MEGATHREAD myDay app

This I could actually see as being helpful especially if you could clear alerts/be in store mode from mydevice.
Especially if you need to call someone else up to help with a problem like needing to get more cash.
We (all TM's or at least checkout people, AP, SD security, ETL Service & Engagement and anyone else who falls into similar categories) should see the amount of each bill and coin in each machine

It can also help if multiple issues are happening at once so more people know to come up and help.

Hopefully inflation forces them to use them.
Or guests keep complaining about prices being incorrect and having to scan the item to confirm the price

Guests can never complain about an incorrect price ever again with these and we don't have to deal with them asking for the posted price. Less time wasted which means more money for Target

There should be a section in MyDay where anyone who sees a price that is incorrect on the sales should scan the item and mark where it is and what the current price is and the system makes a list of how many and how long it has been since the item was that price. The TM should also have the ability to say that a guest asked what the price of X item is so that corporate knows how off the prices are.

As in shopping carts? That would require in incredibly large amount of work to develop, compared to how much effort it takes a TM to walk over to the entrance door(s) and see if there's carts there or not.
To know if the carts are in the store or not. If a store has 1000 carts with 995 inside and 5 outside how could a TM see that from the doors? Assuming that they can't see a single cart from where they are and there is no communication via walkies about the carts.

I'm not sure what the use of this would be, I've never been in a situation where I've needed to send another TM a picture, and I guarantee 99% of the usage of such a feature would be TMs taking selfies.
Showing AP where packaging of a stolen item is located.
Price tags that need to be fixed. How messy a section is if you're told to organize it by the end of your shift and know you will not finish. The main culprit is seasonal and toys.
Help someone in the back find an item for a guest
Locked items that are unlocked

Lines at checkout so everyone knows how backed up it is and how fast to hurry up to the front when called (if they can do checkout)

Remodel stuff that we need to stay clear of so they can work

and I guarantee 99% of the usage of such a feature would be TMs taking selfies.
Disable the selfie camera when sending TMs pictures and make some rule that it's against company policy to take pictures on a MyDevice in a restroom and anyone caught doing so will be written up

@employee 626, you need a little more training on sales floor process. We make every effort to complete pricing tasks every day. But due to business needs, we may be doing cashier backup, getting carts, doing flex, pushing truck & helping guests before our task get done.. I understand you asking for changes on the zebra. You might want to learn other areas to get a global understanding of things at spot.

Can we get a tap to wake like the iPhone has on the Zebra? I keep forgetting that it does not have that feature everytime I go to unlock it

Let me just say that this morning was an absolute shit storm. myDay and MPM glitches for hours, and then the entire fulfillment tab goes down. Scanning into a cart was like roulette... will it have 15 or 45 mins on it, fuck if I know

Zebra TC58.

I like this part:
Add lightning-fast RFID
Take inventory in record time with the standard range RFD40 and standard or extended range RFD90 Ultra-Rugged UHF RFID sleds. These sleds read an impressive 1,300 tags per second. Connect the sleds via a Bluetooth, NFC or Zebra’s eConnex™ adapter. And Wi-Fi 6E enables easy over-the-air management of the mobile computers and their attached sleds.
But faster, more reliable devices is always a plus.
Would the different screen size mean HQ has to rewrite all the apps for multiple display sizes? I imagine just a scaled up version would look too big.

I like this part:

Would the different screen size mean HQ has to rewrite all the apps for multiple display sizes? I imagine just a scaled up version would look too big.
If they program it like iOS apps they wouldn’t have to do much/anything but I don’t know how they are made or if Android has that option

I like this part:

I wish they would update the RFID app because you never know if your score went up because of what you scanned 5 minutes ago or what you scanned right now. RFID is very capable of real time counting.

Can we get an app to count? Like you press an up or down arrow and set that to go up or down X times?

Also can we get the ability to scan a case and press backstock?
Example would be Christmas candy that doesn’t go out right now and we haven’t opened the box and want to backstock the box without opening it

Can we get an app to count? Like you press an up or down arrow and set that to go up or down X times?

Also can we get the ability to scan a case and press backstock?
Example would be Christmas candy that doesn’t go out right now and we haven’t opened the box and want to backstock the box without opening it

You can backstock a case. Just scan the small barcode on the pick label and when it asks how many to backstock your type in how many eaches are in the case; don't backstock it as 1 case, this is incorrect. And then if you are truly efficient you peel off that part of the pick label and move it so that barcode is facing out on the shelf to scan easily to pull it when needed.

Can we please get an employee mode on the Target app that anyone can download? I use it on my phone because it’s much faster than the Zebra and sometimes get alerts/emails for items I looked up/scanned for a guest and don’t want that when I use my phone. I don’t want to log out/reinstall the app every time I need to use it with my account

PLEASE for the love of spot show a photo on the item page and have size/color switcher on the item page. And make item search not suck. Would save so much time
It’s October 21st 2022 and search still sucks. Please make a new search that is exactly the one from the Target app or make a special Target app that lets us open the item in MyDay

It’s October 21st 2022 and search still sucks. Please make a new search that is exactly the one from the Target app or make a special Target app that lets us open the item in MyDay
I thought the same way, but, you can look for items that don't exist to the target app users. with that said I think a Target.com search toggle would be super nice lol.

I was scanning my price change labels this week, and every time I activated a label, the scanner would stop operating. You could back out and back in, or restart the app, but that's a hard sell when you have 500 labels to activate. The issue occurred on multiple devices over a couple of days, but appears to be intermittent.

Very frustrating.
Something similar happened to be when I was pulling a batch - scan a waco label and then I couldn't scan the product. Rebooting solved the problem. I tried backing out of the batch and going back in and tried restarting MyDay but that didn't seem to be enough - could still scan only one bar code. A reboot fixed it.

I've recently had it where I am in a pull and when I scan the backroom label it asks me how many I am backstocking. Have to reboot MyDay to fix it. Also has happened when I back out of the pull and when I go back into Fill, it automatically goes back into my pull but thinks I am backstocking.

Back