MEGATHREAD myDay app

Do other stores have an issue where the single item markdown label doesn't scan at the register which leads to GS doing a "price error" on the original UPC which leads to a price audit?

Anyone tried the new search? It looks nicer visually but it still difficult to find airpods without cases and accessories thrown into the mix. Typing PS5 gives me aisle doesn't exist 🥴

I think there should be an option to sort by price or have a better filter besides dept.
Yeah, could we have the option of selecting “Stocked in Stores”. I did a search today for something and the majority of hits were online only. No fun scrolling through all of them when you are only looking for the aisle number of something to direct a guest in the right direction.

Yeah, could we have the option of selecting “Stocked in Stores”. I did a search today for something and the majority of hits were online only. No fun scrolling through all of them when you are only looking for the aisle number of something to direct a guest in the right direction.
Need, the "Target Certified Refurbished" products are so annoying cause they have the exact same picture and name as the ones you are looking for.

I've been saything this for EONs but the reason that literally everysingle user of myStore loved myStore was because it used Target.com search instead of the myDay / myWork search.

I understand why its there but for 99/100 cases, a TM wants Target.com search. Solution? Have a little toggle! Internal search or Target.com search!

Do other stores have an issue where the single item markdown label doesn't scan at the register which leads to GS doing a "price error" on the original UPC which leads to a price audit?
Nope, though there's a very easy solution to this.

Teach cashiers to NOT use sign/label error for things like this. Use missed circle, or some other option that doesn't generate a price audit task.
That and....my store just never has markdown stickers to begin with. It's dumb, but my store's leadership had us defect anything online-only that gets returned.

I'm all about defecting stuff out. Those one-off markdowns don't scan the right price on the zebra and apparently not at the register either. More trouble than they're worth IMO. In the salvage bin they go!

I'm all about defecting stuff out. Those one-off markdowns don't scan the right price on the zebra and apparently not at the register either. More trouble than they're worth IMO. In the salvage bin they go!

I hate seeing items that suppose to be part of a POG but you can't add a location to it even though it has a DPCI and description. Salvage it goes!!

Also will not bother to myhelp it either because whoever job it is to fix 'item not found' doesn't exist.

Haven't heard about this and I use that single item markdown sort of often. I make sure to cover up the original UPC with a blank clearance sticker though, maybe that helps?

Haven't heard about this and I use that single item markdown sort of often. I make sure to cover up the original UPC with a blank clearance sticker though, maybe that helps?
If you scan the new barcode with the zebra, it comes up regular price. What's the point of allowing a markdown if the barcode doesn't scan the new price?

Defect it is then!

The barcode is for the item itself. There's nothing that you could possibly scan to show you the different price, because that's not how the system works.

If you scan the new barcode with the zebra, it comes up regular price. What's the point of allowing a markdown if the barcode doesn't scan the new price?

Defect it is then!
Must be this is a recent change/glitch then. It's been a while, but when I scanned the barcode on the mark-down sticker, it showed the reduced price. And I could mark it down even further.

Must be this is a recent change/glitch then. It's been a while, but when I scanned the barcode on the mark-down sticker, it showed the reduced price. And I could mark it down even further.
Yes I think you're right. I discovered it because I was going to defect out something that had already been marked down and it still scanned regular price with the new barcode. So when I marked down another item later on, I scanned the barcode to double check and it did the same thing.

Knowing now that these items generate a price audit, I've chosen to just get rid of them and save everyone the headache, lol. I did confer with my lead and they are fine with it.

Speaking of price audits, one thing I've noticed is that in Style, if someone challenges a price that generates an audit, if we don't have the exact size item in the store, we have to select can't find. Sometimes we only have one of a certain item in a certain size but we still have other sizes. I can still take care of the issue whether it's zoning or signage or even price marked, but in the system it can look like I just pencil-whipped a "can't find".

I feel like you should be able to scan a different size and the system will recognize that it's the same item.

Speaking of price audits, one thing I've noticed is that in Style, if someone challenges a price that generates an audit, if we don't have the exact size item in the store, we have to select can't find. Sometimes we only have one of a certain item in a certain size but we still have other sizes. I can still take care of the issue whether it's zoning or signage or even price marked, but in the system it can look like I just pencil-whipped a "can't find".

I feel like you should be able to scan a different size and the system will recognize that it's the same item.
Don't hit "can't find" then. Key in the DPCI in and enter the price. There is no reason to get dinged just because you don't physically have the item.

Yes I think you're right. I discovered it because I was going to defect out something that had already been marked down and it still scanned regular price with the new barcode. So when I marked down another item later on, I scanned the barcode to double check and it did the same thing.

Knowing now that these items generate a price audit, I've chosen to just get rid of them and save everyone the headache, lol. I did confer with my lead and they are fine with it.
I don't mark down that many items. As long as it's still an option on the zebra and I'm not told to not do it, I'll still keep using it. Some things will sell, others won't. I have to defect out so much due to "guest tampering," it's ridiculous. Why anyone thinks it's okay to rip open the box containing a bottle of cough syrup is beyond me. Can't mark that down, but a slightly smooshed box of protein bars will sell.
You're right about the new bar code not scanning the reduced price, but as long as I put a sticker over the original bar code so the cashier has to look at the "reduced price" sticker with the reduced price printed on it, the guest will still get the lower price.

I don't mark down that many items. As long as it's still an option on the zebra and I'm not told to not do it, I'll still keep using it. Some things will sell, others won't. I have to defect out so much due to "guest tampering," it's ridiculous. Why anyone thinks it's okay to rip open the box containing a bottle of cough syrup is beyond me. Can't mark that down, but a slightly smooshed box of protein bars will sell.
You're right about the new bar code not scanning the reduced price, but as long as I put a sticker over the original bar code so the cashier has to look at the "reduced price" sticker with the reduced price printed on it, the guest will still get the lower price.
As someone else said though, depending on what they select, it could generate a price audit. Not the end of the world, but still slightly annoying, lol.

Back