MEGATHREAD myDay app

I've found that the zebra will scan the qr code symbol as not on file, so have to scan multiple times to hit the bar code instead. On some products they are close together on the label.
Had a sfs tm scan an item as not on file, but I was able to scan it fine. Don't know if there's a way to adjust scanner so it doesn't scan qr code.

If you are not defecting food, it will only allow you to enter 1.

The outdated option only seems to show up on food items that I have seen.
I hate how it will allow you to add another number, but then say that the maximum number allowed is 1. Don't give me the option to do a different number if it really isn't an option, just have it default to one like the old system. Also, I hate that you don't see what the disposition is going to be until the end and that I have to answer each question every time even though the reason is the same.

Oh, and that the print button is just far enough down the screen that I need to scroll the tiniest bit to be able to press it. That is really crappy design, make it all fit on one page without having to scroll at all.

I hate how it will allow you to add another number, but then say that the maximum number allowed is 1. Don't give me the option to do a different number if it really isn't an option, just have it default to one like the old system. Also, I hate that you don't see what the disposition is going to be until the end and that I have to answer each question every time even though the reason is the same.

Oh, and that the print button is just far enough down the screen that I need to scroll the tiniest bit to be able to press it. That is really crappy design, make it all fit on one page without having to scroll at all.
Yeah it's eh. I miss the feature where if it was online only you could just select remove from inventory. Now everything seems to be coming up and if you try to defect it out the options aren't always accurate. Feh.

Would it be too much to add a "price match" button to myDay? I have guests ask all the time if we can price match an item, and it would be ideal not to have to open another app and log in.

Is the quick scan option there for non-food items?

Would it be too much to add a "price match" button to myDay? I have guests ask all the time if we can price match an item, and it would be ideal not to have to open another app and log in.
I could totally be wrong here but I know that they "redesigned" it but it just looked like myDay which is fine. But it's really not that hard to implement it. I think that if they did this too many people would price match out of just being nice to people.

Very happy defecting is now in myDay. Since I no longer have to run myWork in the background its actually sped up the device quite a bit honestly. With that said I feel like some things could have been done better. Like automatic entries.

I like how myWork handled the defecting in the sense that toss and quantity were set to the most used thing. Toss is usually no and quantity is normally 1. Also, I miss the box labels on the labels. Many seasonal employees might confuse some of the boxes. That could be a potential hazard. Also don't know if this was a bug or not but I could not process the offline defective slip.

The "is this going to a guest?" Prompt when taking from location seems really unnecessary. It could easily be a little toggle under the quantity option that is automatically ticked to yes. 99% of the time the answer to that is yes.

Hard disagree. Rearranging things on my small appliance backroom wall is constant this Q4. The answer for me is quite often "No." On the other hand, if I'm on the floor and see a guest put something in their cart that is on the risers, it's nice to be able to take another one down right away, click "yes," and not have the counts screwed up when the guest pays for the item at the register.

Hard disagree. Rearranging things on my small appliance backroom wall is constant this Q4. The answer for me is quite often "No." On the other hand, if I'm on the floor and see a guest put something in their cart that is on the risers, it's nice to be able to take another one down right away, click "yes," and not have the counts screwed up when the guest pays for the item at the register.
Fair point. But either way, combining the question onto the quantity screen would make things flow smoother. If I am remembering correctly my work essentially had a toggle that defaulted to “yes” for this when taking from the back. (I think the toggle said something about “is this going to reverse logistics?”)

Something they really need to hammer down in myDay is the keyboard showing up. When I pull up the defecting page in myDay when I have to put 1 defective item it is a bit annoying because the submit button is covered by the Numpad. Just another reason to have a default 1 there constantly.

But if you're pulling from the back, it is usually because there are none on the floor. And I doubt there are that many TMs who see guests take from the shelf and are able to replace it right away. Not to mention, how do you know that the guest doesn't change their mind and the item ends up in reshop?

I could totally be wrong here but I know that they "redesigned" it but it just looked like myDay which is fine. But it's really not that hard to implement it. I think that if they did this too many people would price match out of just being nice to people.

You're both kinda right, from what I've heard the redesign of Price Match to look like myDay was supposed to just be a temporary step before eventually moving it into myDay. Since that hasn't happened yet I'm guessing they'll get to it sometime next year

Issues I have with inventory audit

1. Checking salesfloor locations does not give you section numbers (in paranthesis). So I have to check endcaps and inline.

2. Backroom audit. Why does it tell me to check the same backroom location twice?
#1 is extremely annoying. It needs to have the physical section as well as stay in order. Freaking audit skips all over the aisle. I absolutely hate this new audit with a passion. Most of the time I complete it and then go into drastic count and delete all of those. When you have roll over truck and pallets to push for certain areas I’m not changing those counts to 0 when the product could be sitting in the back. Then I’ve screwed up counts and now could get more product. I think the audit is pointless unless you are 100% on process and caught up. But you know- gotta do it to have that green metric. Stupid scores

This seems like the best thread for this question as I don't want to start a new one. A couple of weeks ago I got NOF item in a mispick. I was unable to correct the mispick because the item is NOF. I MySupported and have finally heard back. HQ says it's not a Target item and the direction is to salvage it. OK. How do I salvage an item that is NOF? Receiver was already gone for the day when I got the message. Is this something she'll know how to do?

This seems like the best thread for this question as I don't want to start a new one. A couple of weeks ago I got NOF item in a mispick. I was unable to correct the mispick because the item is NOF. I MySupported and have finally heard back. HQ says it's not a Target item and the direction is to salvage it. OK. How do I salvage an item that is NOF? Receiver was already gone for the day when I got the message. Is this something she'll know how to do?
I had the issue this week. I just defective out what the DC label said was in the box and the quantity that was supposed to be in the box. Overriding to toss. I just donated what the nof items that were in the box.

#1 is extremely annoying. It needs to have the physical section as well as stay in order. Freaking audit skips all over the aisle. I absolutely hate this new audit with a passion. Most of the time I complete it and then go into drastic count and delete all of those. When you have roll over truck and pallets to push for certain areas I’m not changing those counts to 0 when the product could be sitting in the back. Then I’ve screwed up counts and now could get more product. I think the audit is pointless unless you are 100% on process and caught up. But you know- gotta do it to have that green metric. Stupid scores
Where have the drastic counts been moved to? Ever since the change, I thought drastic counts were gone. But, since the change, nobody has ever mentioned the drastic counts.

Where have the drastic counts been moved to? Ever since the change, I thought drastic counts were gone. But, since the change, nobody has ever mentioned the drastic counts.
same app, only leads can confirm drastic counts tho. I audited the xboxs because it said we had 4 but it was an inventory bug. We had calls about it ALL DAY and I was wondering why it didn't do it but I had to tell a lead to confirm it. I totally understand why but at least tell the normal TM that it became a drastic count so we can tell a lead to confirm it.

but at least tell the normal TM that it became a drastic count so we can tell a lead to confirm it.
yes!!! It really needs a little notice that shows up when it’s going to trigger a drastic count. Tech especially seems really random what triggers it and what doesn’t.

Back