MEGATHREAD myDay app

Seems like the feature to autolog people into the phones has been added to myday. My SD has me select everything in myday so I can do one for ones everywhere - guess that means it'll log me into the phones for everywhere - joy!
This must be why I kept getting signed into HR and AP, lol. I forgot this was rolling out and kept toggling it to just GM and Leader

I’m always signed in under Electronics and Entertainment as my area in myDay so all the numbers and info on the main screen are tailored to those areas, which is great. But I frequently need to go and do a task for another department (pull, price change, audit etc) which requires changing my work area to gain access.

wouldn’t it be nice when in a specific task section (item fill, audit, price change) to have the option up in the corner to “show all”? That way I could jump into a one time task for another area and when finished wouldn’t have to switch my work area around again.

I’m always signed in under Electronics and Entertainment as my area in myDay so all the numbers and info on the main screen are tailored to those areas, which is great. But I frequently need to go and do a task for another department (pull, price change, audit etc) which requires changing my work area to gain access.
Me too. Sadly though, this means we are now signed into GM on the phones lol.

On behalf of GS… the more people signed in to diff locations the better, so we don’t have to answer non GS calls.
Actually, now that the phones are signed into I use the transfer to dept function more.

Funny thing is, before the auto-login, In electronics, we always get calls like "You guys are the only ones that answer, can you get me to GS" I normally just put it on 2282 and just walkie it but them but is they take too long it goes back to the original dept. So I answer again and they ask the same thing and I just say " Oh they didn't pickup? Lemme go yell at them really quick. Please hold"

Actually, now that the phones are signed into I use the transfer to dept function more.

Funny thing is, before the auto-login, In electronics, we always get calls like "You guys are the only ones that answer, can you get me to GS" I normally just put it on 2282 and just walkie it but them but is they take too long it goes back to the original dept. So I answer again and they ask the same thing and I just say " Oh they didn't pickup? Lemme go yell at them really quick. Please hold"
Because they are not logged in the phones.

like I literally have no clue how to use the mydevice phone app (and I'd like to keep it that way :))
So easy.

The only thing that is a bit strange to grasp is putting a call on like 2280.

You hit transfer and if you want it on 2280 you put the call on 2180 or if you want to call to be on 2282 you hit transfer and put 2182 etc

Really? Anyone working GS at my store is required to be logged in.

How many landline phones do you have at your Service Desk? We have 2 and there’s no need to use the Zebra Phone for GS, besides when someone transfers a DU call to DU, which only a few TMs at GS do.

We have one landline phone but a lot of guests call GS first. It's a lot easier to answer a zebra phone call than go to the desk phone...at least in my store.

We have one landline phone but a lot of guests call GS first. It's a lot easier to answer a zebra phone call than go to the desk phone...at least in my store.

How many people work GS a day on average at your store? We have like 5-7 people work SD and like 15-20 for OPU/DU, which had its own Order Pickup workcenter and not Service Advocate. And there’s always someone at the desk at all times. Also, the Zebra Phones barely work half time time for me at least, with the guests unable to hear a thing I say.

i feel like IGS is good (in theory) WITHOUT drive up. But I haven’t actually ever seen an IGS store.

There's a store nearby me that's IGS, and it looks weird. They have Registers 1-4 as IGS. They have a little tiny space behind the registers for abandons and whatnot. Registry/Photo (formerly) is off to the side in its own area, which could probably fit a Service Desk.
Here’s a example pic of the store in question:
AF1QipOZvdvpqVhtskPkttxMaiu0xsUjQxx2qjj5zyqw

What does IGS stand for?
I hate the phone and not just at Target. I don't like talking on my own phone and I don't like it at work either. I really don't like answering calls outside my own area, which I sometimes have to do if the TM for an adjoining area isn't picking up, because I don't know those areas and often find out later that I provided incorrect information. Had too many jobs in the past where the first thing on the list of duties was to answer the phone for the whole office and I've enough of it to last the rest of my life and then some.
So to find out that I'm automatically logged in was not a happy moment. More like, "Really? Ug." I keep the volume turned very low so don't even hear it most of the time.

How many people work GS a day on average at your store? We have like 5-7 people work SD and like 15-20 for OPU/DU, which had its own Order Pickup workcenter and not Service Advocate. And there’s always someone at the desk at all times. Also, the Zebra Phones barely work half time time for me at least, with the guests unable to hear a thing I say.

When guests can't hear me on the zebra I use, I switch it to speakerphone and then they can hear me fine.

What does IGS stand for?

Integrated Guest Service

What does IGS stand for?
I hate the phone and not just at Target. I don't like talking on my own phone and I don't like it at work either. I really don't like answering calls outside my own area, which I sometimes have to do if the TM for an adjoining area isn't picking up, because I don't know those areas and often find out later that I provided incorrect information. Had too many jobs in the past where the first thing on the list of duties was to answer the phone for the whole office and I've enough of it to last the rest of my life and then some.
So to find out that I'm automatically logged in was not a happy moment. More like, "Really? Ug." I keep the volume turned very low so don't even hear it most of the time.
IGS is integrated guest service.

I was scanning repackage/online only barcodes today to mark them down further since it wasn't selling and kept getting an error message. That function has been a bit glitchy the past couple weeks, but today it completely didn't work. Anyone else experience this? I didn't see a place on Chatbot to report the issue.

Back