Archived Own your Reshop - Guest Service changes 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've said this in other threads and I'll say it again: Other than returns, what do Guest Service TMs do now that there's nothing to sort?
We are still sorting reshop from the floor and checklanes. We need to zone dollar and make sure GS is brand. We are still doing defectives, paid and left, empty packages, photo, online pickups, and helping guests. There are times when I have guests non-stop for almost an hour at a time.

We have tubs that we then have to empty into cardboard boxes, tape shut, tape the salvage or CRC lists and then take it to backroom. Apparently we can't have empty boxes laying around anymore because "first impressions."

My bad, should have checked first.

I'm finding that so far, at least in my store, we just end up with carts full of unsorted hidden in isles and tucked wherever they won't be noticed long enough for a team member to clock out. Yesterday morning I found a bunch of tablets dumped, with not even a spider wrap, out on the electronics counter. What's the point
in ending the day with no carts at guest service if mixed reshop is just dumped all over the store instead? It doesn't seem more efficient. It feels like we've taken the approach little kids take when they "clean" their room by just stuffing everything in the closet.

As someone that only observes it (I'm not trained for anything on the sales floor), my store's system seems to be going well. I haven't personally experienced it, but everyone seems to be doing their part. I can probably just be missing something, though.

As someone that only observes it (I'm not trained for anything on the sales floor), my store's system seems to be going well. I haven't personally experienced it, but everyone seems to be doing their part. I can probably just be missing something, though.

It's like this at my store. Get off the lanes? Take reshop with you. The thing is reshop is totally manageable q1. Q3 and 4 it's just too much to handle. Everyone will be at a lane, pushing cafs and grabbing callboxes that it won't simply work

Last edited:
Setting in stationery during this past week. I'm resetting the office tools/mailing aisle. By the time I'm finished setting, cleaning, sorting, and pushing, I have an entire handbasket full of reshop.

Who reshops all that? It's stuff from the entire store. I'm not supposed to take it up front anymore and sort it.

Setting in stationery during this past week. I'm resetting the office tools/mailing aisle. By the time I'm finished setting, cleaning, sorting, and pushing, I have an entire handbasket full of reshop.

Who reshops all that? It's stuff from the entire store. I'm not supposed to take it up front anymore and sort it.
Depending on how much of a skeleton crew your store has, the LOD will probably either have you partner with a TM working in those areas, or ask you to do it yourself. Depending on how busy LOD is they might be nice and do it for you. Most of my LOD shift last night was getting people to push CAFs/pick up the mess that is softlines while I took care of HL abandons from GS and checking handbaskets and endcaps in each block hourly. Certain LODs at my store somehow get away with bringing up carts of abandons at the end of the night, but I would never hear the end of it so I'm pretty on top of finding a way to finish them. :rolleyes:

AS a hardlines TM I don't like the new system. We push and zone but you have to stop every 5/10 minutes to go up front and get your reshop. Then you have to put it away and start all over again with push and zoning. This will not last at holiday time. We are a top performing store and it wont work.
How it works in my store is beginning at 11 the TLOD will go the GS check out the reshop he/she will either put it away themselves or delegate it a TM (should we have a dayside TM) This happens every hour on busy days or GS will call to let us know it needs to be worked. At night the closing TL will distribute the reshop to TM in their zone. One hour before closing we call for reshop and everyone that has reshop for other areas brings to GS and exchanges. It has been really working out well in our store. The closures aren't burdened with a days worth of reshop.

And everyone knows 4th quater is its own animal with its own rules! Lol

Depending on how much of a skeleton crew your store has, the LOD will probably either have you partner with a TM working in those areas, or ask you to do it yourself. Depending on how busy LOD is they might be nice and do it for you. Most of my LOD shift last night was getting people to push CAFs/pick up the mess that is softlines while I took care of HL abandons from GS and checking handbaskets and endcaps in each block hourly. Certain LODs at my store somehow get away with bringing up carts of abandons at the end of the night, but I would never hear the end of it so I'm pretty on top of finding a way to finish them. :rolleyes:

Considering my shift consists of doing pogs and signing and I'm behind myself, I usually use the Antarctic Plan and just leave it sitting on the endcap. On Thursday, I left an entire basket sitting on the floor in the aisle.

And this is what our stores will be like from now on. Reshop all over.

As if I'm going to tell the LOD, "Oh hey, here's more work to pile on me." Not happening.

I'll end up just tossing the crap before that.

We don't have the payroll to schedule enough cashiers so the few TMs we have are pretty much always on the lanes. We often don't have anyone but pog and price during the day. At night we may only have 2 TMs in hardlines. I'm at an A volume Super.
How in the heck would we manage this new plan?

We have a tub with boxes on it on the other side of the half wall. That part hasn't changed so far.
Ours has stayed the same as well. We did have a two tier tub with plastic bins hide in a corner or the store for reshop... they think its working but we are definitely walking past stuff we would have picked up before. Nobody wants to add to the bins.

Our reshop is stored up front by GS, but during Q4 it was being sorted and stored by/blocking the fire exits by TSC. It got to the point that it was a major fire hazard and ETL-AP would just avoid the area completely as to be able to claim ignorance. So yeah, having even more reshop floating around the store could only be an improvement.

So I've said this in other threads and I'll say it again: Other than returns, what do Guest Service TMs do now that there's nothing to sort?
Mine does Dollar spot/bulleye's playground.

I don't like seeing that guest service can stand around and do nothing from time to time or just the fact that they can just spray down the desk and clean it.

Lol, at my store most days is crazy, so when I am at Service Desk, I have almost barely any breathing time, because for some strange reason every person in the world LOVES to return things at the same time, most of the time I am alone up there so it can get hectic, people who return clothes are the easiest, people who bring bunch of items I will have to defect are the most annoying when I have a long af liine. x.x

At my store they make us make sure everything is clean and looks good, usually there are some defectives we do that other TMs drop off, but when it is dead slow (which barely happens at my store), we either help with Bullseye go backs, or instead of making cart attendant take up some boxes for us, we just do it. Sometimes I vacuum the front end, or just look for something to clean.

Hearing rumors they may want to take away esim bin. I guess each tm will have to walk their bags of damaged to receiving so productive.
But at least this way you won't come back to receiving in the morning and find your ESIM bin overflowing when it was empty the previous afternoon.

But at least this way you won't come back to receiving in the morning and find your ESIM bin overflowing when it was empty the previous afternoon.
Heck I'm more worried that the bags won't make it inside the bin or even be kept upright so they don't leak. Just because it's in a bag and zip tied liquid will leak if bottles tip over.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back