MEGATHREAD myDay app

Something else I noticed is that you can do returns on salvaged items now! The kicker is that its at a reduced rate. I think (I could be wrong) it's gonna be based on how long it has been salvaged. Like its like 5 dollars for a 20 dollar item kinda thing.

also, how do we think they're gonna handle overrides? I think for smaller overrides like serial but what do we think they're gonna do for really big stuff like a merch override or a return override. Are they gonna require a TL to login? because that would be really annoying lmao. I like how on the classic POS you could just give people perms as they need it like, electronics gets supervisor (after being properly trained), new GS tms gets GS, and well trained GS tms gets supervisor.

I don't see that kind of level system going into the new POS, as in I don't think it is possible with the way it is being handled now.

Something else I noticed is that you can do returns on salvaged items now! The kicker is that its at a reduced rate. I think (I could be wrong) it's gonna be based on how long it has been salvaged. Like its like 5 dollars for a 20 dollar item kinda thing.

also, how do we think they're gonna handle overrides? I think for smaller overrides like serial but what do we think they're gonna do for really big stuff like a merch override or a return override. Are they gonna require a TL to login? because that would be really annoying lmao. I like how on the classic POS you could just give people perms as they need it like, electronics gets supervisor (after being properly trained), new GS tms gets GS, and well trained GS tms gets supervisor.

I don't see that kind of level system going into the new POS, as in I don't think it is possible with the way it is being handled now.
Serial number overrides will not be a thing. If you have items that don’t have a serial number but new pos is asking for one please report the item through the myDay chatbot to get the item data corrected. Overriding serial numbers is not something we should do any longer.

As for other overrides, I am assuming things such as merch card overrides will fall under the make it right category and will no longer require any override and any team member can complete that change.

most other overrides will be fully removed as the POS should be the one to make the correct call on whether something is allowed or not.

anything further direct the guest to call guest relations

Serial number overrides will not be a thing. If you have items that don’t have a serial number but new pos is asking for one please report the item through the myDay chatbot to get the item data corrected. Overriding serial numbers is not something we should do any longer.

As for other overrides, I am assuming things such as merch card overrides will fall under the make it right category and will no longer require any override and any team member can complete that change.

most other overrides will be fully removed as the POS should be the one to make the correct call on whether something is allowed or not.
anything further direct the guest to call guest relations
also oops I thought this was the POS thread.

I really don’t agree with the serial override thing. Most of the time you don’t have a problem with it but jeez when it doesn’t work it’s a pain.

this will 100000 percent decrease the Guest Experience. If I buy a Fitbit for a family member and they sell it to me no barcode with a gift receipt. How would I return it? No way in hell would the person as GS think oh it might have been a no barcode item. Then the TM would think they’re trying to scam and it’s just a huge snowball. Serial overrides are a NEED.

Also still haven’t fixed the big where the change due screen just disappears!
I think that’s a problem with your register. The sensor that decided if the till is open or not might need replacing. I’ve had a similar problem with one of the registers in electronics but it’s only that register.

I think that’s a problem with your register. The sensor that decided if the till is open or not might need replacing. I’ve had a similar problem with one of the registers in electronics but it’s only that register.
Possibly, but I’ve heard from front end that it happens on their registers too. Also I think I’ve had it happen on both tech registers which seems unlikely to be a bad sensor. I’ll have to verify that.

What they should do is allow for serial override… ask why you’re doing it and automatically create a ticket in myday for investigation
I know target already has the code to create auto tickets. I was looking at the help section in myDay and looked at the store tickets and found that my tech register scanned a serial number that has already been registered. would take them less than an hour to port that code to create a myDay ticket for serials.

To add to this, in this theoretical screen when overriding a serial number send a chime to those signed into POS in myDay saying "Register 112 is overriding a serial number" or "Team Member VersionDefect is overriding a serial number: Register 112" then ask the TM to scan the "invalid" serial number and to autogenerate a ticket. Not only does this make sure the problem gets fixed BUT it also allows for that "Invalid" serial number to be attached to the guest reducing the possibility of scams! There is quite literally no downside to this.

I haven't been at GS enough to know how the POS reacts to incorrect serials but if it was overridden in the original sale do you have to override it in the return of the item?

EDIT: Also include a "Serial Number damaged" button for TVs.

omg there is this bug with 141s that are driving me up the roof today. If you start pulling and say lock your device it freaks out and says “pull complete”

SIR I HAVE 400 DPCIS LEFT FYM PULL COMPLETE.
HQ dudes, PLEASE fix this soon. It's killing my team having to deal with this.

If you can also look into the issue where the app hangs on loading forever when entering a batch, that would be sweet. Currently when entering a batch and it hangs loading the first item, the only way to fix it is to restart the app. Backing out to the previous menu (fill dept list) will show that you're "in the batch" still.

omg there is this bug with 141s that are driving me up the roof today. If you start pulling and say lock your device it freaks out and says “pull complete”

SIR I HAVE 400 DPCIS LEFT FYM PULL COMPLETE.
Sometimes when I unlock my Zebra it would say something like "count successfully updated", and I'm like "uhhhh I didn't do anything".

My opinion is things were turning out fine with MyDay. However, it's been very sluggish for about the past month, freezes up a lot, and lots of hangs, which means lots of app and zebra restarts. Did someone already talk about the glitch during the audit where it won't update the SFQ and OH for the item you see on the screen until you scan it? Meaning it always shows the numbers of the last thing you scanned, and it can make it seem like the recent item showing has those SFQ's and OH's. Still, it really doesn't show you the correct numbers until you scan the item, and if you can't find the item and zero it out, then the next item in your batch will STILL SHOW the SFQ's and OH's of the last thing you scanned, even if it was 20 items before your current LOL! After re-reading this may be hard to follow so please press me for more details if needed.

Fl
My opinion is things were turning out fine with MyDay. However, it's been very sluggish for about the past month, freezes up a lot, and lots of hangs, which means lots of app and zebra restarts. Did someone already talk about the glitch during the audit where it won't update the SFQ and OH for the item you see on the screen until you scan it? Meaning it always shows the numbers of the last thing you scanned, and it can make it seem like the recent item showing has those SFQ's and OH's. Still, it really doesn't show you the correct numbers until you scan the item, and if you can't find the item and zero it out, then the next item in your batch will STILL SHOW the SFQ's and OH's of the last thing you scanned, even if it was 20 items before your current LOL! After re-reading this may be hard to follow so please press me for more details if needed.
with this said I think the audit could honestly be really good!

ofc fix issues like this but I like how if there is a OPU it won’t let you audit.

something that kinda irritates me is that little “You cannot audit this because it was pulled recently” omg no way? It’s almost like I PULLED IT. Just throw a if statement in that hoe.

I do like it in myDay though I feel it has a good spot. Also do you have the old zebras ? My store has zebras that goto like 80 but the 100+ ones are the BEST. (Ofc ESID) also, it really wouldn’t be hard to fix the super small issues with the audit. Like showing what section of an isle. Like D21(0) or showing the on hands stuff that would take less than a day to code honestly. Also I just wish they showed us if stuff was drastic count lmao.

Stuff I can’t wait for. Empty package going into myDay, pricematching (idk if they will tho), and MPM. Also if you’re in electronics maybe throw the Apple Care thing in there but I won’t hold my breath lmao.

Sometimes when I unlock my Zebra it would say something like "count successfully updated", and I'm like "uhhhh I didn't do anything".
Mine does that when I’m going into split screen mode and accidentally touch myDay instead of RFIDM or Bluetooth. Have to back all the way back out of the app for it to work normal again.

When you are doing a 1 for 1 and there is an item in the back with multiple locations, does anyone know how the system decides which location to send you to?

When you are doing a 1 for 1 and there is an item in the back with multiple locations, does anyone know how the system decides which location to send you to?
not entirely but I think it prioritizes the exact first. Like, let's say it wants to be to pull 3 cameras. it checks to see if any loc has exactly 3 cameras first and if it does it sends you there first. other than that I believe it goes.

Isle THEN section THEN loc #

Anyone know what label pog does in set page? It's blank when I click on it.
You just use it to print the shelf/peg labels. It is not intended to be tied. There is a separate non LBL pog that is the one you tie. Are you saying there are no dpci's on the line listing?

Back