MEGATHREAD myDay app

Ability to use Zebra as a remote scanner for POS.
Barcode generator for other TMs or the POS to scan if it’s having trouble scanning the back stock codes.

Ability to mark backstock barcodes as needed to be replaced.

Ability to mark an item and/or security as stolen and scan a few items near where it was found and have the location sent to AP. The “items” (empty boxes” would go somewhere for AP to investigate.

Ability to see who’s in or not and if they are on break/lunch/meeting or not.

Ability to use Zebra as a remote scanner for POS.
Great idea. Very unnecessary tho. A huge want but far from a need.
Barcode generator for other TMs or the POS to scan if it’s having trouble scanning the back stock codes.
I use a barcode generator for my shifts, however, target does not like that. Irrc back when @Mikuhl had myStore up and running. Target had a few restrictions they wanted to implement and a lot of them did end up being the barcode generators.
Its clear target doesn't like barcode generators, but it would be extremely hard to say "don't use them"
Ability to mark backstock barcodes as needed to be replaced.
This would be a great idea with that other kinda feature I thought of (when a capacity is wrong). Label it like "Todo." Just tasks made by team members that need to get done by the next day.
Ability to mark an item and/or security as stolen and scan a few items near where it was found and have the location sent to AP. The “items” (empty boxes” would go somewhere for AP to investigate.
Old empty package app used to ask for the isle number. Now it doesn't Don't really know if it made/makes much of a difference.
Ability to see who’s in or not and if they are on break/lunch/meeting or not.
IF they'd implement this it would honestly probably only be for TLs or maybe even ETLs.

Is there a possibility of adding a way to see when something was last returned or returned to stock from fulfillment? I have items that suddenly have on-hands that haven't been delivered in weeks but I can't find them. There is no way to know if it is a glitch or if it was returned or something. On the item details page, maybe a line for 'last returned' or 'last returned to stock'? So there is a way to figure out where product might be?

I'm not sure if this would be useful year round, but I think right now it would be. With so much going on in store, if I saw it was returned this morning, I would be able to just go straight up to GS to look for the item instead of looking in back.

So do I. It’s type 39 and no spaces if it’s for the backstock labels

Fun fact, any kind of bar code the Zebra can scan will work. You can do QR codes if you really want to.
I'm used to using Code 128 since that what some of our fulfillment labels are coded as.
Is there a possibility of adding a way to see when something was last returned or returned to stock from fulfillment? I have items that suddenly have on-hands that haven't been delivered in weeks but I can't find them. There is no way to know if it is a glitch or if it was returned or something. On the item details page, maybe a line for 'last returned' or 'last returned to stock'? So there is a way to figure out where product might be?

I'm not sure if this would be useful year round, but I think right now it would be. With so much going on in store, if I saw it was returned this morning, I would be able to just go straight up to GS to look for the item instead of looking in back.
I've been hoping for that for years, but it either hasn't made it up the chain far enough or it's something they don't feel they need to implement. Also curious on what the lag for that would be, just like for sales. How long does it take to show up out of inventory and in myDay as 'sold' after it goes through the register? How long would it take for the reverse?

As of now I don’t think so because when putting those items on the shelf I don’t have to do anything special that says it’s from a return or an order that wasn’t picked up.

They could do something similar to fulfillment or pills where you start the task and when you’re done it knows you put the items back on the floor

you know i think we've all silently wanted this but we just never spoke it out into existence lol.

you know i think we've all silently wanted this but we just never spoke it out into existence lol
Yes. It’s easy to add. Mount a scanner to the reshop section and make every item be required to scan before it’s added to a shelf. When taken out they are then added to a cart (that has a barcode and is then the location of the items) and the TM/TMs working on reshop say when they are done with the cart by scanning the barcode that’s easily removable from the cart and kept in guest services when not in use.

It's probably been fixed for a week or two at this point, but I just noticed it today and I'm really happy about it. When issuing a P.O. it no longer prints out stickers for those POs unless you assign more than one at a time. It is just a little thing, but it is going save so much waste in the long run.

Yes. It’s easy to add. Mount a scanner to the reshop section and make every item be required to scan before it’s added to a shelf. When taken out they are then added to a cart (that has a barcode and is then the location of the items) and the TM/TMs working on reshop say when they are done with the cart by scanning the barcode that’s easily removable from the cart and kept in guest services when not in use.
😂 user came full circle to the old “Put Away” app on the PDAs and scanning reshop on the register and printing mile long locations on receipt paper

😂 user came full circle to the old “Put Away” app on the PDAs and scanning reshop on the register and printing mile long locations on receipt paper
Didn’t know that was a thing. I started with the current zebra/MyDevice Home Screen layout.

That’s an idea but should be built into MyDay

Oh, boy.

: thinks about reshop currently piled up on the floor, spilling out of bins, and crammed randomly into unsorted carts. :

Last edited:
Oh, boy.

: thinks about reshop piled up on the floor, spilling out of bins, and crammed randomly into unsorted carts. :

It's like when they tried to have items tied to a cart when we did pulls. Everyone who was here for that knows exactly why it was dropped so quickly- because it was a waste of time and unnecessary.

I wish we had like a personal list that you can add items to that will stay there until you remove them. Could be used for items that you would like to check on frequently. Recently scanned works, but then they get pushed off the list.
I found a work around for items that guest are asking for/purchasing a lot that I used yesterday. The items were Thanksgiving related

I printed the barcodes on sticker labels and stuck it on a sheet of paper and made it fit in my zebra pocket.
It worked well but I had to find a printer and the sticker labels to make the barcodes

Oh, boy.

: thinks about reshop currently piled up on the floor, spilling out of bins, and crammed randomly into unsorted carts. :
It could help by saying what cart to place it in. Sometimes guest services puts some items that belong in other sections in the cart for my reshop section. Example seasonal items or quest protein drinks go to market when they aren’t in market

It could help by saying what cart to place it in. Sometimes guest services puts some items that belong in other sections in the cart for my reshop section. Example seasonal items or quest protein drinks go to market when they aren’t in market

You feel free to go ahead and scan all this and get it into the correct bin with all the free time you have.
PXL_20220721_113446290.jpg

Retail moves too fast for a lot of the items on your wishlist. Even simple routines are hard to maintain all the time.

yep. Zebra can do the same thing.... co-workers still refuse to use one or don't have one available.
And only "sometimes?" -- this is a day-in, day-out issue at our store.

I just pick my products out of the pile, and move on with my day.

Last edited:
You feel free to go ahead and scan all this and get it into the correct bin with all the free time you have.

Retail moves too fast for a lot of the items on your wish list. Even simple routines are hard to maintain all the time.

My eye started twitching when I saw that photo. I have similar photos from my store.

I get irritated if my reshop bin is even close to being remotely full.

Back