MEGATHREAD myDay app

But the POS, AFAIK, doesn't automatically salvage the Target+/"your store doesn't carry this" items so when we're salvaging out stuff that doesn't belong in the store, SF is still the only option even though it never made it to the floor.
I'm curious, do you literally mean SF is the only option? I get your point though. If it's not sold at your store the location doesn't really matter since there is no SFQ.

Food items can be rapid defects with multiples but missed salvage One Spot? I have to do one at a time. So irritating.

you should be processing missed salvage in price change, not item removal. you can do quantities in price change.

What? No one ever told anyone at my GS this. Why would there be a completely different button? Missed salvage is an option in item removal so why not just combine it?

But the POS, AFAIK, doesn't automatically salvage the Target+/"your store doesn't carry this" items so when we're salvaging out stuff that doesn't belong in the store, SF is still the only option even though it never made it to the floor.
pos will auto CRC target plus but not missed salvage. Old pos used to a long time ago.
@SamSepiol can that come back (pos auto salvages missed salv)?

you should be processing missed salvage in price change, not item removal. you can do quantities in price change.

What? No one ever told anyone at my GS this. Why would there be a completely different button? Missed salvage is an option in item removal so why not just combine it?

pos will auto CRC target plus but not missed salvage. Old pos used to a long time ago.
@SamSepiol can that come back (pos auto salvages missed salv)?
I'm a bit confused. If a guest returns something that has already gone zero, can't you just toss it in the salvage bin?

I'm a bit confused. If a guest returns something that has already gone zero, can't you just toss it in the salvage bin?
Old POS used to print the missed salvage ticket on return automatically I don’t know how new pos handles it as I’m not at the front anymore. Curious if it’s actually still processing it or not.

Every single TL I've talked to about these things has given me a different answer so lemme ask it here.

If we get a salvage return do we defect it?

When did it say reverse logistics wtf does that mean?

Also when an item says discontinued why doesn't it show up in the non-carry forward pull in myDay

Also when an item says discontinued why doesn't it show up in the non-carry forward pull in myDay

It does, just not all the time. The NCF pull changes every week. Things that are in there one week and not pulled, may not be in that pull the next week. That's why you are supposed to do the pull every week and get everything out on the floor, or at least a reprensentative sample of everything. (I know. I know. Good luck with that.) Those D-Code things might also get dropped into a flex pog making them still D-Code but technically carry forward until the flex pog expires. The NCF pull also doesn't include PLU. That'll drop into a seasonal pull if it's still in the back when the season is about to end.

It does, just not all the time. The NCF pull changes every week. Things that are in there one week and not pulled, may not be in that pull the next week. That's why you are supposed to do the pull every week and get everything out on the floor, or at least a reprensentative sample of everything. (I know. I know. Good luck with that.) Those D-Code things might also get dropped into a flex pog making them still D-Code but technically carry forward until the flex pog expires. The NCF pull also doesn't include PLU. That'll drop into a seasonal pull if it's still in the back when the season is about to end.
What are D-Code and PLU? Sorry, there are so many acronyms sometimes I forget, never know, or try to guess.

What are D-Code and PLU? Sorry, there are so many acronyms sometimes I forget, never know, or try to guess.

D-Code stands for discontinued. These are items that in theory the store will no longer be getting again and that will be going off planogam soon. You'll likely get a few in from time to time though. Right now, with supply chain issues they are likely to keep coming in regularly though. (Maybe.) Plu are seasonal items that do not need to be individually ticketed when they go clearance and salvage.

Myday shouldn’t do that anymore
thank god for that. It was just so vague. I was told so many different answers when it was in myDay. I've heard oh well you put that is CRC or oh that's VP then I've heard that you put it on someone's desk in the back and they take care of it.

It does, just not all the time
Hmmm okay. Recently I found that the entire two sections we have for phone accessories (like cases and chargers) has been literally unlocated for god knows how long. Most of it was discontinued as well but the Non-carry forward number didn't change.

How do credits work? I've always heard my old ETL told me how to process salvage right just so we get the credit for salvage.

Idk how exactly but the store does get some money for salvaged items. Not a lot though
Either someone at my old store years ago told me, or possibly I read somewhere random on workbench, that Target sees about a 10% return on salvage. I don't know if that's true, or true anymore. Someone somewhere must know.

It's also important to process things correctly so there's a record of where things are going (salvaged, donated, trashed, etc) and to keep inventory and various metrics relatively accurate. Couldn't say how I dug it up (I like to just go on workbench and search for things and see what I can find) but Target keeps track of how much, by value, each store donates, so you can see where your store falls. My old store was painfully low, despite my best efforts. I'm curious to see where my current store falls.

My old store was painfully low, despite my best efforts. I'm curious to see where my current store falls.
To be fair how much can you really even donate? Like I really doubt places in need of donation are gonna need HDMI to Display port cables. Blankets and dry food that might have been damaged in shipping stuff like that I see but it really boils down to what you can and can't donate.

To be fair how much can you really even donate?
A lot. Cleaning supplies, personal care, hair care, skin care, cosmetics... and more, but that's mostly what I deal with. Anything ESIM can be donated (presuming it's fit to donate obviously). At this point I'm sure I've processed several tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff like that to be donated.

A lot. Cleaning supplies, personal care, hair care, skin care, cosmetics... and more, but that's mostly what I deal with. Anything ESIM can be donated (presuming it's fit to donate obviously). At this point I'm sure I've processed several tens of thousands of dollars worth of stuff like that to be donated.
Kinda forgot about cleaning supplies and such. I can see that actually.

Is there a way to pull up a map of the store in myDay? I am new and have had to switch to the normal target app for a store map a few times.

Also, is there a way to search for products in vague terms, like you are able to do with the Target app?
I was thinking about this, in the pick app, they have a picture of the store (if you look at the map via the master list in your pull), why can't that be in MyDay?

I was thinking about this, in the pick app, they have a picture of the store (if you look at the map via the master list in your pull), why can't that be in MyDay?
Just because most people wouldn't use it IMHO. Though it wouldn't be difficult to add. I can maybe see this getting added once myDay's fundamental features are imported first ( fulfillment, pickup, MPM)

More of a myDevice thing than a myDay thing but turn off the unneeded bloat. We really don't need the google voice search. Or the Google menu if you hold the home button down.
ALSO! I don't know if this is a MDM setting you can disable but turn off the horizontal lock screen. It really gets in the way. Honestly, if we're being real the only thing that benefits of horizontal view is MPM. Once myDay has MPM fully built-in just remove horizontal view totally. I am speaking from salesfloor POV does anyone else (plano maybe?) use horizontal view?

If you're looking at the Greenfield MyPerformance on the device, the only way to change pages is to be in horizontal orientation.

Back