Archived Non-compete clause

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kroneru

is choosing a custom title.
Where might I find information on whether Target has a non-compete clause? Specifically working for Aldi.

Unless you signed a contract, there is no restrictive covenant. Market Source employees sign a contract that prevents them from working for Target for 6-months after they leave Market Source. A non-exempt, hourly TM is free to go where they wish.

I’m not back in until tomorrow but I can take a look at the old new hire paperwork and see if you would have signed anything to that effect 😊

Unless you signed a contract, there is no restrictive covenant. Market Source employees sign a contract that prevents them from working for Target for 6-months after they leave Market Source. A non-exempt, hourly TM is free to go where they wish.

This goes both ways, market source has a deal with target they won’t hire target TMs for 6 months so they can’t steal good TMs. Granted this doesn’t always happen and there are exceptions but it’s supposed to work both ways

From what I’ve seen the only places that are considered competitors are Walmart and Amazon. We have a couple TMs who also work at a grocery store near our store and it’s ok. I pull side jobs at local retailers and my BP is ok with it. I’ve heard of PML/Ts getting bounced if they don’t prioritize Spot first though. It seems like every case is judged on an individual basis.

Thank you for the input everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back