MEGATHREAD myDay app

I don’t know if this is possible but if it is please give Instacart and other similar apps the DPCI. It would help us greatly. If not possible I also understand.

I don’t know if this is possible but if it is please give Instacart and other similar apps the DPCI. It would help us greatly. If not possible I also understand.
I don’t think anyone at HQ is realistically looking at this thread for ideas. And if they were, they’d probably be looking for ideas that would make a bigger impact on profit.

Feature request for the Target app and website for the store.

Ability for a TL and UP to close certain parts of the store on the app and website if it’s not open for the day or a few hours. Starbucks is an example that it would be useful to have that for.

Feature requestfor MyDay

Ability for whoever is at the front end to send a notification to everyone that backup is needed (at checkout) and whoever responds should accept the notification.

Ability to see if the person running the checkout is under/over the age to scan alcohol/age restricted items

Ability to see who is on what checkout and who is running SCO.

Ability to make notes about checkout lanes and SCO. Example if the lane can’t take money someone makes a note and it’s in MyDay until it’s fixed.

Ability for all TMs to see who is clocked in or on meal. Also the ability to add if you have a walkie or not (if you have an AP one only people with an AP one and TMs who need to know who/where AP ones are (like SD))
Ability to see how many TMs are in a department.
List of keys and who has what key (example who has the electronic key and who has a bailer key)
List of TMs who have a key and what keys they have

List of all TL and above who are clocked in or on lunch

Ability for a TL and UP to close certain parts of the store on the app and website if it’s not open for the day or a few hours. Starbucks is an example that it would be useful to have that for.

Feature requestfor MyDay

Ability for whoever is at the front end to send a notification to everyone that backup is needed (at checkout) and whoever responds should accept the notification.

Ability to see if the person running the checkout is under/over the age to scan alcohol/age restricted items

Ability to make notes about checkout lanes and SCO. Example if the lane can’t take money someone makes a note and it’s in MyDay until it’s fixed.

Ability for all TMs to see who is clocked in or on meal. Also the ability to add if you have a walkie or not (if you have an AP one only people with an AP one and TMs who need to know who/where AP ones are (like SD))
List of keys and who has what key (example who has the electronic key and who has a bailer key)

Ohhhh....I know....what about a store map that shows the exact location of every TM with a device kind of like that Hogwarts map in Harry Potter!!!!!!! That way everyone in the store can see proof that John from GM really has been taking a shit for 25 minutes.

Or what about TMs have to click a button to start their break and another to end it. If it doesn't end in 15 minutes an alert is sent to TLs, who could then check the map to see where the TM is.

Feature requestfor MyDay

All of these ideas are either terrible or already implemented.

Feature requestfor MyDay

You are not their etl or sd. You need more training.

Ohhhh....I know....what about a store map that shows the exact location of every TM with a device kind of like that Hogwarts map in Harry Potter!!!!!!! That way everyone in the store can see proof that John from GM really has been taking a shit for 25 minutes.

Mickra, a PML program, does this already, to an extent. I think anyone can use it too. I haven't tried accessing it from a myDevice. Just from a chromebox.

Pretty sure it dumps them into the parent workcenter of GM.

It's all based on whatever your Primary workcenter is keyed as in on Workday/myTime. The Inbound team at @HInbound's store are probably keyed as General Merchandise as their primary workcenter rather than Inbound.
This is an issue that I wish would get fixed, as not everybody works in the same workcenter everyday. Moreso for the Front End because we have "Checkout Advocate," "Service Advocate," "Order Pickup (select stores)," "Front of Store Attendant," "Cash Office," and "Cleaning." Not everyone is gonna be only Cashiering everyday and people are scheduled all over the place. Also, people pick up shifts in other areas too. It should be going off the actual schedule and not their default workcenter.

Or guests keep complaining about prices being incorrect and having to scan the item to confirm the price

Guests can never complain about an incorrect price ever again with these and we don't have to deal with them asking for the posted price. Less time wasted which means more money for Target

There should be a section in MyDay where anyone who sees a price that is incorrect on the sales should scan the item and mark where it is and what the current price is and the system makes a list of how many and how long it has been since the item was that price. The TM should also have the ability to say that a guest asked what the price of X item is so that corporate knows how off the prices are.
The store wouldn’t want hq to know the store doesn’t have the correct pricing displayed. More than likely, someone in the store didn’t print price accuracy labels or the weekly price changes.

I shop for groceries a LOT & I'm so disgusted with our market area because of the number of items that come up wrong on any given day. And, because I'm a TM, if I challenge it at check-out they scan it with a zebra & tell me it's ringing up correctly regardless of what it was tagged or signed for.
When I went to snap a shot with my phone to prove my point the advocate followed me & told the TM in market to fix the sign so he took it down. I pointed it out to her but she said as a TM I wasn't allowed to 'take advantage of signing errors.
I'm tempted to go around on my next day off taking snaps of all the errors & show it to the market leader first.
If it continues I'll go to the ETL next while explaining that it's bad that this is very frustrating to guests & even worse if you're a TM. It could also lead to a lawsuit & fines, something spot is usually keen to avoid.

I shop for groceries a LOT & I'm so disgusted with our market area because of the number of items that come up wrong on any given day. And, because I'm a TM, if I challenge it at check-out they scan it with a zebra & tell me it's ringing up correctly regardless of what it was tagged or signed for.
When I went to snap a shot with my phone to prove my point the advocate followed me & told the TM in market to fix the sign so he took it down. I pointed it out to her but she said as a TM I wasn't allowed to 'take advantage of signing errors.
I'm tempted to go around on my next day off taking snaps of all the errors & show it to the market leader first.
If it continues I'll go to the ETL next while explaining that it's bad that this is very frustrating to guests & even worse if you're a TM. It could also lead to a lawsuit & fines, something spot is usually keen to avoid.
I have to say I agree with leadership on this one. We know pricing is a disaster all over the store. Often I don't even pay attention to the labels, but if price is a concern I will scan it to see what it's actually coming up, and I don't make a fuss if it's different from the label or sign. Been in retail long enough to know that mistakes are made.

It's definitely a bad thing for guests though. I submit that nothing in the store is as bad as Style Basics are right now. Just dreadful. They would be better off pulling down the other half of the labels that aren't missing!

I don't have time to call CSC but this is really annoying. I'm trying to untie a pretie that never got set, but it's expired. There is no way I can delete it.

Attachments

• PXL_20221027_171402572~2.jpg
    PXL_20221027_171402572~2.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 37
as a TM I wasn't allowed to 'take advantage of signing errors.
What the fuck?

Prolly like 1 year and a half ago. We had some coupon like buy one online get a 5 dollar gift card or something like that.

TM wanted to buy it in store. Target app wasn’t allowing her to OPU it either asked if she could get the giftcard in-store. SS ETL was like “ i don’t know if they’d give it to you” I said “well would you give it to a normal guest? Then why wouldn’t you give it to her?”

Unless you’re doing some unholy $200 Dyson from another target screenshot, there should be 0 reason they don’t give it to you, ESPECIALLY if it’s not much of a different price.

What the fuck?

Prolly like 1 year and a half ago. We had some coupon like buy one online get a 5 dollar gift card or something like that.

TM wanted to buy it in store. Target app wasn’t allowing her to OPU it either asked if she could get the giftcard in-store. SS ETL was like “ i don’t know if they’d give it to you” I said “well would you give it to a normal guest? Then why wouldn’t you give it to her?”

Unless you’re doing some unholy $200 Dyson from another target screenshot, there should be 0 reason they don’t give it to you, ESPECIALLY if it’s not much of a different price.
I think the idea is that team members know that nearly all errors are either zoning issues (so we should know better) or price change errors (which means the price that rings up is correct, even if the shelf label isn't), so team members shouldn't get a discount because of an error by another team member. Also, team members could theoretically conspire together to get better prices.

An additional reason from Target is, "Fuck you, you're going to shop here regardless. We only do that for guests to keep them coming back. You're stuck here. Eat shit." I wish we could tell guests that the price is correct in the system and so that's what you're going to pay or GTFO.

a store map that shows the exact location of every TM
And then maybe *someone* could say something to the TMs who seem to spend an awful lot of time just chatting with each other? This makes me nuts - sure, a little chitchat here and there makes the day go faster and can make it a little more fun. But honestly, some people seem to take breaks while on the floor in addition to their actual breaks. [end of rant]

And then maybe *someone* could say something to the TMs who seem to spend an awful lot of time just chatting with each other? This makes me nuts - sure, a little chitchat here and there makes the day go faster and can make it a little more fun. But honestly, some people seem to take breaks while on the floor in addition to their actual breaks. [end of rant]
I tune all of that shit out. Otherwise I would go crazy.

I think the idea is that team members know that nearly all errors are either zoning issues (so we should know better) or price change errors (which means the price that rings up is correct, even if the shelf label isn't), so team members shouldn't get a discount because of an error by another team member. Also, team members could theoretically conspire together to get better prices.

An additional reason from Target is, "Fuck you, you're going to shop here regardless. We only do that for guests to keep them coming back. You're stuck here. Eat shit." I wish we could tell guests that the price is correct in the system and so that's what you're going to pay or GTFO.
I agree with your first paragraph. It would be too easy to commit fraud. Most of us have zebras and can scan items to find out the true price, or use Circle and maybe get a price match if it comes up cheaper online. Otherwise, we know the score and no way should we take advantage of signing, label, and zoning errors.

oh 100 percent agree. But especially if its just generic "Oh I need to buy some lemons" and you think the price is wrong. I still want to buy it from target. But if that sign is up I expect to pay that price.

I wouldn't be abusing the sign error because I'm not buying 10000 lemons to abuse the price error. There is a button for sign and label errors on the POS that we use for guests most of the time even if they're lying and if its for produce or food (small stuff) we legit don't even check. Why couldn't a TM do this? Esp if the TM isn't "abusing" the mechanics. and Especially if the TM has pictures!

When I'm off the clock i'm a guest. I don't have a myDevice to check the prices. The target app sucks for produce. Even then I shouldn't need a device to confirm a price when there is a label for it!

Back