MEGATHREAD myDay app

The login screen for self-checkout has a barcode you’re able to scan in myDay that will log you into the register. It happens pretty fast and works when going into store mode as well. There’s still an option for manual login, but using a device is much quicker and more secure since no one can record you putting in your numbers.

Just don’t misplace your device.

The login screen for self-checkout has a barcode you’re able to scan in myDay that will log you into the register. It happens pretty fast and works when going into store mode as well. There’s still an option for manual login, but using a device is much quicker and more secure since no one can record you putting in your numbers.

Just don’t misplace your device.
They should add this to the electronics registers.

Feature request for the Target app and website for the store.

Ability for a TL and UP to close certain parts of the store on the app and website if it’s not open for the day or a few hours. Starbucks is an example that it would be useful to have that for.

Feature requestfor MyDay

Ability for whoever is at the front end to send a notification to everyone that backup is needed (at checkout) and whoever responds should accept the notification.

Ability to see if the person running the checkout is under/over the age to scan alcohol/age restricted items

Ability to see who is on what checkout and who is running SCO.

Ability to make notes about checkout lanes and SCO. Example if the lane can’t take money someone makes a note and it’s in MyDay until it’s fixed.

Ability for all TMs to see who is clocked in or on meal. Also the ability to add if you have a walkie or not (if you have an AP one only people with an AP one and TMs who need to know who/where AP ones are (like SD))
Ability to see how many TMs are in a department.
List of keys and who has what key (example who has the electronic key and who has a bailer key)
List of TMs who have a key and what keys they have

List of all TL and above who are clocked in or on lunch
Technically speaking, if you ever get a visit and Starbucks is closed, I’m almost certain the store can be fined.

MyCheckout just uses the target.com API's. I was told the reason it was so hard to get variation selectors into myDay was because its using the stores server room, which doesn't contain variation data. Why they can not have a load-balanced centralized server is beyond me.

MyCheckout just uses the target.com API's. I was told the reason it was so hard to get variation selectors into myDay was because its using the stores server room, which doesn't contain variation data. Why they can not have a load-balanced centralized server is beyond me.
but why does myDay have to use APIs local to the server room? Can it not reach into the internet? Or rather to targets own servers?

but why does myDay have to use APIs local to the server room? Can it not reach into the internet? Or rather to targets own servers?
That's what I am wondering. I guess I am not a network engineer though. I assume maybe to be less reliant on a central point of failure, but every outage I have been through has been a complete disaster for every store.

That's what I am wondering. I guess I am not a network engineer though. I assume maybe to be less reliant on a central point of failure, but every outage I have been through has been a complete disaster for every store.
Me either lol. But the thing is I feel like that wouldn't be used often? EVEN THEN its not like the API would call a local point. idk. maybe I'm underthinking this lmfao.

Anyone use the latest TC58 Zebra? Our store designated it just for ETL'S and TL'S. Other than it having a larger screen what's the pros and cons?
Tap to wake (like iPhones) and a new RFID scanner can hold it.
I don’t know any Zebras that have a SIM card installed at my store but if one needs it these have 5g

Tap to wake (like iPhones) and a new RFID scanner can hold it.
I don’t know any Zebras that have a SIM card installed at my store but if one needs it these have 5g
I’ve seen some in my old zebras. They’re Verizon SIM cards. Which is odd because they all say no service

Back