Archived New employees vs. older employees

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I've read before that Spot gives all the nice benefits to the new employees and screws over their older employees, but I just witnessed it first hand now and to be honest it's pretty shitty. So right now we have 6 guys in Electronics and we just hired a new guy, so that makes 7. Back in February I expressed interest in doing ad signing on Sunday mornings, whether it be for Electronics or any other part of the store didn't matter since we already had one of our guys doing ad signing for Electronics every Sunday. They told me they'd look into it, and their response was pretty much that they didn't have training hours and I never heard from them again. So now this new guy is hired and he's doing ad signing for Electronics on Sunday's (effectively kicking out our guys that's been doing it for years) and on the schedule he's the only one with an 8 hour Electronics shift and 5 whole days scheduled. One of our guys that's been there for over a year was scheduled 8am on Sunday (8-midnight the day before), closing 2 more days, and then Hardlines on a Saturday giving him only 16 hours and 4 days scheduled. Another one of our guys put in his 2 weeks, and I won't be surprised if more people followed.

UPDATE: The guy with the schedule I mentioned put in his 2 weeks a day after I posted this.

UPDATE 2: Another guy up and quit without putting in his 2 weeks, and then someone else is on an already scheduled vacation for the schedule that came out yesterday so that just leaves myself, new guy, and the veteran employee. Oh and the new guy wants to transfer stores, although I'm not sure if they'll approve it since everyone is leaving and he's in his 90 days.

Last edited:
T
I'm pretty sure I've read before that Spot gives all the nice benefits to the new employees and screws over their older employees, but I just witnessed it first hand now and to be honest it's pretty shitty. So right now we have 6 guys in Electronics and we just hired a new guy, so that makes 7. Back in February I expressed interest in doing ad signing on Sunday mornings, whether it be for Electronics or any other part of the store didn't matter since we already had one of our guys doing ad signing for Electronics every Sunday. They told me they'd look into it, and their response was pretty much that they didn't have training hours and I never heard from them again. So now this new guy is hired and he's doing ad signing for Electronics on Sunday's (effectively kicking out our guys that's been doing it for years) and on the schedule he's the only one with an 8 hour Electronics shift and 5 whole days scheduled. One of our guys that's been there for over a year was scheduled 8am on Sunday (8-midnight the day before), closing 2 more days, and then Hardlines on a Saturday giving him only 16 hours and 4 days scheduled. Another one of our guys put in his 2 weeks, and I won't be surprised if more people followed.
thats spot for you

Yup, that's Spot for ya!

On the other hand, I would love having just 1 shift a week, but Spot wasn't a serious source of income for me, just a means to a discount

Then you must be retired with a check coming in to be able to get by on one shift a week.

Congratulations!

Wth dose that have do do with anything. Guy is trying to earn a living and spot is shafting him.
giphy-facebook_s.jpg

Must be nice to have that many electronic team members, we only ever have a max of three (3).

Then you must be retired with a check coming in to be able to get by on one shift a week.

Congratulations!

I wish! Target just wasn't my "main" job, it was 2nd one like a lot of other TMs. Few extra bucks is always useful, but love Spot's discount MORE, particularly the enhanced wellness discount.

We have a memes thread for that reason.
The reason why spot gave the shift to the newbie was because of his pay. The newbie will get tired of the Sunday ad shift & the regular tm will get it back.

Last edited:
Fact that your a middle aged man using memes is pretty funny might wanna start acting your age maybe you could be do something other than food ave or being a cart boy
Middle-aged? Hardly.
Kartman's a Navy vet from the Viet Nam era & was serving his country well before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye.
Mind yer manners.

Middle-aged? Hardly.
Kartman's a Navy vet from the Viet Nam era & was serving his country well before you were a gleam in your daddy's eye.
Mind yer manners.
Nice try my dad served in nam to so.. Maybe kartman should think before he assumes people are well of and can survive on low hours. Better yet he should be thankful he can survive off the hours he getnot every one get a military pension.

Nice try my dad served in nam to so.. Maybe kartman should think before he assumes people are well of and can survive on low hours. Better yet he should be thankful he can survive off the hours he getnot every one get a military pension.
Nam vet does not equal pension...ask my uncle who left after 15yrs lol.

Not saying it does you have to do 20 years for pension. My point being was if he is getting one and he has two sources of income might not be much but he has two. Doesn't make sense for him to assume somebody else is well off

Crikey.

The hate is strong with this one.

He's perfect for that other site.

And yet you're making assumptions, too.
What makes you so sure he's got a pension?
Lots of 'Nam vets don't.

Last edited:
I don't, but I'm cool.

Can anyone recognize me?

Hint - top pic...

Last edited:
Sorry to sound like a newbie but what does "spot" mean? Everyone keeps saying it and I'm so lost as to what it's supposed to stand for lol

And yet you're making assumptions, too.
What makes you so sure he's got a pension?
Lots of 'Nam vets don't.
If your read my last post I said that maybe he doesn't. My point being is he assumed that someone with one shift a week was well off who is he to assume. I think we can all agree here that a lot of people don't get by on just target. Maybe their spouse or partner works another job or maybe this is their second job...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back