MEGATHREAD myDay app

Was anyone else's Receive going crazy today? I was having so many issue with it, more than what usually pops up.
I had some much trouble just checking in a very easy vendor Peets Coffee. Called CSC and was told it's a global issue. Wed is a very heavy vendor day. Had to turn so many away. DP wanted me to take the delivery and checked it in later. No way thats happening. Was surprised that I was able to accept Frito Lay since it's DSD.

Is anybody else not getting notifications anymore when you're about to hit meal compliance? I haven't gotten one the last few times I've taken my break within 15 minutes.
I have not been getting then at all and our leads never seem to mention it for me...

I like the new tabbed fill interface. I wish there was an option to filter out OFO pulls and just have priority/OOS show. We aren't pulling OFO and it just makes the list of pulls needlessly long to scroll through.

I had some much trouble just checking in a very easy vendor Peets Coffee. Called CSC and was told it's a global issue. Wed is a very heavy vendor day. Had to turn so many away. DP wanted me to take the delivery and checked it in later. No way thats happening. Was surprised that I was able to accept Frito Lay since it's DSD.
Wednesday is my slowest day, and the people who deliver are super tiny orders. It was taking forever to scan, giving errors, or randomly deleting items. I'm just glad I didn't have an audit on my Nabisco order. I also received Frito like normal but the sticker printed out as '0' units received which is slightly concerning since it shouldn't show that line at all

I am not sure if it is a staggered rollout or not, but these priority pull changes are shit. They need to stop changing how they calculate metrics.

Anyone else noticing weird things happening with floor capacities and counts? Did a revision the other day and, as usual, a lot of the capacities were off.
The weird part is where some of them were correct - capacity 5 correct, current count 5 correct. Yet the system still had me pull 3 out of the back and added them to the floor count to make it 8 on the floor. Even though only 5 will fit. I kept looking at the screen, thinking I must be seeing it wrong.
Corrected the capacity (even though it wasn't necessary), and the same thing happened the next day!
Don't know if it happened again because I've been off yesterday and today.

Anyone else noticing weird things happening with floor capacities and counts? Did a revision the other day and, as usual, a lot of the capacities were off.
The weird part is where some of them were correct - capacity 5 correct, current count 5 correct. Yet the system still had me pull 3 out of the back and added them to the floor count to make it 8 on the floor. Even though only 5 will fit. I kept looking at the screen, thinking I must be seeing it wrong.
Corrected the capacity (even though it wasn't necessary), and the same thing happened the next day!
yes. This happened with a single DPCI (that I noticed) to me today. Wanted me to pull 10, but capacity was four - with 4 already on the floor- so "floor count" was 14 with a capacity of four.

I tried to fix it, but it just had me pull the 10 items again. So I "burned the batch" aka pulled it and re-backstocked it. I need to remember to check the #s tomorrow.

yes. This happened with a single DPCI (that I noticed) to me today. Wanted me to pull 10, but capacity was four - with 4 already on the floor- so "floor count" was 14 with a capacity of four.

I tried to fix it, but it just had me pull the 10 items again. So I "burned the batch" aka pulled it and re-backstocked it. I need to remember to check the #s tomorrow.

We've noticed this a lot in our Home and Seasonal area. And yet there are other areas of the store where it virtually never happens. I do not know the reason, but I think there are a few different things that can be factors. Timeliness of store operations, like, how quick after acknowledging a trailer is the freight worked for that area in relation to when pulls are generated for a given area.

In general, most activities that affect data in a store update within a minute, at the longest, like pull, backstock, ePick, sales floor capacity, quantity, and on-hand changes, etc. And yet, at other times, glitches in myDay may cause the user to think they've initiated an activity without it actually taking place. This may have ancillary effects downstream. This is why it's important to validate activity if you have any reason to question it. i.e. myDay was acting weird, did I really backstock a qty of 8, and so on.

This has been my experience, anyway.

I am not sure if it is a staggered rollout or not, but these priority pull changes are shit. They need to stop changing how they calculate metrics.
I don't know if double posts are frowned on here? If so, I apologize.

What don't you like about them? I personally think the idea of priority pulls are way more value added for our store than OFO. Tweaking may be needed, but generally speaking, for time spent, it's a much better use of my team's time.

Speaking of priority pulls, my store is having an issue. Everyone is saying that if we want to do one for ones and keep our metrics green, then we need to first do out of stocks, then priority pulls, and then one for ones. Is that true? I was looking at some dashboard on greenfield and it definitely doesn't seem like we ever actually need to do priority pulls.

Speaking of priority pulls, my store is having an issue. Everyone is saying that if we want to do one for ones and keep our metrics green, then we need to first do out of stocks, then priority pulls, and then one for ones. Is that true? I was looking at some dashboard on greenfield and it definitely doesn't seem like we ever actually need to do priority pulls.
It probably depends on the individual characteristics of your store. If you were already doing OFO every day without any problem, with time to spare for other operations which needed to be complete, then by all means, continue your process.

Priority pulls are an answer to stores, that for one reason or another, have so much difficulty completing them, that they aren't being done in any meaningful way.

It probably depends on the individual characteristics of your store. If you were already doing OFO every day without any problem, with time to spare for other operations which needed to be complete, then by all means, continue your process.

Priority pulls are an answer to stores, that for one reason or another, have so much difficulty completing them, that they aren't being done in any meaningful way.
I 100% agree with you. OFOs work great for my particular store, so we would like to continue doing them. I am a huge proponent for other stores doing priority pulls because I know a lot of them struggle to get to OFOs, so they need another option.

My question is whether or not stores are being held accountable for doing priority pulls as a metric. If we do zero priority pulls per week, but we are completely on top of our OFOs, is corporate going to care? We're literally keeping the floor fuller and the backroom emptier than the stores that are just doing priority pulls, but my store seems to think we have to do priorities first and then OFOs in order to get credit for the priority metric.

I 100% agree with you. OFOs work great for my particular store, so we would like to continue doing them. I am a huge proponent for other stores doing priority pulls because I know a lot of them struggle to get to OFOs, so they need another option.

My question is whether or not stores are being held accountable for doing priority pulls as a metric. If we do zero priority pulls per week, but we are completely on top of our OFOs, is corporate going to care? We're literally keeping the floor fuller and the backroom emptier than the stores that are just doing priority pulls, but my store seems to think we have to do priorities first and then OFOs in order to get credit for the priority metric.

I see. If you are doing OFO instead of Priority, you are still pulling Priority pulls. To make this case, Greenfield has recently updated its homepage to be the "Stores Dashboard." From here you can click the Operations Tab, and then the Fill Performance Report. On this page, the first tab is "Fill Performance - Holistic Priority w/BR Loc" card. Note the following:

1664071616410.png

It is measuring how much of your store's priority pulls are pulled via different batch types, such as by OFO, Priority, or OOS. So if you're pulling them with OFO and you're completing your OFO to a high %, then you will have a high Priority pulled %, period!

If someone says otherwise, then challenge them.

I see. If you are doing OFO instead of Priority, you are still pulling Priority pulls. To make this case, Greenfield has recently updated its homepage to be the "Stores Dashboard." From here you can click the Operations Tab, and then the Fill Performance Report. On this page, the first tab is "Fill Performance - Holistic Priority w/BR Loc" card. Note the following:

View attachment 14164

It is measuring how much of your store's priority pulls are pulled via different batch types, such as by OFO, Priority, or OOS. So if you're pulling them with OFO and you're completing your OFO to a high %, then you will have a high Priority pulled %, period!

If someone says otherwise, then challenge them.
Awesome, thank you. Is this the case with OOS as well?

Only one location?

Awesome, thank you. Is this the case with OOS as well?
I don't believe the OOS pull metric has been updated in MPM to signify completion when executed through the OFO. Obviously stupid, but hopefully you have management that realizes that and doesn't care as long as the pull numbers are high. (Afterall it is, you know, a pretty easy case to make if you share the other, relevant metrics.)

Something that could be a cool pulling feature is "Add to checklist". If it wants me to pull 43 of an item. I know that's wrong lol. So kinda like check dates. just go around your dept verifying counts.

"scan location"
"can 4 fit"
"is there 2 there"

next loc.

Something small but I think it could improve sales floor accuracy too.

Something that could be a cool pulling feature is "Add to checklist". If it wants me to pull 43 of an item. I know that's wrong lol. So kinda like check dates. just go around your dept verifying counts.
They'd be manual audits instead of the auto ones that drop in everyday? That'd be nice actually.

Capacity audits alongside the Inventory audits, maybe? That sounds a bit better than manual.

I just wish they'd bring back the "This item should fit on the floor. Are you sure you want to backstock it?" message that myWork used to have so you'd know if something you were backstocking was going to immediately pull again. Seems like it'd be simple and save enough labor to be worth it.

Can you not print out single product labels from the hip printer anymore? I had the correct labels loaded into my printer and when I hit print 'generic label it popped up the green bar that said it printed but nothing came out. The only type of printer I seem to be able to print in the UPC tags that print on the defectives size stickers.

I'd rather not create batches to print off in the signing room especially if it is only a tag or two, but I can't figure out what the fix is.

I'd rather not create batches to print off in the signing room especially if it is only a tag or two, but I can't figure out what the fix is.
HiP printers have honestly been really weird in the past few months.
They'd be manual audits instead of the auto ones that drop in everyday? That'd be nice actually.
would be so nice.
This item should fit on the floor. Are you sure you want to backstock it?
Never used myWork other than defecting so I didn't even know this existed!. Sounds good but annoying lol.

Back