Archived Not getting any feedback relating to time off???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was hired just over two weeks ago, maybe 3 weeks ago by now. Not 100% sure. When I was doing my interview, a lady interviewed me and asked basic questions and my availability. I told her "I am in college and right now would like about 25 hours a week, just part time, but for the holidays I'll work more hours if you need me to. I'm completely open since I do school online." She said ok, and asked if I was available around Thanksgiving and Christmas. I replied back "The only time I'm not available is about 5 days during Thanksgiving time to due a cruise that's been booked a year, other than that, completely open." She said ok, and moved me on to a manager (?).

The manager, she works in HR, I don't know their specific names.. did a mini interview again and I explained my situation above to her as well. She kept saying that was fine about the cruise, that it was great I was open and willing to work more than I want to and so on. She asked me right there if i accepted the job offer, so I said yes.... obviously.

I put in a time off request about 5 days ago or more regarding the cruise and wrote for the description, "Discussed during interview with *name*, was agreed to before hiring me." It still says pending and I haven't seen the woman who hired me. Yesterday I asked someone, I didn't know he was a manager, when to expect time off being accepted. He told me not to expect any days off, "why would we even hire you?". I didn't go into detail and was annoyed, said ok and left. I called this morning and the lady at HR told me "I can help you" and wouldn't transfer me to her. I explained that my time off wasn't accepted yet and I just wanted to make sure it was gonna be accepted and that it was discussed during my interview. She said "oh ok I'll ask her and call u back" so i said ok and yeah it's been 8 hours and no call. I'm not scheduled for a week. Wtf do I do? I'm worried they won't accept it, when it was agreed to, and I like this job so far and don't want to get fired/have to quit over it.

You should have filled out an availability sheet during your interview with vacation days listed. If you wrote them down you are good since the interviewer signed it.

If you did not, let this be a lesson to get everything in writing...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back