MEGATHREAD myDay app

Is there a legit way to turn off drive up notifications if you're not in drive up? If not, there absolutely should be something, maybe by role, where you can turn them off or they're disabled by default. I'm On Demand, and I could swear the last time I worked I wasn't getting constant alerts, but last night was ridiculous.

My store does heavy drive up business and the alerts are constant. They drown out call box alerts, which are the ones I actually need as a GM TM. I don't need an endless stream of alerts that people are on their way and have arrived. That's not my work center. I'm not bringing orders out. I'm not assembling orders. None of those alerts mean a damn thing to me or the 80-90% of TMs in the store at the time as those alerts don't apply to our jobs and are drowning out alerts that DO relate to our jobs. Please, let us turn them off in ways that don't interfere with a drive up TM who might pick up our device later.

Is there a legit way to turn off drive up notifications if you're not in drive up? If not, there absolutely should be something, maybe by role, where you can turn them off or they're disabled by default. I'm On Demand, and I could swear the last time I worked I wasn't getting constant alerts, but last night was ridiculous.

My store does heavy drive up business and the alerts are constant. They drown out call box alerts, which are the ones I actually need as a GM TM. I don't need an endless stream of alerts that people are on their way and have arrived. That's not my work center. I'm not bringing orders out. I'm not assembling orders. None of those alerts mean a damn thing to me or the 80-90% of TMs in the store at the time as those alerts don't apply to our jobs and are drowning out alerts that DO relate to our jobs. Please, let us turn them off in ways that don't interfere with a drive up TM who might pick up our device later.
You can just reprocess the Pickup app from the TEP Agent application. As long as you don’t open the Pickup app again, you’ll stop receiving notifications.

You have to open the pickup app to get/hear the alerts so don't do that if you aren't working DU.
Agree so much with @IWishIKnew. My store has a lot of DU orders too and it's constant all shift long. I cope with it by turning the volume way down. The alerts are still there but not nearly as annoying.

I never open the pickup app though so why do I still get the alerts? Sometimes, the person using the zebra before me will have been in that app and I have to close it but not usually. Do I need to reboot the zebra before I log in?

I never open the pickup app though so why do I still get the alerts? Sometimes, the person using the zebra before me will have been in that app and I have to close it but not usually. Do I need to reboot the zebra before I log in?
easy way yeah reboot.

Medium way you can just hit sign out when you're in the pickup app and it will force close it accomplishing that

moderately harder way is to open the TEP Agent app then goto products on the bottom and select on pickup then the red button that says reprocess

Recent list of grievances:
  • Can we get the alerts fixed so that if it's longer than one line, the notification gets taller to display it all. Most notably for call outs... all I see is the name, it cuts off date and time of shift.
    On that note, the team tab: would love to see call in late/absent on the list next to each TM so we don't have to manually update our list in MPM when the alert comes in or risk missing it.
  • Update floor capacity on system-led audit screen
  • Add unlocated audits for dairy/frozen, not just meat. Tired of freight still getting pushed getting wiped out by the morning audit if they don't check if it was received
  • Let me audit something being picked without going to an ETL, even if restricted to TL. How you get around it being in a batch is account for whether the flex TM has scanned it to their cart or not. Gotta be some logic they can work in there.
  • Let me audit something recently pulled, even if restricted to TL
  • Add a little % in the corner of the pull/backstock tab on the home screen so I can glance at completion rather than needing to click in
  • Add quantity to last delivered
  • Help/support button on an item's detail page so I don't have to go through chatbot
That's my brain dump for the day. Mostly inventory related. Fulfillment related will have to wait for another day. Off to bed 😴

Recent list of grievances:
  • Can we get the alerts fixed so that if it's longer than one line, the notification gets taller to display it all. Most notably for call outs... all I see is the name, it cuts off date and time of shift.
    On that note, the team tab: would love to see call in late/absent on the list next to each TM so we don't have to manually update our list in MPM when the alert comes in or risk missing it.
  • Update floor capacity on system-led audit screen
  • Add unlocated audits for dairy/frozen, not just meat. Tired of freight still getting pushed getting wiped out by the morning audit if they don't check if it was received
  • Let me audit something being picked without going to an ETL, even if restricted to TL. How you get around it being in a batch is account for whether the flex TM has scanned it to their cart or not. Gotta be some logic they can work in there.
  • Let me audit something recently pulled, even if restricted to TL
  • Add a little % in the corner of the pull/backstock tab on the home screen so I can glance at completion rather than needing to click in
  • Add quantity to last delivered
  • Help/support button on an item's detail page so I don't have to go through chatbot
That's my brain dump for the day. Mostly inventory related. Fulfillment related will have to wait for another day. Off to bed 😴
I thought if the sentence was longer the text was scrollable in Alerts? Or most if not all of myDay as an app.

Is there a way to override the system when it tells you that you can't inventory audit because the item was recently pulled? I understand why they do that, but if I'm pushing my own tech 1 for 1s, I can't audit the inventory for the things I push out. If I backstock overpush, it just puts the item in the 1 for 1s again.

Is there a way to override the system when it tells you that you can't inventory audit because the item was recently pulled? I understand why they do that, but if I'm pushing my own tech 1 for 1s, I can't audit the inventory for the things I push out. If I backstock overpush, it just puts the item in the 1 for 1s again.
Not as far as I know. Same with if it was delivered that day. I've had to wait weeks to audit something because we get some every truck. Maybe your SD can do it? I know they have some restrictions removed from myDay.

Not as far as I know. Same with if it was delivered that day. I've had to wait weeks to audit something because we get some every truck. Maybe your SD can do it? I know they have some restrictions removed from myDay.
Got it. My workaround is changing the capacity, and then changing it back when I'm finally able to audit again. Otherwise, I get in this vicious cycle where I have to pull 1 for 1s that I just backstocked.

This happened a while back with bottled water. It was ridiculous how many pallets were piling up. Fortunately it was during a hot spell and it finally sold down. Took a while though.

This happened a while back with bottled water. It was ridiculous how many pallets were piling up. Fortunately it was during a hot spell and it finally sold down. Took a while though.
They send us WAY too much water which takes up a lot of space in our tight backroom.

In the past we put water on a end cap so could put a lot more there.

It is now on shelves which the limit about 24 or 36.

Also in the Midwest we won't be having too many "hot spells" this time of year.

This is so annoying, you should 100% be able to audit recently pulled items that you pulled yourself. 😠

However, the item should not appear in the pulls if you have your floor count maxed to capacity.

This is so annoying, you should 100% be able to audit recently pulled items that you pulled yourself. 😠

However, the item should not appear in the pulls if you have your floor count maxed to capacity.
Yeah that's why I temporarily reduce the capacity lol. I rarely do tech, I just fill in sometimes.

Yeah that's why I temporarily reduce the capacity lol. I rarely do tech, I just fill in sometimes.
You don't have to lower the capacity, you just have to raise the floor count to capacity. In fact pulls would act MUCH better if capacities did not exist. If you backstock something, it should stay backstocked until someone purchases one on the floor.

You don't have to lower the capacity, you just have to raise the floor count to capacity. In fact pulls would act MUCH better if capacities did not exist. If you backstock something, it should stay backstocked until someone purchases one on the floor.
I'm curious about that. Would you still have a floor count(sfq)? What if the team wasn't pushing the truck correctly? When you backstock, would it subtract the backstocked quantity from the SFQ? What would be the mechanism for correcting a light salesfloor with quantities in the back? Exception fill / manual item fill?

I'm curious about that. Would you still have a floor count(sfq)? What if the team wasn't pushing the truck correctly? When you backstock, would it subtract the backstocked quantity from the SFQ? What would be the mechanism for correcting a light salesfloor with quantities in the back? Exception fill / manual item fill?
Yeah the current capacities fix the problem of people doing their job incorrectly. But it causes an annoyance for everyone else too. But yes, EXF batches and correcting people doing their job incorrectly would be much better than the current capacities system.

I don't like increasing the floor count capacity because it could screw with online orders. If the system thinks we have an extra of something, it'll let guests order it for pickup.

I don't like increasing the floor count capacity because it could screw with online orders. If the system thinks we have an extra of something, it'll let guests order it for pickup.
target knows how fucked up floor count is and im pretty sure item availability does not use it, on hands is more likely what is used.

Back