Archived Pets Reinvention

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pettjm54

Sales floor TL
Team,
I am a scope b project store... Getting the focal installed Wednesday according to a message board. The message board indicates the ENTIRE gondola, BOTH SIDES. Need to be demerched. I hope this isn't true as one side is fancy feast and the other is Litter. As for the contractor, is this an overnight deal? During the day? 4am? (I am a 4am store)

Yeah I saw that message board. The aisles I may have to de-merchant would be bagged cat food and dog food. I don't know when the person to do this focal will be in.
I'm kind of excited to see what happens with this reinvention!

Are we talking about the one aisle that loses a front endcap and gets one of those short three sided deals on it? Or is it the other aisle that gets its front endcap replace by a cooler for pet food? We did both this week.

If your getting the cooler, you need to de-merch the entire gondola so they can run the electrical. If you getting just the focal endcap, you need to de-merch the first two sections for the endcap.

We just got the focal. No one received any communication that we were getting this except for a phone call from the vendor last week. PTL was forced to scramble to get some people for an overnight.

We had to demerch the entire aisle and then went ahead and set both sides of the aisle since it reset in a few weeks. Then smart huddled the merchandise the next morning.

As far as timing they came one hour before close and it took them 7 hours to do it. I feel sorry for the LOD that had to stay with them all night...

I'm the ptl at my store and we are not getting a vendor to build the focal for us, I had to partner with the sft for this type of job.

if you have a contractor or SFT depends on the scope of the project. I was a scope B "no SFT involvement contractor installs focall and corner guards" i am not a test store for the fresh pet.. contractor contacted us and gave us less than 24 hours to scramble to assemble a team to demerch the aisle. (by team it was me (pets TL) and a plano TM) we demerched the ENTIRE Aisle in about and hour and a half (Fancy feast, cat grooming and small pet and the other side was Litter) the demerch was required to push the gondola back 4 inches.. this took literally 3 minutes and we could begin remerching.. i was not happy. we were unable to set the new POGs since my adjacency changed ALOT. but i set the new slps and the siging to the focal and it looks awesome.. very happy with it.

.....(by team it was me (pets TL)......

There is a first for everything and you just got me with this one!!

I know, right? It would be so nice to have enough TLs to dedicate them at that granular of a level. Pets TL hah! We get one for the entirety of Hardlines. I laugh when I see my VAs and they are "Attn: Mens TL", etc and I'm over all of softlines so it all comes to me regardless.

Ha. For SF, we have 2 GSTL's, 1 Softlines TL, Hardlines TL, Electronics TL and CTL.

Wow. My store has 4 hardlines TLs (2 of whom are SrTLs), plus CTL and instocks (who do hardlines sometimes).

The pet food cooler looks pretty cool. I think it might be a bigger pain to zone pets now, since all the canned and tray food is scattered throughout (instead of just one 4ft).

We were supposed to have ours done last night. We all got called over to the dog food aisles to de-merch the gondola. Chatter over the walkie said that the contractor was not there as of 11PM. I'm off today.

just want to add that this pets reinvention really sucked. we just finished our remodel a couple months ago and had to totally rearrange again.. why does it matter if super premium dog food comes before just premium dog food? he gave me 90 hours for the whole week, yeah

Man, the Petfresh food is expensive. 1lb of cat food for $4? As much as I would love feeding my cat grain-free, I'll think I will just stick with Iams or look at Blue or EVO.

Whoever did the focal at my store as the "Meow" side with the dog food and the "Woof" or whatever side with the cat food. Dedede!

Man, the Petfresh food is expensive. 1lb of cat food for $4? As much as I would love feeding my cat grain-free, I'll think I will just stick with Iams or look at Blue or EVO.

Whoever did the focal at my store as the "Meow" side with the dog food and the "Woof" or whatever side with the cat food. Dedede!

If you hit up one of those, earth/organic/whatever there called (I don't know much about that trend) you can find free 1lb sample bags of dog food & cat food ;)

.....(by team it was me (pets TL)......

There is a first for everything and you just got me with this one!!

I know, right? It would be so nice to have enough TLs to dedicate them at that granular of a level. Pets TL hah! We get one for the entirety of Hardlines. I laugh when I see my VAs and they are "Attn: Mens TL", etc and I'm over all of softlines so it all comes to me regardless.

Smh guys... I'm the TL of a,b and c. In a p09 store so that happens to include pets And in a B volume store!?!?. Relax.. Lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back