Archived online coupon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Everyone on Reddit is arguing with me but I think target can and should fire those who exploited this glitch

I thought you were going to say ".... fire those who caused the problem." Instead, they'll promote them. Job well done.

The margins on electronics though are extra slim. None of this stuff came anywhere near to what the wholesale price was for the items. Especially, when it comes to Electronics. Margins are even more slim on though on Gaming Consoles. We might make $20 on a $300 Console if we are lucky. I can't even imagine how much money has been lost today. And Corporate still is not doing a huge round of cancelations.
They cancelled almost all ship to home. I hope they cancel others and stores start cancelling too

They cancelled almost all ship to home. I hope they cancel others and stores start cancelling too
The ones that haven’t shipped out already.

The Target reddit has turned into “look at what I scored/bragging”. People buying drones, cameras, iPads, gaming systems, and just a lot of high dollar amount of stuff. Looks like a good bit was pick up in store, which means if the stores don’t refuse them their purchase then they got it at an extremely reduced amount.

I bet most of these people don’t even shop at Target on a regular basis.

I wonder what high earning employees are about to get fired so Target can try recoup the loss. Or I guess they can just cut hours again. Since my store has lost a lot of people and truck push from two and three days ago is still carrying over, it wouldn’t be in my stores best interest to cut. Who knows?

I bet most of these people don’t even shop at Target on a regular basis.
They don't. Probably 60/70% of them are blue store shoppers. No repeat business, or anything positive will come out of these "sales".

I'm honestly more pissed about the probable hour cuts, this will result in. No one ever cares about the TM's left holding the bag for this stuff.

anyone who would be stupid enough to use their TM discount and REDcard when cheating Target.com out of hundreds of dollars deserves to be fired

I'm confused. Either it's a valid coupon or not. If it wasn't, then Target should also prosecute all the people who used it for theft. If it was valid, then why couldn't an employee use it?

I'm not trying to be dense or argumentative. How is it against the rules in the employee handbook?
From the book “team members cannot... use coupons outside of best practice for their own benefit” and “team members should always act in the spirit of [team member purchase] guidelines”

Using multiple category coupons on one transaction violates our coupon policy and therefore best practice, and is certainly not in the spirit of the guidelines.

Who does it come down to with the issue TMs using the coupons? AP? Plus wouldn't come down to them looking into your purchase before taking any action towards those TMs? Of course just comes down to your store, being most likely getting coaching, final warning, or flat out fired.

Who does it come down to with the issue TMs using the coupons? AP? Plus wouldn't come down to them looking into your purchase before taking any action towards those TMs? Of course just comes down to your store, being most likely getting coaching, final warning, or flat out fired.
Yes, any issues with coupons or fraud are APs territory

Yes, any issues with coupons or fraud are APs territory

Yeah, that's what I thought so. One of the team members spoke to AP today about and was told they were in the clear about using those discounts, then again just comes down your store AP, everyone handles things differently. Which is BS but what can you do about it?

I just really hope I don't deal with people trying to use these coupons in store tomorrow... I'm sure Target will try to fix whatever happened by then, but I wouldn't be surprised to see random couponers still trying to use it on their phone
I did pick a good time to leave electronics for overnight remodel crew, didn't I?

I had over a pallet of stuff that says otherwise.. And nope was not given permission to cancel orders that you could tell were this BS..

The 15% Coupon, apparently was stackable. Some people managed to stack 6-7 of them, and than combined them with yet another $20 off Coupon, making the entire store almost 70% off with a RedCard. For whatever reason, Corporate has not canceled all the orders. Losses have got to be huge, like probably over $10million at this point.
On East Coast time here. Nearly all the orders that stacked the promos would not allow us to process them in MyGO or MyDriveUp. After speaking with corporate, we also cancelled any outstanding store pickups.

On East Coast time here. Nearly all the orders that stacked the promos would not allow us to process them in MyGO or MyDriveUp. After speaking with corporate, we also cancelled any outstanding store pickups.
What time was this? I was at a store on the east coast around noonish today, and they were still dueling out huge pickup orders.

Our store got told about 930a to find any orders with suspicious amounts of discounts and cancel them.

My boyfriend showed these codes to me in the middle of the night. I was like, I'm not about to get fired for some savings, I'm sure its a glitch. I closed the next day. My store canceled all suspicious orders, people were lined up at 8am and their orders weren't even ready yet so they knew something was up and looked into it. We still had people trying to pick up orders and use the coupon when I came in, but they knew it wasn't legit by then because they weren't argumentative at all. I hear the morning crew did not have it so easy.

I kept having people show me like not even the coupon with the actual barcode just like screenshots off Instagram that said “target is offering $20 off a $50 purchase” and I’d be like that’s.. not a coupon and they’d be like “what are you talking about yes it is” like uh yes they are REFERRING to a coupon which first of all is fake and not even a thing anymore and second of all just mentioning a coupon is not enough you have to have the actual thing ??? That’s like me saying “oh I have a coupon for $2 off this product.” “Okay can I see the coupon?” “Uh me telling you is the coupon.” See how dumb that sounds? That’s what I dealt with all day :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back