MEGATHREAD myDay app

I know I'm not a fan of MyDay and I certainly hope it improves with updates, much like MyWork did when that was rolled out.

I do have a suggested add-in feature.

Key/Device control. I know we have paper logs of devices, but with Mickra, that's not necessarily needed anymore. Why not add a barcode to printers and keys that can be tagged to a device.

Sign in. Scan the keys you're taking out. Scan the printer your taking out. Boom, digital log. I know the argument can be made against this, but in all honesty, those paper logs are a joke and without constant follow-up everyday, nobody uses them anyway.

This would alleviate that "hand-off" stage where say an electronics TM replaces a leaving TM and they just get their keys from the leaving TM. Scan the keys replaces the old TM with new one. Same for break coverage. And then there could be a "returned to home" barcode that signals the keys are locked up. Or the device is back in the cabinet.

Key control is a serious issue that's compounded by laziness. This is just a possible work around idea.

On top of what you said, I also wish devices had a way to be tracked in person, such if it dies and MICKRA cannot ping it, you can try to find it another way (maybe an RFID tag?). It also annoys me that you cannot see who used a printer or where it was, since we have people who lose printers... but my stuff is more for the myDevice thread.

The problem someone explained to me is that physical equipment control, like signing the sheet, gives people more accountability than being like "if you loose it we will know it's you in Mickra"

The problem someone explained to me is that physical equipment control, like signing the sheet, gives people more accountability than being like "if you loose it we will know it's you in Mickra"

I think the other side is whether there is actual accountability then. Don't just give people a pass, if they forget or don't sign equipment out. But, actually go to writing them up. Consequences for inaction. I guess it could fall under insubordination.

It wouldn't remove accountability. You'd just go from being responsible by signing out keys/printers to being responsible by scanning out keys/printers. No difference between that and them putting notes in MPM for leaders. It just changes the medium through which accountability is managed.

We're on the 10th page. Definitely not quick at all.

But, not really sure how we're getting off topic. We're talking about myDay and suggested features for it.

key/equipment control can be a whole thread on its own, it has nothing to do with myDay (minus the suggestion to have the scanning feature for it in myDay). But the whole talking about signing out in paper versus digital tracking, or accountability for equipment is off topic

ability to see OOS info including DC on hand, WIU status etc (essentially all the info Myhelp OOS chatbot gives you) on product details page would be great! @HQWireless

also still pushing for variation selector (S/M/L, colors, etc)

Font sizes are definitely WAY TOO SMALL on a lot of screens. Hierarchy also suffers. Not to mention a significant lack in contrast.

I'm not color blind, or have vision issues generally, but this application does not take those into account at all.

key/equipment control can be a whole thread on its own, it has nothing to do with myDay (minus the suggestion to have the scanning feature for it in myDay). But the whole talking about signing out in paper versus digital tracking, or accountability for equipment is off topic

🙄 this is a discussion board; we're having discussions. That's how conversation works.

I haven't had to use myday much yet since all the receiving tasks have their own apps and defectives aren't in it yet. But I absolutely hate backstocking in myday. There are too many steps, and if you scan the wrong item you have to back out of the backstock option and then go back in. I feel like backstocking should be under the scan section and then checking what is in a location should be completely separate function.

Would be great if MyDay search sorted results by what your store shows as having OH’s. If you don’t have a DPCI and search a general category like “face mask” for example, if it showed at the top of results those that are in stock and those below it separated as not having any OH’s.

I do love that scan feature allows you to check what is located in your backroom and that backstock function does not allow you to scan another item after scanning into an item, it only allows you to scan into backstock or go back. That reminds me of the old days. Good stuff.

Would be great if MyDay search sorted results by what your store shows as having OH’s. If you don’t have a DPCI and search a general category like “face mask” for example, if it showed at the top of results those that are in stock and those below it separated as not having any OH’s.
Love that this is already a feature in myStore.

ability to see OOS info including DC on hand, WIU status etc (essentially all the info Myhelp OOS chatbot gives you) on product details page would be great! @HQWireless
I second this.

It'd be great if we could look up information that's normally only available in the Inventory Tracking Application and Shipping Dock Status Tool, like OTLs and load status for the next truck.

Font sizes are definitely WAY TOO SMALL on a lot of screens. Hierarchy also suffers. Not to mention a significant lack in contrast.

I'm not color blind, or have vision issues generally, but this application does not take those into account at all.

🙄 this is a discussion board; we're having discussions. That's how conversation works.
The stark white of myDay kills me. Needs some grays or color.

I hate using Myday. It is buggy and it keeps closing out whenever I am doing my 1 for 1. We were told that doing it by aisle one at a time will alleviate this but I did it today and it kicked me out numerous times. It also refused to let me backstock certain items.

I hate using Myday. It is buggy and it keeps closing out whenever I am doing my 1 for 1. We were told that doing it by aisle one at a time will alleviate this but I did it today and it kicked me out numerous times. It also refused to let me backstock certain items.

Had all the item info loaded on the page when you tried to backstock it? If all the info isn't loaded it won't let you backstock. I've had to back out and go back in to get it to work when that happens.

Myday is so slow today when pulling. I hate that it kicks me out of pulling and the batch disappears for 5-10 mins. Also notice it keeps asking to pull overstock even though the count is correct... I feel like pulling 1for1 is taking 1.5x longer with this app.

Has anyone been having issues with pulling items for guests? We were told once the issue was found that it was adding more to the backroom then subtracting/ or not subtracting at all when pulling a item for a guest to not use it for that. So we can stay efficient when it comes to the guests

Back