Archived No Hours

Status
Not open for further replies.
I understand the need to cut hours etc . What I don't like is when they will say on Monday you have to leave at your scheduled time there is NO staying over...ok that's fine. Tuesday you go in you casually ask ( cause the backroom looks like crap) do we need to leave at our scheduled time. They say yes....so on and so forth then on Saturday..they will ask Tgtguy what time are you here till...I reply 11 30 am...then they say can you stay later today we need to get caugh up on this bs. Ok, you didn't have hours all week and you allowed the backroom to look like this now you want me to stay later on a Sat....if you didn't have hours all week then don't ask someone to stay at the end of the week...cause at that point 2 hours is not going to make that big of a difference in my check.

I could be wrong, I think the reasoning is that during the earlier to mid week they are gonna assume that all hours are used up or will be slightly over. By end of the week, (Friday or Saturday), they get a better idea of how many hours were used or not used by TMs that has called out. So there safe to give away more of those hours.

I work 6 days a week/4 hours a day. Last two days were cut to 3. Wednesday I was told, Thursday I was asked. I know I should have refused, but I didn't feel like arguing.

It's not a viewpoint, it's a fact. In the past two years my store has made a 180 and with all new leadership everything from scores to our daily sales have gone up. And while we don't make sales every day, we usually do for the month and we see a good amount of flex hours.

I come from an ULV that was on the bottom, and now we're above our district for scores and sales.
The post of mine that you quoted was me saying that everyone has their viewpoint and or opinions ....and just because someone disagr
I could be wrong, I think the reasoning is that during the earlier to mid week they are gonna assume that all hours are used up or will be slightly over. By end of the week, (Friday or Saturday), they get a better idea of how many hours were used or not used by TMs that has called out. So there safe to give away more of those hours.
This could be true. My point was that you cant jerk people around and still expect them to jump through hoops for you....and if you ask them to come in when you told them not to....you need to realize that they may say no and are within their rights to do so.

Mine is either 2:30-10 or 2:30-11 depending on which day of the week. And occasionally a 1:30-10. I absolutely hate it. All the useful parts of the day are within that time frame. If I wanted to get any quick appointments or errands in I'd have to wake up super early, but if I'm getting of at 10 or 11 the night before, I'm gonna be too sleepy for that.
I do a nine to five three days a week. And two closes. Which leaves days off or early mornings for most stuff. Fucking sucks trying to get to a garage or tires rotated. The post office, bank, etc.

I don't even know what the point of cross training is anymore. I was a sales floor TM cross trained into BR. That flipped into me being a BR TM that is trained into sales floor. So what happens? My hours plummet. I was getting 30-35 hours a week before, now I'm barely crossing 20. It completely kills the raise + higher paygrade I have. I'm making $9.59 an hour with paychecks that equal $8 an hour. I don't understand why they can't throw me sales floor shifts to supplement my BR work.

I asked to be cross trained in electronics and price change (so I can develop into a TL) , and got denied for both and instead will be trained in instocks. I'm close to asking my LOG ETL to go back to the floor with occasional BR shifts where needed.

I don't even know what the point of cross training is anymore. I was a sales floor TM cross trained into BR. That flipped into me being a BR TM that is trained into sales floor. So what happens? My hours plummet. I was getting 30-35 hours a week before, now I'm barely crossing 20. It completely kills the raise + higher paygrade I have. I'm making $9.59 an hour with paychecks that equal $8 an hour. I don't understand why they can't throw me sales floor shifts to supplement my BR work.

I asked to be cross trained in electronics and price change (so I can develop into a TL) , and got denied for both and instead will be trained in instocks. I'm close to asking my LOG ETL to go back to the floor with occasional BR shifts where needed.

Stay cross training on In-stocks, and ask for Market as well (if you have PFresh). If you like working hard, and can handle alittle stress (LOL)...

Apply for Perishables Assistant, which is a position cross trained in In-Stocks/Sales Floor/Backroom/Bomb Disposal.

i have worked for target for 8 years now and this is the worst it has ever been as a flow team member we do get more hours than other stores do but they shove all the logistics team out the door by 1 pm and tell us its because of we are not making pay role but take the board down that shows how much we make and the projected amount we should make anyone at the other stores see this?

Logistics payroll at my store had seemed untouchable but it looks like reality has finally caught up. Past week there have been full pallets abandoned all over the store, random z-racks sitting untouched in softlines.

Today it looked like a bomb went off in market...10 pallets got bowled out, but maybe half it got worked before flow got kicked out (I'm pretty sure the flow TL tried to finish it himself). At least they didn't pull the rest of the pallets out to the sales floor...No instead they left the rest on the line and piled up in front of the receiving doors. Want to work a CAF? Well you need to find it first!
thats so sad to see something like that what is wrong with this company
Logistics payroll at my store had seemed untouchable but it looks like reality has finally caught up. Past week there have been full pallets abandoned all over the store, random z-racks sitting untouched in softlines.

Today it looked like a bomb went off in market...10 pallets got bowled out, but maybe half it got worked before flow got kicked out (I'm pretty sure the flow TL tried to finish it himself). At least they didn't pull the rest of the pallets out to the sales floor...No instead they left the rest on the line and piled up in front of the receiving doors. Want to work a CAF? Well you need to find it first!

my boss tells us we have no hours then he hires more teams members to make up for this stupid idea of working on a sunday. he then lets people have sunday off for church and other things and says we need more people wtf we should be able to work with 25 people on the team on a 2200 truck my team sucks so much

We are buried in reshop in SL. This is the busy time of year for us but our hours have been cut back to nothing. The whole dept is wrecked!
Yeah I feel bad for our new softlines TL. Last time I counted, there were 10 carts and 5 z-racks full.

Good to see that mine isn't the only store where an in stocks TM is lucky to get 20 hours per week. Used to work in another work center for a steady 40 hours per week before I transferred here. I miss working in a store that didn't struggle with payroll.

Lately we've seen entire work centers quit over this stuff.

Same story at my store. I am on the presentation team and up until a couple years ago our hours were pretty steady at 40 hours with a couple slow months (May & December). We would always get hours in other work centers during these slow times. Our hours have been up and down for quite a while now. Some weeks we had more work than our team could do and our TL would have to add TMs from other work centers to help. These weeks would be followed up by weeks when we would be scheduled 20-25 hours.

Now we don't set salesplanners anymore. Our team used to get salesfloor & POG hours to do this work. So I can only see hours getting worse. My Time seems to have curtailed the number of work centers we can get scheduled in. Most of the people on my team are SUPER global, I am able to work Flow, Softlines, Fitting Room Operator, Hardlines, Cashier & Price Accuracy. I sometimes get a cashier or operator shift but my average hours have dropped below 34 hours ( they used to stay pretty close to 40). This is frustrating to deal with as I work so that I can provide health insurance for my family and I worry that eventually my hours will drop low enough that this will be an issue. The kick in the teeth is that my store is HIRING!! They have people that aren't getting as many hours as they're used to and instead of trying to help them out they are adding new TMs. This just shows me how little Target cares for their TMs!

Same at my store :
We have a new stl and and etl hr , no one ( or maybe a few tms and tl ) is getting more than 31 hrs a week !
A guest service tm who has been working here for over 15 years , used to get 25-27 hrs a week ( that suited him ) and now only 12 !
The kicker , they just hired someone new for guest service !!!!
7 tms just put their 2 weeks notice!
The main reason: no hours !
None were demanding 40 hrs , but something more than 20 !
Stl is riding on the numbers from the previous stl ( she was great !!!helped and was close to the team !) this one is the stuck up cheerleading one !
The morale is down !
I am a lucky tm , even if my hours are getting cut , I have a spouse who earns a very good living !
But I feel for the tms who are now suffering and stressing out on how to pay their bills or just put gas in their car !

Yeah, I just got told that I will no longer be working 40hrs. Suddenly Spot doesn't have any hours to give out.
Log Exec wants me to write up an hourly block of what I will be doing during each day of my shift.
Being a receiver makes it a little hard to say what I can and can't get done in each hour of my day.

Any feedback will help

Seems like my store has hours, but I think it may be with all the people quitting recently and everyone calling out. Today with flow, it looked like more than half of the team called out. I never seen a headcount of team members so low.

Yeah, I just got told that I will no longer be working 40hrs. Suddenly Spot doesn't have any hours to give out.
Log Exec wants me to write up an hourly block of what I will be doing during each day of my shift.
Being a receiver makes it a little hard to say what I can and can't get done in each hour of my day.

Any feedback will help

Take all the things you do during the course of a day and fill in the blocks to make 8 hours.
Then do that 5 times.

2 more tms put their notice in yesterday !
This new posted schedule is even worst than the last one !
Tls are doing adjacency instead of tms !
We had an etl who worked all day in softline doing reshop ! Because there is no one else on schedule!
She asked the stl for more hours , and stl refused !
We might get coached because we clock in too early or past our time ( you know the 4 mn !!!) because we use more payroll

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back