MEGATHREAD myDay app

I've always disliked that individual DPCIs could be pulled from an assortment. Leaves a lot of room for shippers to get discarded or wrecked before they are placed on a shelf. Or you end up setting with an empty shipper.

Having it backstock as an assortment-only makes sense to me, but only if that assortment DPCI is then also tied to the pog it goes on so it does pull in a 141.

Obviously this isn't the most ideal as it does create potential problems for finding the merch outside of setting. Really, the best solution for shippers is setting as soon as they arrive (high hopes, I know 😆).
Agreed. This is why I don't usually back stock shippers, just stash them on a shelf with a note I write on the back of an old 7x11 ad sign. (I set ad on Sundays and occasionally save a little pile of extras.) If the home location is empty or low, I'll pull some from the shipper box. Otherwise, I don't want other TMs wrecking my shippers.
Not having an assortment shipper back stocked hasn't ever caused a problem - if it's going to be a while before I can set that end cap, I keep a close eye on the floor stock. They don't usually come in that far ahead of when they're due to be set, plus I'm usually able to keep enough ahead of the due dates that I'm not up against the deadline for completion.

Let's take for example an arbitrary item:

This item has a capacity of 12.
2 on the floor + 2 in back (14 on hand)

In a perfect world we can assume that the on hand count is correct, and that there are correctly 12 items sitting in it's location.

Because the floor count is less than the capacity, a pull would be generated for 2 items. TM pulls said items, notices it is full, and back stocks it. You now have:

4 on the floor + 2 in back (14 on hand)

Because the floor count is less than the capacity, a pull would be generated for 2 items.

And you can see how this would repeat 4 more times. A TM just did redundant work a total of 5 times. Now multiply this by the hundreds and hundreds of items that are in each department, or even the thousands of items that are in the store.

Of course, the loop could be stopped prematurely if the TM was updating capacities and floor counts, which is a part of the solution that can be done currently, just no one usually does it.

Now if pulls were generated based off sales, and OPU that did not take the item from the back room, there wouldn't even be ANY redundant work generated at all, it is back stocked therefore it is full.

Of course there would still be routine audits of mistakes that are caused by TMs purposely sabotaging the system (burning batches, and back stocking from truck) but that is still the case even with the current system and the anomaly's such as "12 on the floor + 12 in back (12 on hand)"
This problem is being presented to a VP tomorrow. Thank god maybe it will be changed.

I'd rather fix a mistake on the fly.

I prefer the system the way it is.... When items come out in my pulls - I can go the area, and determine what the issue is regarding the product.

No pull = no chance to fix an error with stocking.

-
ie. I have people that
- guess where items go - so products get mixed up, or stocked incorrectly
- don't check dual locations
- backstock freight with out working it at all.

---
1-4-1s as they are currently, allow me the chance to fix an error created by someone else.....
-
when I stock my own products, my 1-4-1s are near perfect, daily. I might have 1-2 units that overlap with reshop, or an item sells before I fill the location with the freight.
-
the current system is fine... it's the workers that need to be held accountable (which will never happen)

Last edited:
Target needs to fix other issues.....

Like the POG labels being printed poorly, or Mis Picks, or how many broken/unsellable items arrive from the DC.
or why does one store get 120 of a single DPCI, and other local stores all each get 12.
why can DU orders "double tap?"
what is the deal with the arbitrary time to pick a Drive up order? Why stress out SFS for no reason?
Why aren’t all the clothes RFID enabled???

Last edited:
Is anyone else having weird behavior with OFO's?

We had a TM pull Toy OFO's, and every single batch was 126 dpci, which had them go through the light duty aisles, then bulk.

Once that was cleared, a new 126 dpci OFO would drop, and have them repeat the process all over. This happened several times, and was checked against other departments to the same effect.

If that's a new change, revert it please...

Is anyone else having weird behavior with OFO's?

We had a TM pull Toy OFO's, and every single batch was 126 dpci, which had them go through the light duty aisles, then bulk.

Once that was cleared, a new 126 dpci OFO would drop, and have them repeat the process all over. This happened several times, and was checked against other departments to the same effect.

If that's a new change, revert it please...
I have noticed this too. Also in toys. My guess was when it was above a certain threshold it only allows a certain amount to drop into the batch the TM is working on. But it would be a lot more effective if it at least did the first 126 items, and not through all the aisles. So, someone else could do the next 126 items while the first 126 was being worked on.

But this is all a guess, I don't actually know why the system does it that why. It was driving me nuts the other day though. But this was in Priorities and in 141s that I noticed this happening.

I have noticed this too. Also in toys. My guess was when it was above a certain threshold it only allows a certain amount to drop into the batch the TM is working on. But it would be a lot more effective if it at least did the first 126 items, and not through all the aisles. So, someone else could do the next 126 items while the first 126 was being worked on.

But this is all a guess, I don't actually know why the system does it that why. It was driving me nuts the other day though. But this was in Priorities and in 141s that I noticed this happening.
Yeah, dropping the batches in aisle order would be much more efficient for pulling/pushing. Too much wasted time on both ends going this route.

Could we please have the ability to scan our discount card to input our tm# to sign into the apps on the Zebra? I have to look at my number each time I need to sign into an app on the zebra.

Maybe they are prioritizing the least filled dpcis with each batch? I also have noticed when items are in multiple wacos, it has you pull in an order that removes items from the various scattered locations first so the remaining backstock is only in 1 Waco. At least that's my conclusion to what I've observed.

Could we please have the ability to scan our discount card to input our tm# to sign into the apps on the Zebra? I have to look at my number each time I need to sign into an app on the zebra.

If you open all the apps you will need for the day right after you sing in for the first time, you will be logged into all of them and only have to log in once.

Features I want on the Zebra/MyDevice/MyDay app

List of people who have clocked in and if they are on the clock or on lunch
Ability to clock in/out from MyDevice (using a barcode near the clock so you have to be in the room)
Ability to have each person who has a device to say if they have a walkie or not (in MyDay or a different app)
Ability to send pictures to the entire team using the camera on MyDevice so team members know exactly what we mean when we say a location or something similar
Ability to have multiple phone extensions (and pick the ones you need) at once
Cart status. How many are inside being used vs outside the store vs ready to be used (I think this would require hardware for some parts to work)
Pair two devices (or more when backstocking) so one person can scan the item and hand it to the other. The other person places it and scans the backroom location and inputs how many (if they can, if they can't then the other person inputs the amount)
Key holders. List of people who have what keys and if they go on break or lunch who has them for that time
See self check out status on the device and get alerts if someone needs help
Map in MyDay with GPS (if possible, if not have the tm select what aisle they are near) to find the item they are looking for
Ability to "AirDrop" the item page to another device but only if the device receiving it says they can accept the item before it is sent to them
Scan history and favorite scans (to use when finding an item for a guest so you don't have to scan the item you were working with again)
Voice text

An idea I have that I think would save a TON of time and money

Best Buy Price tags for items/locations that constantly change price/what is on the shelf (for now, if I had the ability to change the all I would)
Best-Buy-Electronic-Price-Tag-Label-Strip-Closeup.Feature.jpg
It would prevent the store from needing to constantly print new price tags if the price changes frequently and can possibly do them all at once
When the shelf keeps getting different items it can always be accurate when a different item is on the shelf
Sales Floor count can be accurate because it can show how many price tags have the item on the shelf or peg
Sales/Discounts/Clearance can automatically be applied and can be different colors to make them easier to spot for guests
Less paper would be used for price tags which can make shareholders happy
Corporate can update pricing whenever they want to
Easier to check items for recalls because the price tag can be different colors so if a tm sees it they can look it up and take appropriate action
Faster pickup/drive up times because the colors of the price tag for the item can be changed to easily find it

Can let customers know

where other locations for the item are or if the item is in the back or not if they happen to find the location empty
if your store doesn't have the item in the back it can show the nearest store that has the item
return policy if it's different than standard
specs on the item

If the entire store had these all the team members could have it change colors so they can easily find the item if they don't know where it is located

VUSION - Global Leader in Electronic Shelf Labels - https://www.ses-imagotag.com/ is what I think Best Buy uses

Features I want in the Target app that anyone can download
DPCI and UPC as a barcode so we can scan it to make the time we are with a guest faster

Best-Buy-Electronic-Price-Tag-Label-Strip-Closeup.Feature.jpg

Features I want on the Zebra/MyDevice/MyDay app

List of people who have clocked in and if they are on the clock or on lunch
Ability to clock in/out from MyDevice (using a barcode near the clock so you have to be in the room)
Ability to have each person who has a device to say if they have a walkie or not (in MyDay or a different app)
Ability to send pictures to the entire team using the camera on MyDevice so team members know exactly what we mean when we say a location or something similar
Ability to have multiple phone extensions (and pick the ones you need) at once
Cart status. How many are inside being used vs outside the store vs ready to be used (I think this would require hardware for some parts to work)
Pair two devices (or more when backstocking) so one person can scan the item and hand it to the other. The other person places it and scans the backroom location and inputs how many (if they can, if they can't then the other person inputs the amount)
Key holders. List of people who have what keys and if they go on break or lunch who has them for that time
Map in MyDay with GPS (if possible, if not have the tm select what aisle they are near) to find the item they are looking for
Ability to "AirDrop" the item page to another device but only if the device receiving it says they can accept the item before it is sent to them
Scan history and favorite scans (to use when finding an item for a guest so you don't have to scan the item you were working with again)
Voice text

An idea I have that I think would save a TON of time and money

Best Buy Price tags for items/locations that constantly change price/what is on the shelf (for now, if I had the ability to change the all I would)
View attachment 14272
It would prevent the store from needing to constantly print new price tags if the price changes frequently and can possibly do them all at once
When the shelf keeps getting different items it can always be accurate when a different item is on the shelf
Sales Floor count can be accurate because it can show how many price tags have the item on the shelf or peg
Sales/Discounts/Clearance can automatically be applied and can be different colors to make them easier to spot for guests
Less paper would be used for price tags which can make shareholders happy
Corporate can update pricing whenever they want to
Easier to check items for recalls because the price tag can be different colors so if a tm sees it they can look it up and take appropriate action
Faster pickup/drive up times because the colors of the price tag for the item can be changed to easily find it

Can let customers know

where other locations for the item are or if the item is in the back or not if they happen to find the location empty
if your store doesn't have the item in the back it can show the nearest store that has the item
return policy if it's different than standard
specs on the item

If the entire store had these all the team members could have it change colors so they can easily find the item if they don't know where it is located

VUSION - Global Leader in Electronic Shelf Labels - https://www.ses-imagotag.com/ is what I think Best Buy uses

Features I want in the Target app that anyone can download
DPCI and UPC as a barcode so we can scan it to make the time we are with a guest faster

View attachment 14272
Wow those are some impressively bad ideas.

View attachment 14272
I already inquired about this, and apparently they did test these many years ago with one store, and they were too expensive. So now you know they will never revisit them again because corporations are incompetent like that.
Hopefully inflation forces them to use them.

If you have to be in the room anyway why would anyone find this useful? Besides, you aren't supposed to be working (which includes using equipment) while off the clock and this would require you to do that.

I'm not sure what the use of this would be, I've never been in a situation where I've needed to send another TM a picture, and I guarantee 99% of the usage of such a feature would be TMs taking selfies.

As in shopping carts? That would require in incredibly large amount of work to develop, compared to how much effort it takes a TM to walk over to the entrance door(s) and see if there's carts there or not.

When would this ever be needed? Why can't the TM placing the item just scan it when it's handed to them?

There should always be a TM in self checkout, why would you need this?

I will agree here, I would definitely like the map feature from the Target app in MyDay. I'm not sure why it isn't a thing.

Scan history has always been there, it shows up as an option when you press the search icon.

This I could actually see as being helpful especially if you could clear alerts/be in store mode from mydevice.

Ability to pause a transaction like Walmart can would be great too. Oh you scanned a tv as a banana? you're gonna need to wait for assistance on that one

Also should ≠ is

When would this ever be needed? Why can't the TM placing the item just scan it when it's handed to them?
Up high and or have heavy items
Barcode in a spot that can't be scanned after the item is placed

If you have to be in the room anyway why would anyone find this useful? Besides, you aren't supposed to be working (which includes using equipment) while off the clock and this would require you to do that.
Change to anywhere in the store

To know what you need to do if and if someone else can do it. For example, if a guest is an idiot and does not read that that SCO machine isn't taking cash then you can have a popup to read the sign again. Also if it is a Target app related problem I know that many TM's know how to use it and don't know how/can't help with SCO

Scan history has always been there, it shows up as an option when you press the search icon.
Make it more accessible as many TM's don't know about it

Last edited:
Back