iOS… use iOS on a daily basis. Same goes for most apps…
the people who make autocad do not use autocad every day because they aren’t engineers. the people who make photoshop do not use photoshop the same way their target market does. the list goes on

ios is not an app; it’s an operating system. kind of a false equivalence there!

You're right that stores aren't falling apart because of the problems. But things could be made much smoother and productivity improved with not a whole lot more effort on Target's part. Just because it's a widespread problem doesn't mean companies shouldn't try to fix it.

And in response to your last post, I never said they should go all around the country nor would there be any need to. There's plenty of stores around Minneapolis for them to visit.

they do visit stores in minneapolis, and frequently

they deploy software to one store and test it in the field before expanding the pilots

Here how about this. Spot can add a list of “want to give some feedback?” list some of the key points you want and why and if it’s important enough have a video conference with them.

Or even better? Just join a list where you can have feedback.

literally EXACT same situation yesterday. was so irritated. i just audited the whole waco lmao.
I do this all the time to fix myday issues, plus my coworkers are idiots and don't always scan things out.
The myDay team always takes away things that makes our job easier.. they need people that have worked in a store working on the app.

So for the longest time when you were backstocking you could scan an item then a location with quantity and if you need to put more of that same item in another open-stock location just scan another Waco without having to rescan the item again. Now they took that away so you have to scan the item again between each and every backroom location. Can someone help me understand why this change was made?
Wait, what? I loved that feature...

The myDay team always takes away things that makes our job easier.. they need people that have worked in a store working on the app.

So for the longest time when you were backstocking you could scan an item then a location with quantity and if you need to put more of that same item in another open-stock location just scan another Waco without having to rescan the item again. Now they took that away so you have to scan the item again between each and every backroom location. Can someone help me understand why this change was made?
to be fair. as nice as that feature was i think it was unintentional. BUT say it wasn’t. i understand why they took it away. even if you scanned something incorrectly. say you BS something then you grab another item and BS it too. BUT you scanned the wrong barcode., electronics has this issue a lot. it will backstock the last successful barcode. meaning inventory is inaccurate now.

Since Classic POS is on its final days and doesn’t have much longer anyone have any info on when myWork is being fully retired and removed from the device?

That has to be soon as well, correct?

mispicks and food order
The food order on MyDay was supposed to happen last August, if I'm not mistaken. I wonder WTF happened. Also, around that time, they launched a new way to coupon the meat (maybe just some stores? I'm not sure), printing out a big clearance sticker with the Zerba printer instead of using the coupon sticker roll. Of course, it took three times as long to use the printer, which I pray is why they decided to get rid of it and never bring it back. Any inside info on these two things?

Seems like the feature to autolog people into the phones has been added to myday. My SD has me select everything in myday so I can do one for ones everywhere - guess that means it'll log me into the phones for everywhere - joy!

Can they just fix alerts so they go off every time a recall drops in? I think I get them about 50% of the time and I'm guessing TL's don't get them either and don't think to check every so often so when I come in the next morning there are often missed recalls.

Seems like the feature to autolog people into the phones has been added to myday. My SD has me select everything in myday so I can do one for ones everywhere - guess that means it'll log me into the phones for everywhere - joy!
do you have to open the phone app for it to activate or? I'm usually signed into GM as well as flex but I didn't notice any calls today... maybe we just didn't receive any?

Back