Archived New one year return policy

Status
Not open for further replies.
With everything Target is doing now such as not saying "No" to guests anymore is making everything a joke. What is the point of policies if we are not going to fallow them? I have no problem changing a 30 dollar DVD down to 15 if the guest believes they are over charged. I find it crazy if a guest is buying a 400 dollar vacuum and they are saying it is 15 bucks. I am VERY tempted to go in and do that right in front of the STL... VERY tempted but I wont do it.

Bullselle, this sounds like what we are starting to hear too. Same thing happened right after the breach to bring guests back. Maybe target didn't have a very good fourth quarter this year..trying to build that happy feeling back, but, I find this kind of approach just helps the problem guests, the coupon scammers and the fraudulent returners.

My store never stopped doing that "say yes to the guest" bullshit. I got in trouble (but negotiated my way out of a coaching for having a valid point) when a guest attempted to return a 15 month old toaster that did not work. He had the item and the receipt, but no packaging. Target.com showed that the item was now $4.98 or some low random clearance price, and it was no longer in store. 15 MONTHS. I turned the guest down. 10 minutes later, LOD comes to me and says to do the return as 99999 no barcode and give full price back, and defect it as a CRC after the return so that it is not counted against us. 15 MONTHS. Just let that sink in.

Another time, our new STL hounded me for not doing a missed coupon for a guest. I turned it down because it was cartwheel, and the woman had 21 missed coupon items. I couldn't refund because most of it was food. I'm not doing 21 individual missed coupon things, and I informed the STL to. He asked why, and I told him because it takes 15 minutes of otherwise valuable time away from other guests. Later on, he asked me to show him how to do it so he knows for the future. After showing him 3 different items, he told me we aren't doing cartwheel adjustments anymore unless it's 1 or 2 items, or the items are returned and rebought. I felt so proud that I converted my STL's beliefs about that one.

The problem with that is double charging the card if they used a debit. I know that I hate when I am temporarily double charged until one transaction drops off because I work at Target and have no money. Also, doing the missed coupon and ad substitute is the right way to do it according to Workbench.

I read the REDWire on the policy today. There is no $$ amount given on non receipt returns (I don't know where the $250 came in), but there must be a limit because the statement was made that the guest won't have to exchange for an item in the same department after the limit has been reached. Depending on the guest, I usually just given them a gift card rather than make them exchange for stuff anyway. It's easier and quicker. Honestly, we're already doing everything the policy states on EVERYTHING, even items that aren't Target branded with the exception of letting the guest tell us what he paid if there's no receipt and the item is no longer in the system. Big whoop over nothing, I think.

Are there gonna be scanners abusing the system? Yep, but that happens anyway, so what?

Just smile, thank the guest for shopping with us and go on.

I read the REDWire on the policy today. There is no $$ amount given on non receipt returns (I don't know where the $250 came in), but there must be a limit because the statement was made that the guest won't have to exchange for an item in the same department after the limit has been reached. Depending on the guest, I usually just given them a gift card rather than make them exchange for stuff anyway. It's easier and quicker. Honestly, we're already doing everything the policy states on EVERYTHING, even items that aren't Target branded with the exception of letting the guest tell us what he paid if there's no receipt and the item is no longer in the system. Big whoop over nothing, I think.

Are there gonna be scanners abusing the system? Yep, but that happens anyway, so what?

Just smile, thank the guest for shopping with us and go on.

So did you have your team read up on it? Also with bike repairs i wonder how thats gonna go over with my store have a lot of bike repairs think our bike builder has ten back there every week.

So did you have your team read up on it? Also with bike repairs i wonder how thats gonna go over with my store have a lot of bike repairs think our bike builder has ten back there every week.

He won't have to repair them, just give them a new bike.

Bike repairs is a non issue at my store. We just gave them a refund if it was within 90 days cuz we don't have anybody who can do repairs. I've been at this store for almost a year and I've never seen a bike repair request.

I had most of my team look over the new policy and they just shrugged and said, "Mkay...whatever"

Bike repairs is a non issue at my store. We just gave them a refund if it was within 90 days cuz we don't have anybody who can do repairs. I've been at this store for almost a year and I've never seen a bike repair request.

I had most of my team look over the new policy and they just shrugged and said, "Mkay...whatever"

You don't have a bike builder in your store?

How do I find the REDwire about this? (How do I find anything on REDwire, for that matter? Seriously, when I log in from a work PC I only see today's alerts. I see a ton more stuff when logged in on a PDA, but nothing about this return policy.)
On the top right of REDWire, click on Switch Role, then select ETL. That should get you everything that's available for viewing.

Please note: tv's that are returned, need to be check by pmt & not by a electronics tm/tl, if the tv is not in a sealed box.

We have a mantra for the front-end at my store, espoused by the STL on down: "It ain't [sic] your money."

Seriously, returns exist in the ethereal, somewhere between "the cost of doing business" and "loss leaders". They just are, and no amount of righteous indignation over taking something back is going to change that.

If the receipt's expired - big red X screen - we use the guest's ID. Mark the price back up to what's on the receipt; gift card it. If no receipt and POS asks, "How much is this?" (clearanced out/gone from system), use the MyDevice to find the price. Only time I've run into a problem is when the item is SO old that POS gives a flat "item not found"; even then, my ETL-LOG used a DPCI from a similar item -- bada-bing, bada-boom.

I'd be damned if I'd stand there and argue over 15-month-old toasters (referenced earlier in the thread).

Your mileage may certainly vary, of course. Pick your own battles. :)

Please note: tv's that are returned, need to be check by pmt & not by a electronics tm/tl, if the tv is not in a sealed box.

We just make sure it's the right tv (serial number match) and call it a day. No need to have a PMT check it, since it has to go back to CRC once it's been opened. No one is going to buy a tv that has been opened/used for the same price as a new unopened one, and a store should not be repackaging them as they will get more back for it from crc than they will on a repackage sticker.

I like the new bike policy. Ever since the vibe and be bold, all the guest had to do was snivel a little about not wanting their bike repaired and the LOD let them return/exchange it anyway. And honestly, I would prefer not to have to have that hassle of a conversation twice a week, anyway. The return/exchange conversation is much easier.

I like the new bike policy. Ever since the vibe and be bold, all the guest had to do was snivel a little about not wanting their bike repaired and the LOD let them return/exchange it anyway. And honestly, I would prefer not to have to have that hassle of a conversation twice a week, anyway. The return/exchange conversation is much easier.
Yeah i agree. I got tired of our bike guy just handing me a stack of names and numbers for me to call every Tuesday morning.

We just make sure it's the right tv (serial number match) and call it a day. No need to have a PMT check it, since it has to go back to CRC once it's been opened. No one is going to buy a tv that has been opened/used for the same price as a new unopened one, and a store should not be repackaging them as they will get more back for it from crc than they will on a repackage sticker.
I seem to recall hearing something about Target now selling used TVs. And I'm not even joking there. Also, CRC only returns 10% of the value, or thereabouts, does it not?

Definitely feel I may be mistaken on that second point, but I'm certain I've heard something about repackaged or used TVs.

I'll have to look at it when I get back but there is a new policy on TVs. I think they are having the pmt check and if it's not broken it will be repackaged for resell.

Lmao i laughed at my etl and etl hr when i read it the first time even though it just for target brand items i think its going to expand to just everything. Also I forgot to mention but exchanges are not restricted to just one department now. If a guest return a coffee pot with no receipt and its over 70 they can basically get anything in the store to exchange for! Seriously its starting to become bull i should have took the backroom tl position when i had the chance if i would have know this will happen.

I've always done the exchange part anyway, just override to a gift card in most cases. Only time I won't is if I think they're trying to scam.

I'll have to look at it when I get back but there is a new policy on TVs. I think they are having the pmt check and if it's not broken it will be repackaged for resell.

Yup this is true. They actually have been selling really well at my store.

This is fantastic news for people who like to redecorate their homes. Also people who stage homes for sale will have a great time with this "policy". People who like to update their wardrobe will really love it. Need new winter clothes? Just return all of your summer clothes, we will take them back!In my time at Target I have seen the return policy in all forms. 90 days with a receipt, no returns on anything that had been used or worn, no returns on holiday items after the holiday and on and on and on.. This company has been in trouble because they can't figure out who the hell they are. Normal consumers can figure out in 90 days if something works for them or not. By extending it to a year you are appeasing the wrong guests. Do you really want this type of person to be your core consumer? I personally will not buy anything from anywhere that has been returned. You can tell how it is repackaged, tagged or smells if it was in someones home. Mistake Target,BIG F#%KING MISTAKE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back